Saturday Surprise II - Introducing the X8 Carto Tank Extraordinaire! Quasi Steam Punk Looks, Mad Cool Features Including Fill Port and Base Carto Secu

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
x8cartotank.png

x8cartotank_1.png

x8cartotank_2.png

x8cartotank_3.png

X8 Carto tank 3.0ml with Fill Port and Base Carto Secure Knob
$14.95

Very attractive 3.0ml carto tank, extremely well sealed. You can disassemle the tank from this unit but it is so well sealed into the top and bottom o-rings that you are instead provided a top knurled screw-in fill port through which you can fill your tank without removal of your cart!

Earlier releases of the X series tanks provide a machined hole at the base but no extra screw. Many speculated this was to hold the top screw when refilling so as not to lose it. We surmised it may be there to provide additional air flow control. But the main function of this hole and now, with included matching knurled screw is to SECURE the carto for help to prevent slippage. When you insert your carto, you can screw this knob in until it snugly grips the carto at the base and holds it there securely preventing slippage - nifty!

With its clean quasi-steam-punk appearance, stainless tip and highly polished top and bottom caps you simply have a nice sophisticated and somewhat low-profile entry into the carto tank market. This is a KEEPER!

• The tube can be removed but it is very tight. You will need to use your thumbnail to wedge at the top of the tube and bottom to wiggle it off. We suggest removing the bottom screw to provide air displacement to make this easier.
  • The way this is designed you could easily find a longer tube to use on this unit as long as it is tooled properly.
  • You do not have to use the bottom screw and not using it or adjusting it MAY provide more airflow if desired. We haven't verified this. Also your unit will be subject to slippage any tank encounters if it has no locking mechanism.
  • You can use any non-flanged steel punched carto in this unit. The carto provided with the tank is 35mm high.
  • We would suggest keeping fill screw in the fill port to provide proper vacuum pull and also to avoid misplacement.
  • Dimensions: 35mm or 1.7 inches high (without drip tip); 21mm or .8 inches wide.

There are absolutely NO DOA warranties on the 35mm punched carto that comes with this unit!

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Looks great!!! Does it come with a carto or do we have to buy that separately?
  • You can use any non-flanged steel punched carto in this unit. The carto provided with the tank is 35mm high.

There are absolutely NO DOA warranties on the 35mm punched carto that comes with this unit!

10 pleasurable chars for your pleasure

USMARINE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I picked up one of these at a local B&M today, i wanted to order some online but didn't know what the name or model of this tank was but after hours of research I was successful. During my search, I thought I found it, but it turned out to be a Kir Fanis Trap Tank I was actually looking at. After much comparison from the photos I realized the X8 is a clone of the Kir Fanis. It's sitting on my Provari and looks awesome! I'll be picking up a few more at this price.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key

Just got mine, but all my needle tipped bottles are at home and I don't have a filler funnel... Looks good, though.

(edit...update) Got it home and got it filled... I like it with the Raven. Tighter draw than the Protank, nice flavor. Any chance of a larger tube to fit the XL cartomizers? If I could fill this with more than 3ml, it might compete with my Protanks as an all-day fill it and forget it type device.

Last edited:

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
Just got mine, but all my needle tipped bottles are at home and I don't have a filler funnel... Looks good, though.

(edit...update) Got it home and got it filled... I like it with the Raven. Tighter draw than the Protank, nice flavor. Any chance of a larger tube to fit the XL cartomizers? If I could fill this with more than 3ml, it might compete with my Protanks as an all-day fill it and forget it type device.

soooo I have a question how does the raven fit this if its carto that comes with it is a standard BOGE size? im confused the raven must really extend on the top right?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
soooo I have a question how does the raven fit this if its carto that comes with it is a standard BOGE size? im confused the raven must really extend on the top right?

The Raven isn't a standard poly filled carto.. it's a BCC, ie bottom coil carto. So while it will stick up higher than the tank, that won't affect how it works. You could possibly switch out the outer tube with a longer one as long as it's the correct diameter... since I don't have one, I can't say what that diameter is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread