Fin E Cigs at Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I have a Fin sitting on my coffee table right now (and 2 of their disposables on my kitchen counter). I bought them mainly because I saw them at my local gas station and I like evaluating anything I can afford that's vape related. My personal opinion is "meh". I don't care for the juice that comes with them and as such never really used the disposables. The non-disposable one is basically an automatic battery with a 306 atomizer. The battery output is about 3.2V (based on my trying it with a 510 atty and then adjusting an ego twist to match the vapor). I remember when I first got it I was pretty impressed by "how powerful" the little battery was... then I got a twist and learned the joys of 4+ volts. It's odd that you brought that up since I just today recharged the Fin to see what I thought of it now. I'd say it probably isn't terrible for someone just starting (though I'd recommend they get a 510 atomizer and better juice) or maybe even someone who is still exclusively using a non-VV ego... otherwise I'd pass on it.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I just wonder if they are gonna stop selling NJoy. I live in a small town but I go to our local wal mart nearly every day because our local grocery store is so expensive. They always have lots of NJoy stuff there. This is the 1st time I haven't seen any at all. I can't be sure but I think the fin stuff is in the place where the NJoy stuff was.

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
I tried a Fin last weekend. They claim it lasts up to 2 packs of cigarettes. I'm not sure what they base their longevity on but it lasted me about half a day before the battery died. I did set it aside and try again later and got a couple more hours out of it before the battery died again. The flavor and vapor was okay but nothing special. Not worth the 8.99 price tag for regular use IMO, but if I needed something for a half day emergency I could make it work.

I noticed that our Walgreens had their nJoys on clearance and the cashier told me they weren't restocking them. I was going to try one but all they had were the rechargeables and I was looking for emergency disposables.

JoJoVa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
Washington, DC
I too picked up the Fin Cig from Walmart a month ago and love it. I really love the flavor, but wish it came in different nicotine strengths. Being a newbie, I purchased their refills online, not realizing that they were not compatible with their ecig from Walmart (those use cartomizers). I contacted the company about my order and they said that they would send me atomizers free of charge. I just received these in the mail and am so happy about it. The Fin company has really made quitting smoking a pleasurable experience.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
never heard of them, but they look pretty nice for a cig-alike. if you love them, then keep using them. hope they took out the diacetyl as that is not good stuff.. you can ask them if they are diacetyl free and I'm sure they will answer. Once you decide you like vaping, you will probably want to upgrade and can get lots of help and advice here.

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I did not start out with Fin but I bought one a few days into my vaping experience. I love the flavor and I have only used the cartomizer version. My guess is the atomizer version tastes even better. No, they don't last as long as they claim to but that is the downfall of all of the pre-fills. I still have my original battery and the charged time seems fine to me.

Overall, I would recommend them for newbies or if you find yourself in a pinch. And you gotta hand it to them - they have the packaging thing down. Much more sophisticated than any of the other brands. Even their website is hip.

SALLYGOODIN

Feb 26, 2013
Idaho
I too picked up the Fin Cig from Walmart a month ago and love it. I really love the flavor, but wish it came in different nicotine strengths. Being a newbie, I purchased their refills online, not realizing that they were not compatible with their ecig from Walmart (those use cartomizers). I contacted the company about my order and they said that they would send me atomizers free of charge. I just received these in the mail and am so happy about it. The Fin company has really made quitting smoking a pleasurable experience.
Yes the Fin kits etc at Walmart are different, they are made especially for Walmart. I ran and got the kit and 5 pkgs of cartomizers cause they were the only place open when I discovered from the blucig disposable this looked like a way to quit after 50 years and so far no smokes for two weeks.

I got the blu kit also but don't like it as well as the Fin. The Fin doesn't really have good flavor but batteries last longer than the bluecig as do the cartomizers. They are only 16 mg so I use a 24 mg liquid in an Ego and like that the best but keep the Fin and Blucig, at least the one battery of bluecig that still works, (one of those, well two actually crapped out on me in the first two weeks) but the Fin batteries are doing fine. I will probably try to learn how to refill the Fin cartridges with 24 mg. They are great for keeping in my pocket or vaping when out and about in public. In time I will get more use to using my Ego in public. LOL

But for the price I am happy with the Fin kit from Walmart.

dumpstar

Dec 26, 2011
MASSACHUSETTS
I got my mother in law one for mothers day. Shes a Marlboro Light smoker, and she LOVES it. I didnt get to try it out myself, but i had my girlfriend draw off it to find out if theres a cut off on how long the battery will stay activated. There isnt one (which i think is better for those with deep lungs, and those that prefer to get it going mouth puffing before they inhale it down).

My 3 reasons to recommend FIN to everyone who wants to try vaping, or needs to easily find a quick fix vape (IE hightech one broke and away from home):
1. Common 510 threading gives it an easy upgrade option into the huge vaping world
2. No battery cutoff on draw
3. Only $15 at Walmart for the starter kit

JENNIFER_GAIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2012
Florida
Our local Walmart has started selling what appears to be an ego t with ce4 attached to it for over $30. The "kit" comes with one battery, one clearo, and the usb charger. They are also selling juice for $7.99 for (what appears to be) 15ml. I had a friend bring one over the other day, she had told her fiancé that she wanted one like mine and he saw them at Walmart and picked one up for her.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Since they are 510 threaded it would be simple to pick up a clearomizer and some juice from another source to use with the Fin Batterys. That would solve the nic level and flavor issues. And at the $15 starter kit price it isn't at all a bad way to pick up an emergency battery should disaster strike in the middle of the night ;)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Our local Walmart has started selling what appears to be an ego t with ce4 attached to it for over $30. The "kit" comes with one battery, one clearo, and the usb charger. They are also selling juice for $7.99 for (what appears to be) 15ml. I had a friend bring one over the other day, she had told her fiancé that she wanted one like mine and he saw them at Walmart and picked one up for her.

Was it an auto or manual battery??

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
Hmmm, well, I tried the Fin in February, I bought that for myself as a birthday present. I hated it, it tasted terrible to me so I put it down and went right back to the analogs. March was when I got my first ego kit and have been analog free since. On a positive note, a guy here at work has asthma and smokes, I gave him the Fin and he loved it. I'm glad it wasn't a total waste, someone is enjoying it and staying off of the analogs :D

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It was a manual ego style battery. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. I'm not a fan of ego's but they are a definite improvement over stick batteries and being manual is also good. Good to see that a larger store is experimenting with better equipment. The packaging will sure need to have some good instructions if the average uninformed consumer is going to be able to understand how to best use this type of PV/head.

JoJoVa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
Washington, DC
Since they are 510 threaded it would be simple to pick up a clearomizer and some juice from another source to use with the Fin Batterys. That would solve the nic level and flavor issues. And at the $15 starter kit price it isn't at all a bad way to pick up an emergency battery should disaster strike in the middle of the night ;)
Myrany, you're right on the money. I bought the deluxe starter kit from Walmart. It took me a month to switch over to ejuice. in the beginning, I purchased my refill cartos from Walmart. I then ordered the cartridges from their website (and they would send you a free battery with a purchase of the $20 cartridge refills). I realized that the refills were getting pricey so I switched to Boge cartos and ejuice from MtBaker and never looked back. I am sure that the other batteries that I read about here last a lot longer (I'm almost always charging 2 batteries at a time),but I am pleased with the convenience and affordability.

I may graduate to something bigger, or I may not. All I know is that I no longer smoke analogs and for that I am so grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread