The best real size e-cig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Hope it is okay to add another review and to post it here. I'm just excited lol and I know there are some here who like minis so -

If there is a mini or ‘real size’ kit on the market, I own it. I have spent a small fortune trying to find a real size e-cig that offers performance. (Hold your comments big mod kids. Some of us don’t want to smoke something that looks like a microphone lol). I have also purchased the eRoll, 510T, 510, G6, etc. (Not real size but cigalike).

Anyway, I came super close to finding the best real size for about a year with the ePuffer Colibri. It was great until something changed in their cartomizers. They lacked a strong seal and it was windy city on every puff. This made the performance suffer… and the very same for the X3 (another real size mini.)

Note: Real size is 7.8mm in diameter and 84-86mm in length. I see many say other kits are real size but 8.5mm in diameter and 100+mm long is not a real cig size. Blu and etc.

Now of course there is the njoy KING. I find that to be the closest thing to smoking since… smoking lol but I am not about to purchase 2 a day! We all know they last ½ a day if you’re lucky and the price is outrageous.

So as I am always hunting for real cig size minis, I found the NEO (The same company that makes Mistic.) and thought to give it a shot. I was not sure it was true size as the site offers no measurement specs but says, “Same size as traditional cigarette.” It is. The NEO is the very same size as the njoy KING.

For $14.99 you receive 1 (sealed) auto battery, 1 USB charger and 2 cartomizers (18mg) all inside a glossy cardboard cig pack looking box. How good could it be for $15.00?

It is the best real size e-cig I have used and I have used them all. I am shocked!

The NEO has a nice pull to it. It is not windy and not super tight. Just feels right. The battery lights red and has a black, ash looking tip just like the NJOY King. It has the faint painted stripes like a real cigarette with no logo. The logo is on the cartomizers. There is a 6 second cut off which is plenty of time.

Cartomizsers are priced at $7.99 for 3 and/or $13.99 for 5. They are available in 18mg and 24mg, Tobacco or menthol. No funky flavors and that’s fine with me. I smoked cigarettes for years, not apples or cherries. Flavor is so subjective but I like it. It does tend to have a metallic after taste but it’s sort of sweet and smooth. The cartomizers are bottom coil and simple to refill. The company does not recommend you do so (you decide why) but anymore then one or two refills is about all you can get with such a tiny cart. You could take the wadding out and drip (bottom coli) but I will just buy carts as they are affordable enough. (See update below.)

So for me, I am happy to have a real sized ecig again and I am getting the same amount of vapor from the Neo as I do with my eRoll. $15.00? Now you tell me LOL!!

http://www.neoecigs.com/

Update: Shipping seems slow and they do not provide tracking without hunting them down for one. Also, as I stated later in this thread, I feel the cartomozers are over priced. $13.99 for 5 when the ePuffer Colibri/Nano (same size unit so competition) is $8.95 for 5.

Last edited:

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Is that a KR808 like the Volt?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

The Volt to the best of my knowledge is not real size (7.8mm diameter and 84mm in length - size of real cig) It is a male battery (sealed) with female carts like a sealed KR808 but thin and short like a real cig. Plus the black ash tip.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
The Volt to the best of my knowledge is not real size (7.8mm diameter and 84mm in length - size of real cig) It is a male battery (sealed) with female carts like a sealed KR808 but thin and short like a real cig. Plus the black ash tip.

Yeah the Volt is 8.5mm diameter and choice of 65mm or 78mm length. I was wondering if the Neo batteries male connection was the same as a KR808. Probably not I'm guessing because the Neo is thinner?

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Yeah the Volt is 8.5mm diameter and choice of 65mm or 78mm length. I was wondering if the Neo batteries male connection was the same as a KR808. Probably not I'm guessing because the Neo is thinner?

Neo is 7.8mm in diameter. Yep, thinner. If you ever used an NJOY King, Neo is the same size and fits in the over priced plastic box the KING comes in lol. I'll add a pic.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
mini.jpg

I don't like the dark paper color of the filter vs the lighter color but I'm just being picky. Menthol's are white.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
View attachment 207994

I don't like the dark paper color of the filter vs the lighter color but I'm just being picky. Menthol's are white. :2cool: Have to think of the price too. Neo $15.00 (rechargeable) NJOY $9.00 (disposable for 1/2 a day) and Colibri $30.00 (The basic, no PCC kit.) Neo needs a PCC. That would be great!

I wonder about the connection is for the Neo, if it's an already available one or is unique to the Neo. Would be nice to be able to get blank cartos for it. I often suggest cig-a-likes to people wanting to try vaping, usually the Volt. Would suggest this if someone wants something even smaller, but many converts in my family like to use their own juices so blank cartos are important.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Would KILL for blanks on this unit lol I made the suggestion to them as well but I think they would be near impossible to find elsewhere. In any event, the NEO carts are affordable but blanks would be great by them so we use our fav liquids. I mean, it all comes from China but - 7.8mm are very hard to find for RETAIL sale.

Yeah, some of my aunts and uncles are happy with the Volt cartos pre-filled with the Chinese liquid, others quickly jumped to American liquid. Whenever someone gets a kit to try I say focus on the experience, if it doesn't taste good to you we can fix that! Chinese juices have a weird, tangy metallic taste to me, though I like Janty RY4.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Guess I should point out that the ePuffer 5 pack is $8.95 (and blanks available) and the Neo 5 pack is $13.99. It's been a while since I bought ePuffer carts. Hmm? I still think the Neo works better (battery and cart) but hmm and grr! NEO if you're reading, maybe consider a slight price drop on the carts to be more competitive?

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Okay. Can you compare and contrast the Neo with the NJOY King?

I kinda did already but ... IMO, nothing beats the NJOY King when it comes to flavor, feel, looks, and vapor but, at $7-$9 per for 1/2 a day, no chance NJOY. Fooled me once (12 times really lol). I am still wondering if anyone has come close to the NJOY flavor and feel of the liquid within. WTA maybe??

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I kinda did already but ... IMO, nothing beats the NJOY King when it comes to flavor, feel, looks, and vapor but, at $7-$9 per for 1/2 a day, no chance NJOY. Fooled me once (12 times really lol). I am still wondering if anyone has come close to the NJOY flavor and feel of the liquid within. WTA maybe??
Yes. but then I noticed you wrote this about the NEO in your OP; "It is the best real size e-cig I have used and I have used them all. I am shocked!". So, I thought maybe you considered the NEO equal to the NJOY King...thus, my post.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Yes. but then I noticed you wrote this about the NEO in your OP; "It is the best real size e-cig I have used and I have used them all. I am shocked!". So, I thought maybe you considered the NEO equal to the NJOY King...thus, my post.

"Now of course there is the NJOY KING. I find that to be the closest thing to smoking since… smoking lol but I am not about to purchase 2 a day! We all know they last ½ a day if you’re lucky and the price is outrageous."

Nothing beats the KING but ^ and no, the Neo does not taste (IMO) or hit better but it is the same size. The KING is still KING but I don't know anyone that will afford to uses 2 a day, every day.

I still think the Neo performs the best from all the real size RECHARGEABLES I have used but, after looking back at ePuffer Colibri/Nano and the new pricing, I am bothered by the cost of the Neo cartomizers.

Last edited:

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
The price does seem rather high. My 808d1 is NOT exactly the size of a cigarette but it's close enough to stealth, no one notices the size difference unless you set them side by side in my experience.

I get filled cartomizers for $2 each or less, and they generally refill 3 times for about $.50 each. AND if I have an emergency there are even several brands I can find in stores that will fit it (though I dont recommend them.)

If I were you and the size difference was a deal breaker I think I would spend some time getting VERY good at preserving and refilling those $3 cartomizers. If you are very careful not to vape them dry and clean them out regularly you should be able to refill them several times. I am being lazy and just throwing carts away when they need any attention.

Last edited:

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
The price does seem rather high. My 808d1 is NOT exactly the size of a cigarette but it's close enough to stealth, no one notices the size difference unless you set them side by side in my experience.

I get filled cartomizers for $2 each or less, and they generally refill 3 times for about $.50 each. AND if I have an emergency there are even several brands I can find in stores that will fit it (though I dont recommend them.)

If I were you and the size difference was a deal breaker I think I would spend some time getting VERY good at preserving and refilling those $3 cartomizers. If you are very careful not to vape them dry and clean them out regularly you should be able to refill them several times. I am being lazy and just throwing carts away when they need any attention.

THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE REMOVED. Not the best! I had serious issue with their pre-filled carts and stopped buying from this company. They would burn up after about 6-8 puffs. Refilling or even pre-filling (which is nonsense!!) did not really help. Shame. It WAS an amazing real size rechargeable. If thats what you want, go epuffer Nano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread