ideal wick thickness for chain vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi guys, I'm about to roll a new wick in an hour or so and wanted to get an idea on the ideal wick thickness for chain vaping.

is thickest the best? I could roll a wick up to 3 mm thick on my drilled aga-t and still leave some air air it for the liquid to flow (used a 1/8" drill = 3.18 mm)

I STRONGLY prefer the quick hit (simulating a cigarette) way better than the pipe, long pulls others prefers

Any input here? I'm thinking right now on building a 2 to 2.5 mm with a 1 mm or so whole inside.

thanks!

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
I vape therefore I am.

Meaning I vape about every waking moment. I have found a single cotton or bamboo wick 1.5mm, 2 at the most, will provide a good thorough throater with enough airspace in the device for good volume as well.

Keep it wet, keep the wattage up also and you should be a happy camper :)

Too thick just seems to stifle the vape, it looks cool but is not functional.

Vape on :D

ussr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
nbcb
Packed thick about 2mm would suffice I feel. I usually pack it till its sitting just nicely on the wick hole.
If you remove the neg post on the aga u can make a u wick. It's gonna help.

What I'll do is pack another mesh just to sit on the filler hole to prevent excessive leakage. But enough to let it breath.

The vaping tilt is also important. Keep the wick short it's gonna help with flavor.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
@Gr8, been doing cotton (and SS) on Phoenix attys, they are to this day the BEST vape I have had to date

still, I need some info regarding SS wicks

Honestly, I haven't messed with SS at all, yet. And really, I have no plans to do so, so I am clueless :confused:

With DIY ( and some pending NET fluid with tobacco leaf), all this rebuildable stuff, and harvesting 18650s from battery packs for other projects.....well I am staying active LOL.

You ought to try bamboo if you are liking the cotton, it's flavor neutral which is really nice.

I roll solid #500 wicks, just slightly smaller than the wick hole... and I leave the fill screw in. I can chain vape until the cap is almost too hot to touch.

Gotta respect hardcore vaping :D :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread