Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Alright, so I started vaping April 29th. The evod bcc and some blank boge cartos were the first devices I bought that go on the batteries I bought (ego twist).

Considering how much I enjoy the EVOD bcc (and completely disliked cartos), I went and bought another EVOD, and a kanger pro tank.

Enough introduction , lol, My question is as follows:

What is the best way to clean and maintain the EVOD and / or the Kanger Pro tank?

I searched a bit on here, but couldn't find too much. This is all very new to me, and I like to maintain the stuff I buy. I already noticed the new evod bcc that came in the mail today hits better than the one I got April 29th.

1) Best way to clean EVOD and Kanger Pro tank
2) How to maintain EVOD and Kanger Pro Tank (how often to clean, any other tips/maintenance advice
3) How often should I change the atomizer heads, or how will I know when the time is ready? I've heard that when it tastes burnt, to change it.....but should I always wait until that long?

Thanks in advance guys

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
Well, with my protank, I always rinse them off and let them soak in very hot water for about an hour then I put them on a paper towel to air dry overnight. I do this pretty much after every tank so I don't get that burning taste. They will eventually die, the coils will just give out. If you are so inclined you would do well to learn to re-wick them yourself, that is the cheapest way and they say the re-wicked ones work even better. Very cheap and supposedly every easy to do.

Go here to learn how: Very straight forward and remember to tell Face Meat that Angel sent ya lol
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/396220-kanger-protank-rebuild.html

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Thank you :)

What about the EVOD?

I didn't put this in the tank section because I need to clean my EVOD, and I'm not sure how to clean it either.

So, I haven't even assembled my pro tank yet.....it looks like its 4 pieces? When I clean it, do I take all the 4 pieces apart, then rinse, then let dry? Or do I not take all the pieces apart?

Same with the EVOD. Do I unscrew it, then unscrew the atomizer head, then rinse it?

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
Protank should only be in 3 pieces, the tank, the bottom and the coil. Always take your coils off of the bottom part and rinse everything and let the wick part soak in hot water, rinse it really well. There are lots of people on here who use vodka to soak their wicks in then they let them air dry. Oh...the 4th piece of your protank, you must be talking about the cone that makes it look good with your ego battery. It's a 510 threaded tank and the cone makes it look good with your battery, otherwise it would look like, as someone put it, a sonic screwdriver.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Thank you :)

What about the EVOD?

I didn't put this in the tank section because I need to clean my EVOD, and I'm not sure how to clean it either.

So, I haven't even assembled my pro tank yet.....it looks like its 4 pieces? When I clean it, do I take all the 4 pieces apart, then rinse, then let dry? Or do I not take all the pieces apart?

Same with the EVOD. Do I unscrew it, then unscrew the atomizer head, then rinse it?

Your Evod is a tank Supermarket & yes it comes apart pretty much the same as the Pro Tank - just smaller pieces :)

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    I re-wired one of my EVOD's with ribbon kanthal. Hits like a locomotive even more now!
    Make sure to use NR wire for the coil legs if you'd like to re-coil them yourself.

I like doing them myself, as I said...ribbon kanthal is beautiful, full of surface area!

They should make a clearo with ribbon inside...

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2011
    SC
    Will this help: VaporLadyLounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube
    I just run the tank under the hot water and rinse it out. In the video she uses pipe cleaners, I use a cotton swab.

I must have gotten the reject cotton swabs last time, because I put one down the tube and didn't even apply pressure; brought out a clean stick and spent 45 minutes picking cotton out with a paper clip! Bought some pipe cleaners today, should draw some attention at cleaning time!

boshans

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    New York, USA
    I just rinse mine in water every night basically, after every tank full of liquid, it is a pain in the ... sometimes...but I do also have like 7 of them(evods) so it doesn't cut into my vaping time really. I just take it apart, unscrew the base+atomizer from the tank section, unscrew the coil from the base, and just rinse it real good under pretty hot water, like real hot...hot enough that you can handle really. Then just let it air dry. Do the same thing with the protank, works the same. Sometimes I take 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and let the atomizer part soak in it for like..i dont know an hour, then rinse it quick with water and then let it dry. Also when you are rinsing the atomizer part, I run water through the holes so the water gets inside and rinses the coils and the inside of it, and I take off the little silicon gasket thingy sitting on top of the post and rinse that and then put it back on, but not all the way down, let it sit on the post, and then put it all the way back down before I use it to vape. This all applies to both the evod and protank since they are the same thing basically.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here are a couple of thoughts:

If you use an ultrasonic cleaner for your EVOD and ProTank coil heads, which I do (same applies for T3, MT3, Vivi Nova and similar coil heads), I suggest filling the ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and then dropping the heads in a shot glass of pure grain alcohol (PGA, e.g., Everclear) or high-proof vodka and set the shot glass in the hot water. That way you get the cleaning benefits of hot ultrasonic cleaning in alcohol without wasting a lot of the Everclear/vodka. I usually do three 3-minute cycles—on for three minutes then off and soaking for three minutes; repeat twice more.

When you get your new ProTank or EVOD (or T3, or MT3, etc.) completely disassemble it and put all the pieces except the coil head into your ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and a cap full of dishwashing detergent (I use Dawn; best for removing grease). Again, I do three 3-minute cycles. Then take the pieces out of the ultrasonic cleaner and rinse them very thoroughly under cold water. You will be surprised at the amount of oil, dirt, and metal shavings that come out of one of these units fresh from the factory! Clean the coil head separately; I don't use detergent with the coil head because I think it might stay in the wick and give me a soapy-tasting vape. I don't really know if that is true, but that's my superstition. :D

After cleaning, I take the ProTank tank section firmly by the drip tip and give it a couple of "thermometer shakes" to wrist-flick the water out. In the T3s and MT3s, and somewhat less so in the ProTank, it's really hard to get a paper towel or a Q-Tip down inside the tank past the center post.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2013
    Texas
    I wash the body of edov in hot water, no soap. Clean the head with hot water also. Every so often, I will pull the head apart and expose the coils and soak the head in hot hydrogine peroxide. If the coils get super gunked up you can dry burn the coil head. Pull the top off and remove the flavor wicks to expose the coils. Screw it into the base and attach it to the battery, Hit it with power 5-10 seconds at a time untill you get all the coils lighting up. It burns the gunk off. rinse the head in hot water after you are done and reassenbly the head. Replace the head when you feel it's no longer hitting well. I am still using heads that are 6 weeks old. But, I clean them often.

supermarket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Your atomizer heads are what you soak in hot water or vodka. Let them soak for a while and then lay them on paper towels to dry overnight.

You ROCK! Thank you for your advice.

Like a fool (hey, I've always been on to learn the hard way).....I loaded up my pro tank with a juice I haven't tried yet....Pirate's booty from HHV. It tasted pretty unique and awesome....for THREE vapes. After that I realized what was unique about it.....is that its a fine, crafty mixture of ALCOHOL and PERFUME. This of course after steeping for a week (that's 2/3 juices from HHV that are disgusting, 1/3 that could be an every day vape. Thats for another thread sometime though)

Anyway, I found a way to get the liquid back into the bottle with carefully using a funnel. I did that, and realized right away I had to wash my pro tank out....ALREADY. DUH, I should have thought about this, but again, i learn everything the hard way.

Well, I wasn't sure if I was even supposed to get the atomizer head wet.......I thought maybe it would short or something? I'm new to all this, and I know the atomizer is the part that vapes, soo....

I'm very grateful for your post ;) Thanks for helping me out. I will go soak the atomizer head. The rest is already on a towel drying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread