Abbreviations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hello new members!

You've probably noticed that the world of e-cigarettes is dominated by a bewildering array of abbreviations (not to mention products ;) ).

To make your life a little easier browsing the forum, we've enabled a feature that automatically defines some of the more commonly used abbreviations.

Take ECF, PV or FDA as examples: You will notice that these have a dotted line underneath them - if you hover your mouse over them you should see a definition pop up.

This feature has been tested in Firefox and Internet Explorer (6+) only. If you are not seeing them for any reason, please post in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../60659-new-am-i-just-lame-have-noticed-2.html

All the best!

SJ

StayOutOfTrees

Jan 20, 2010
Kansas
Thanks. Was wondering what those little dots meant. Actually, I knew the underlined stuff were abbreviations because it was just some letters put together, lol, but still was trying to figure out what these abbreviations meant by looking through the forums, but now I get it though, put the mouse over the abbreviation to see what it means, sweet.

Makes one feel a little stupid, lol.

m201

Jan 18, 2010
Arizona
oh, so sorry, i found out what a cartomizer = combined atomizer/cartridge/mouthpiece (the “cartomizer”) is, by speed-reading through 'The Wonderful World of vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs (Parts 1 through 6)' ... again ... i don't know how anyone could figure out all this stuff on their own! thank goodness for this site! i think www e-cigarette-forum com should be printed in every PV e-cig manual! I have been vaping for a year and didn't even know that I was a vaper, heh

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Great function but the change to the massive squiggly red lines under misspelled words is a bit much. Any part of a letter that goes under the normal line of text (like q,p,y,j) gets covered so you have to look hard to see what it is or depend on the suggested spelling pop-up which doesn't always have the word needed. A thinner or transparent red line would be sufficient IMO. Not a real big deal...just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread