New Stuff at Vaperfexion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
As I mentioned earlier, we now carry the VAMO REV.2 VARIABLE POWER 18350/18650 VV/VW APV in both Black Chrome and in real Stainless Steel. I am usually wary of the chinese mods, but this is proving to be a pretty good device, especially considering it's price point. VAMO Variable Power 18350/18650 VV APV, Rev.2 - Vaperfexion

vamo5.jpg

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We have made a change to our tried and true Tapered(Slant) 19mm caps. We are discontinuing Type I and II and are only producing one style now. It is essentially a no-trim version of the Pro-V top cap. It is steeper, taller and just makes a nicer overall statement. It does require the use of the new Pro-V and Centauri length tube. It is not on the website just yet, but if you order a slanted cap, no matter the type, this is what you will get. It looks really sharp using them on both ends. The price will go up slightly, just due to the additional Stainless required to make them. But right now, this is what you will get at the old price. These are freshly milled (except the satin one), so they are not as smooth as a finished product

EDIT: Due to popular demand, we will keep offering the old styles of Slanted caps and just add this to the mix. It will be the Type III Tapered Cap.

20130429_195834.jpg
20130429_210327.jpg

Last edited:

Jahf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Nederland, Colorado, United States
We have made a change to our tried and true Tapered(Slant) 19mm caps. We are discontinuing Type I and II and are only producing one style now.

*snip*

but if you order a slanted cap, no matter the type, this is what you will get. It looks really sharp using them on both ends.

I asked about the cap types in email, twice (one on 4/17, then on 4/22), and never got a response. Even called and left voicemail around 4/24 and got no response. So I ordered polished type II caps along with a separate set of polished Reactor caps this weekend. All showed as in stock this weekend when I ordered.

So ...

Will the new caps work with a LavaGen insert? I was specifically ordering the caps for a LavaGen on a large pipe mod I'm building and ... I already ordered the 4 x glass tanks (to have 2 spares, 1 set with the Reactor top/bottom and 1 set for the type II endcaps) and they are on the way so if the new caps don't work for the LavaGen drop-in then I need to modify my order. To me they look a bit taller than the old style caps and not really what I was looking for.

I don't have a Lava Tank. I was buying from Vaperfexion based on how long Dino and Johnboy said it would be before more SS Lava Tubes came out. Already bought the LavaGen ... and passed on 2 different Lava Tube SS cap sets over the weekend because I thought I was set with the order I placed.

Sorry to sound gripey ... just that I have everything else already in transit for vapemail this week and was looking forward to getting the caps so I could get rid of my current sub-par setup.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I asked about the cap types in email, twice (one on 4/17, then on 4/22), and never got a response. Even called and left voicemail around 4/24 and got no response. So I ordered polished type II caps along with a separate set of polished Reactor caps this weekend. All showed as in stock this weekend when I ordered.

So ...

Will the new caps work with a LavaGen insert? I was specifically ordering the caps for a LavaGen on a large pipe mod I'm building and ... I already ordered the 4 x glass tanks (to have 2 spares, 1 set with the Reactor top/bottom and 1 set for the type II endcaps) and they are on the way so if the new caps don't work for the LavaGen drop-in then I need to modify my order. To me they look a bit taller than the old style caps and not really what I was looking for.

I don't have a Lava Tank. I was buying from Vaperfexion based on how long Dino and Johnboy said it would be before more SS Lava Tubes came out. Already bought the LavaGen ... and passed on 2 different Lava Tube SS cap sets over the weekend because I thought I was set with the order I placed.

Sorry to sound gripey ... just that I have everything else already in transit for vapemail this week and was looking forward to getting the caps so I could get rid of my current sub-par setup.

I am not totally following you. You ordered 4 glass tubes for a lavagen? What size did you order? I don't have any glass tubes that would correctly fit a Lavagen tank, since you need a vent hole and are taller than a carto height tube.
I imagine your order is still pending, so I think we have time to straighten it out and make it work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.

Jahf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Nederland, Colorado, United States
I ordered 1 x set of SS Reactor caps and 2 x SS Type IIs, all polished. Order #1803. Still "awaiting fulfillment" as per the web site.

I got the tubes elsewhere since I didn't see what I needed tube-wise on VPX ... I ordered extra tubes so I have them handy in case of future breakage :)

My plan was to end up with 1 Reactor tank for one of my devices and the Type II end caps for the other tank. One of them will be a standard tank, the other will have a LavaGen insert (ie, I ordered 2 x XL fused quartz tanks and 2 x LavaGen length punched fused quartz tanks).

I already had the LavaGen insert, minus the poly tube, from an earlier used purchase.

I know I can use the LavaGen in the Reactor, but am really hoping to use at least one of the End-caps to replace the base since unlike a normal APV this tank will be on a (large) upright standing wooden pipe mod (something custom I'm building, not the one in my avatar). I wanted to smooth the angles of the base as well as be able to use a long stem on it, then use the remaining 2 caps for the traditional tank for a normal APV.

Thanks for the assist.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I ordered 1 x set of SS Reactor caps and 2 x SS Type IIs, all polished. Order #1803. Still "awaiting fulfillment" as per the web site.

I got the tubes elsewhere since I didn't see what I needed tube-wise on VPX ... I ordered extra tubes so I have them handy in case of future breakage :)

My plan was to end up with 1 Reactor tank for one of my devices and the Type II end caps for the other tank. One of them will be a standard tank, the other will have a LavaGen insert (ie, I ordered 2 x XL fused quartz tanks and 2 x LavaGen length punched fused quartz tanks).

I already had the LavaGen insert, minus the poly tube, from an earlier used purchase.

I know I can use the LavaGen in the Reactor, but am really hoping to use at least one of the End-caps to replace the base since unlike a normal APV this tank will be on a (large) upright standing wooden pipe mod (something custom I'm building, not the one in my avatar). I wanted to smooth the angles of the base as well as be able to use a long stem on it, then use the remaining 2 caps for the traditional tank for a normal APV.

Thanks for the assist.

Ah ok. The new slanted caps are indeed taller. In fact, they are exactly equal to the working internal height of the Reactor top cap. In other words, a standard bottom cap will require the exact same height tube with either the Reactor top cap or the new tapered (slanted) cap. But a Reactor top cap used as a pair with the new tapered cap would be too tall for our existing standard tubes.We will carry that new size tube, but now that I see what you are doing, I understand.
Well...maybe we do need to keep the old shorter slanted caps around as an option:)
I'll make sure yours gets the original.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
The 22mm Cartomator VX will be on the website for preorder Saturday at 5pm EST. It is a preorder status only because we don't want to be overwhelmed with order fulfillment. They will all ship starting this Wednesday 5/15 and will all be out by Friday. I should have some pics up this evening.

The VX will be our first tank to offer the Top Cap Fill-Port as an option!

Also I want to roll-out a Killer compatible version at the same time. It may take a day or two longer to get the modifications done on those.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
When are they shipping? I have one ordered.

Here's what shipping is looking like as of now...orders for the VX with no fill-ports will probably start to ship today. Units with fill-ports will start to go out tomorrow and Friday. I realized that I goofed and didn't put an Airflow bottom cap in the option list and since the cap is a much bigger flat surface than a 19mm, it really needs one with flat top mods. So if you ordered and you would like your bottom cap to be an Airflow, let me know and we'll do the upgrade for free on current VXorders and all new VX orders until midnight tonight.
The KVX (Killer 705 VX) will be available tomorrow and ship Friday. Pics will be out early tomorrow to show the changes made to accommodate the Killer.

OtherJake

Apr 29, 2013
United States
cuseguy:9530616 said:
When are they shipping? I have one ordered.

Here's what shipping is looking like as of now...orders for the VX with no fill-ports will probably start to ship today. Units with fill-ports will start to go out tomorrow and Friday. I realized that I goofed and didn't put an Airflow bottom cap in the option list and since the cap is a much bigger flat surface than a 19mm, it really needs one with flat top mods. So if you ordered and you would like your bottom cap to be an Airflow, let me know and we'll do the upgrade for free on current VXorders and all new VX orders until midnight tonight.
The KVX (Killer 705 VX) will be available tomorrow and ship Friday. Pics will be out early tomorrow to show the changes made to accommodate the Killer.

I was wondering about the airflow option. Can you add it my order 1915?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread