How to make 2 ohm resistance coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
I use 7/6 wraps and get 2.5ohm with 32 kanthal, this coil I am using right now I used 6/5 and it is at 2.1ohm. I also use a machine screw to coil it so mine would probably be tighter wraps than most, but I am guessing it would be about the same if you do it by hand. I wrap it around the screw 6 times, but then one wire I unwrap a little to get more wire for the lead, so it is 5 whole wraps, and 2 half wraps, which is 6 basically. I am pretty sure that is what everyone means when they say 6/5 or 7/6 or whatever lol. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Another way to look at it, if you use 2 inches of 32 kanthal, you would get 2.4 ohm, 32 awg kanthal is 1.2ohm per inch, so if you measure out exactly 2 inches and use it to make a coil, you should get 2.4, but in reality there will probably be some variation since you need to cut some or whatever to make the positive and negative leads...but you should still get around 2.4ohm with 2 inches, +- .2ohms or something. Maybe cut it a litttle bit larger than 2 inches to account for the part you need to cut off to make the leads.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
5 wraps gets me 1.9 ohms with 32 kanthal over peaches and cream so I suspect 6 or 7 wraps would get er done.

OK. I was mildly amused before wondering how many ohms people were getting per wrap.

Then you added "peaches and cream".

What happens with key lime pie? Does it increase the ohms?

:confused:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
OK. I was mildly amused before wondering how many ohms people were getting per wrap.

Then you added "peaches and cream".

What happens with key lime pie? Does it increase the ohms?

:confused:
LOL Peaches and cream being a cotton yarn I use for wicking. Key lime might be messy!

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
key-lime-pie_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread