Not open for further replies.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
[h=3]VinylFTW 8$ Vamo Wrap.[/h]
I was creeping on reddit the other day and happened upon VinylFTW.com, and an 8$ Vamo wrap. Hmmmmm? For 8 bucks you cant go wrong, worst case scenario i get a cheap wrap and I just buy another one later. Now they just have the Vamo at the moment but lucky for me, I have a Vamo.The site had several options.
A custom cut vinyl wrap for the VAMO personal vaporizer.
Option 1: All separate pieces.
Option 2: Top three sections are one piece.Option 3: Top section is separate, and sections 2 and 3 are one piece. Every option includes a piece for every section. No part is left uncovered. Extender tube (4) and battery cap (5) are separate and included.Shipping is free USPS priority envelope, or 2$ for a USPS priority package

So I dropped them an order and 2 days and 8$ later I had my wrap. I ordered option 1 all separate pieces, with no overlap in black carbon. I opted for free envelope, it came padded with black felt in the middle to help prevent damage.

First impression, for 8$ I was expecting a sticker. No texture, just a checkered pattern of black and grey. WRONG. Its actual textured vinyl, adds a good bit of grip. Not to the point that its abrasive more like the rubberized finish of an eGo battery.

Secondly I was expecting some thing so thin I could see through it, WRONG. It is about as thick as a bill 5. 10. 20. which ever. So its reasonably thick but not to the point that the edges are going to stick out to the point that it catches on a pocket.

I didnt receive instructions, but I figured it was little more than peel and apply. If you need instructions check youtube, its a fairly simple process. I wiped down my Vamo with an alcohol pad and then a microfiber cloth to keep my fingers off of it. The main piece did take a little more attention but you dont have much choice but to put the buttons through the wrap first.

It is a fairly resilient vinyl, I had to reapply the main piece a few times until I got the edges around the LCD display straight. I did stretch it out a little but once I had it in place a gentle rub got everything back in place

The edges overlap nicely by less than a mm
I missed the edge a little bit but its barely noticeable unless under a good lens
The buttons and screen came out perfect in my opinion

You can see the texture pretty well in this picture as well​

Overall Im impressed, and for 8$ I am overly impressed. It looks and feels like a much more expensive wrap, it was easy to put on, there are plenty of options to get it how you want it, and its not a FREAKING FINGER PRINT MAGNET ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! A real great find for and Vamo owner. Thanks for reading​

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for posting this!

EDIT: The site doesn't seem to pull up for me :(

I just tried it....doesnt open for me either...strange...must be having issues...

spike1964-albums-stuff-picture210025-vamoprottanksml.jpg

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
So I'm going to revive this thread with a question.

I just ordered the black carbon fiber. I didn't realize the V5 was different when it comes to wraps. I found out while comparing prices on jwraps.

My question is this: Do you think this will fit on the V5 or am I going to have to ask for a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread