Huge and Thick cloud of Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtbagblz

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
sacramento, ca
i have been vaping for almost 3 months and have spent around $700 on liquids , PV, RBA, RDA, etc. And in my quest of looking for the best cloud of holy goodness i have discovered the nimbus RDA. it cost around $60 and the air holes need to be drilled out bigger to around 1/16, but this bad boy got me kicked out of a bar for the sheer presence of clouds i was applying to the establishment.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
You don't need huge and thick clouds o' vapor. This is a theatrical trick posed by vapor charlatans that include some of the biggest names in "video vapor reviews." Ordinary ex-smokers of 40 years get by just fine without the huge clouds o' vapor. If you want to look at the huge clouds o' vapor charlatans then look at people who inhale with huge lung capacity, often indicated by barrel chested individuals. Who gives a crap? High VG concentrations increases visible vapor on the exhale, so does large lung capacity. Grow up, there are a lot of carnival acts out there.

Last edited:

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
You don't need huge and thick clouds o' vapor. This is a theatrical trick posed by vapor charlatans that include some of the biggest names in "video vapor reviews." Ordinary ex-smokers of 40 years get by just fine without the huge clouds o' vapor. If you want to look at the huge clouds o' vapor charlatans then look at people who inhale with huge lung capacity, often indicated by barrel chested individuals. Who gives a crap? High VG concentrations increases visible vapor on the exhale, so does large lung capacity. Grow up, there are a lot of carnival acts out there.

I have awesome lungs and I only utilize SmokTech Super Shorty Carto's at 2.0ohm w/90%+ VG juice running on a single Panasonic CGR Hybrid 3.7v battery in my Original Precise 18650 and I get more than enough clouds. These lil less than $2 cartos+Battery+my lungs equals to rather nice clouds, I've also was able to fog out a large 3 bedroom apartment with just an io6 at 1.5ohm and a 3.7v battery...the smoke detectors went off and the fire department rushed over while I didn't know it was due to my lung power.

This 3 bedroom apartment was roughly 700 square feet, yea I destroyed the io6 simply buy taking rather longer drags than normal but was able to perform as in clouds as some sub ohm setups...yes I know with some setups you don't need to take longer drags but either way I mimicked those low ohm setups with lr atties that only cost $1.59-$7.

Hype will distract you from the pure enjoyment and rewarding benefits of simply vaping, going for the lowest sub-ohms and clouds can become dangerous and costly in more ways than one. This isn't bout who has the most expensive and rare Tier 1 devices, lowest possible sub-ohms, more than 12 coils, largest clouds, thickest clouds, and the like...Vaping is supposed to be a "safer" alternative and the Vaping Community is supposed to be bout aiding each other with rational, logical, factual, and reasonable information on Vaping.

Rant//

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
  • Deleted by Caridwen

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
Gawd, I just hit my Sigelei Telescopic and got a huge plume of thick dense vapor. Who cares, and who can judge? What work for you at the time works for you. Get a grip. I was just as happy a year ago with my E-Power 14650. Whats next, a theatrical fog machine?

Seems like I see a lot of judging going on for people who want big clouds. People vape how they want to vape.

For the OP, for most big cloud setups I usually see dual coil, sub ohm setups with big holes in the top cap. Usually 2-3 mm. Also high VG juice. You don't have to get an expensive RDA for this. I setup my IGO-L with dual coils and 1/16 holes on each side and it made big clouds like my Nimbus. If you go too big you lose flavor, but if you're chasing clouds I don't know if that matters.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
i can fog up a room with a sr joye 510 debridged atty. you dont have to spend hundreds on a genny setup, altho i do want one :)
Exactly. You can fog up room with an eGo type PV or maybe not. Maybe you need a Sigelei or a Provari to do this. Either way, you don't need to fog up anything to get the nicotine you need to get off cigarettes (analogs!!!) and that's what I'm looking for. Maybe you don't smoke and you just want to do nicotine because you don't want to try something else, that's not my issue.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I could try vaping straight Glycerin USP and a little H2O, but I'm not there yet. Whatever works. I like 18mg nic., 2.5 ml a day. Talk about big holes in the carto... I use four big holes punched into the bottom of a Smoktech 2.0 ohm XL carto with a Siam Mods carto punch. Works good to up to two weeks and 30ml+ for me. No flooding.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Seems like I see a lot of judging going on for people who want big clouds. People vape how they want to vape.

For the OP, for most big cloud setups I usually see dual coil, sub ohm setups with big holes in the top cap. Usually 2-3 mm. Also high VG juice. You don't have to get an expensive RDA for this. I setup my IGO-L with dual coils and 1/16 holes on each side and it made big clouds like my Nimbus. If you go too big you lose flavor, but if you're chasing clouds I don't know if that matters.

Argument and judgement aside...

You lungs are for air/co2 exchange.
Big clouds = lots of vapor = lots of coating your lungs. Even though e-cigs are safer...IDK how bad it gets with 12 coils and such. Certainly nothing I'd do all day long if I checked into it. 2 coils are common. But the SLR multi-coil (4 8 12) setups could be trouble....

Don't over-coat your lungs and block the air exchange. O2 deprivation will kill you faster than cloud deprivation....just say'n.

e-cigs already produce more "vapor" than cigs produce smoke. So....use common sense!

Also, the videos don't teach electronics and how to not blow your teeth out with venting batteries. So make sure you understand the electronics and have a multi-meter if you get anywhere near the SLR stuff. It's not for newbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread