Status
Not open for further replies.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I am have a serious problem with my Vapeonly Mini BCC. I opened a help ticket, but decided to try posting the same info here in the hopes that someone can help me out. Anyway, here is the info:

I just got my Vapeonly BCC, and when I put it on my PureCigs Elite battery (innokin iTaste VV, 510/ego threaded) it fails to operate properly. I push the button on my battery, and it lights up, and stays lit, even after I release the button, until it gets to the 10 second safety cutoff, however it doesn't produce any vapor. When I leave the Vapeonly mounted on the battery, take the coil out of it and push and release the button, it works as expected.

It almost seems like the coil is causing a short across the batteries (2 batteries, exactly the same symptoms), and leaving them in an active state without actually heating up the coil.

Is this a defective unit, or is there some incompatibility with my batteries? I have not tried either of the other 2 coils (1.8 or 2.5) because I didn't want to open any more than I had to in case I needed to send this back. I don't know if they would produce the same symptoms or not.

Anyway, that is what I posted to the gotvapes support system.

I do have one final question, is there a "better" bottom coil clearomizer that will work with my batteries? I am currently using 808 threaded clearos with a 510 adapter, but I would prefer a nicer look, which is why I went with the ego threaded Vapeonly.

Thanks in advance for any help!

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
not having any issues like that with mine, MAKE A TICKET SO WE CAN SEE WHAT THE ISSUE IS. if its not a battery issues then maybe that carto itself has a faulty wire but unless i have it in my hands there isnt much i can help without seeing it for myself

Hey badkolo, glad you aren't having any probs with yours. As for the ticket, if you re-read my post, you will see that I did make a ticket, then decided to try here too. woody55 answered the ticket and helped out. It turns out it was a bad head. I am just hoping this isn't a sign of quality control issues.

Can anyone tell me how this compares to the Kanger evod? I was torn between the two, and now I'm second guessing myself ... just really wondering if I need to buy the EVOD too ... :D

Props to gotvapes support staff, I am amazed how fast this was looked into! Since I was posting at night, I expected to wait until tomorrow to hear back, I never expected to get it figured out tonight! Support is wicked fast and AWESOME! Thanks!

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I love my evods....haven't tried the vapeonly mini yet. Just my :2c:....but only you can compare the two and decide which YOU like the best. Many of us can give opinions....but they're just our opinions......yours is the one that will count in the end ;) Happy deciding to you :D

eVod & Pro-Tanks...Rule.

Soon to be T3S's AKA: eVod without the sleeze, I mean sleeve, in full ml capacity !!

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I am using a Mini BCC with the 1.8 Ohm head. After removing one wick it works great.
I like it better than the EVOD. Hotter and more vape.
Don't really like the flat tip but that's easily replaceable which is another plus over the EVOD.

There you have it. They are both quality devices, with some preferring the EVOD and others the mini BCC.

For myself I'm just so happy with the Evod and ProTank's that I haven't bothered to even try the mini-bcc, but I'll most likely get one just to test it out.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
There you have it. They are both quality devices, with some preferring the EVOD and others the mini BCC.

For myself I'm just so happy with the Evod and ProTank's that I haven't bothered to even try the mini-bcc, but I'll most likely get one just to test it out.

Mee too Harp..fixing to give them a whirl..Wally swears by his tank..so something has to be good...

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I, on the otherhand, have not had any issue with either the Kanger BCC's or the Vapeonly ( I've only tried the large one as of now )... both vape almost the same, no leaks or dry hits on either once they are set for the e-liquid I'm vaping. The Kanger's ( at least the Evod and ProTank ) are better build wise in that they have all metal/metal threading... where the Vapeonly has an advantage is being able to use most 510 drip tips.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I have both and I gotta say that the evod is miles above the vapeonly bcc. I've had a lot of dry hits (remove a wick) then it leaks....draw is too tight for me and I get a lot of condensation in the mouthpiece area on the vapeonly. I wont buy another one.

I respectfully disagree.
The draw on the VapeOnly is what I love most about it. And for some reason I think the flavor is also better on the VapeOnly compared to the Protank or the Evods or the T3's. I do like the Evods for their small form factor for a pocket vape. I can not use the ProTank without plugging two of the three holes with toothpick stubs. Waaaay tooooo airy for me. I have four full size VO going now with all additional wicks removed. All have been working fine this way for me from 70/30 to all VG. I personally think those additional flavor wicks are too constricting for the juices I have been using and I have seen a dramatic flavor improvement without them. Yeah they produce a lot of condensation , but that, to me, just means they are working at their fullest potential. Setting them upside down without the drip tip or giving them a few flicks takes care of that and I feel that's a small tradeoff for their great performance. I have two mini ones coming today but I do not expect the performance to change at all compared to the bigger ones. I seldom let them get below 1/4 tank. That seems to be when you start getting any overwicking issues.
Everyone has different expectations from various equipment but in my world these are at the top of my list along with the SplitFire.

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
I am hard to please when it comes to vaping but this clearo is great, for me. Vapor, TH, heat and flavor are exactly what I want.

When I smoked cigarettes I too long deep drags. I wanted all the goodness I could get. :)
When I first tried vaping I started with the eCig type, like most people, and found I couldn't get enough vapor.
I quickly switched to eGo batteries and clearos.

I have the Mini BCC, a V3 Stardust, an EVOD, a Mini Nova, Boge cartos and a little CE2.
The only one I really liked was the V3 Stardust. I'm on day 2 with the Mini BCC and am ready to order a couple more, some heads and maybe one of the Mega BCCs.

stauglocal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
Florida
I respectfully disagree.
The draw on the VapeOnly is what I love most about it. And for some reason I think the flavor is also better on the VapeOnly compared to the Protank or the Evods or the T3's. I do like the Evods for their small form factor for a pocket vape. I can not use the ProTank without plugging two of the three holes with toothpick stubs. Waaaay tooooo airy for me. I have four full size VO going now with all additional wicks removed. All have been working fine this way for me from 70/30 to all VG. I personally think those additional flavor wicks are too constricting for the juices I have been using and I have seen a dramatic flavor improvement without them. Yeah they produce a lot of condensation , but that, to me, just means they are working at their fullest potential. Setting them upside down without the drip tip or giving them a few flicks takes care of that and I feel that's a small tradeoff for their great performance. I have two mini ones coming today but I do not expect the performance to change at all compared to the bigger ones. I seldom let them get below 1/4 tank. That seems to be when you start getting any overwicking issues.
Everyone has different expectations from various equipment but in my world these are at the top of my list along with the SplitFire.
I didn't find the Protank draw to be too airy, but then again I do own a Z-Atty.

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
I may try removing all of the flavor wicks and trying it then. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to like the VapeOnly, it just hasn't happened yet ;)

Just goes to show you how subjective e-cigs are, and what one person loves you may hate. By all means, if it works for you then vape the hell out of it :D
It's definitely subjective. Luckily there are options out there for all of us.
Think about how many brands of cigarettes are on the market to please the masses. Different strengths, lengths, flavors, colors, even the different boxes they come in...

I bought the EVOD after reading so many glowing reviews. Like you, I wanted to like it. I couldn't understand how so many people could like it and I didn't. :)
I messed around with removing/adding wicks and finally got it to a point where I could use it but I still don't really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread