How to make e juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milano

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Long Island, N.Y.
I am curious, How does one go about making their own ejuice, What is used to get the "flavor"?

you can actually buy flavorings for e-liquid from different sources. the art is in mixing how much flavor with how much pg/vg etc (I believe)

haven't studied it too much myself.

And then of course I guess you can make your own flavors... but seems easiest to try mixing before totally "creating" if ya know what I mean.

I've not watched many videos on the subject, but here is one for you to look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu44ggMzJPw

Sebsabal

Jan 20, 2010
Florida
you can actually buy flavorings for e-liquid from different sources. the art is in mixing how much flavor with how much pg/vg etc (I believe)

haven't studied it too much myself.

And then of course I guess you can make your own flavors... but seems easiest to try mixing before totally "creating" if ya know what I mean.

I've not watched many videos on the subject, but here is one for you to look at:

Thank you, Milano, I will take a look at the video.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
That was the vid that got me into DIY, so great choice! All my juices are DIY, and I use a syringe for dispensing the various liquids, mixing, and injecting into my cart. Scubabatdan's ejuice calculator (sticky post in DIY forum), is invaluable in accurately making juices. I wold start flavors low, like 10%, and then add more if you need to. Good luck! DIY is really fun! :thumbs:

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
Here's my recipe if you ever run out of juice and your sitting there waiting for the mailman.. But i'm sure everyone has enough juice for 4 people to last a month lol. It won't have a strong flavour, but the vape will be THICK; you can choose to have a smooth or throat hit vapour.

Cost can be from $5 to $30

~$3.30 100mL of Glycerine (food grade, found in health shops. You can use Vegi Glycerine or just plain Glycerine - used for cake and icing)
~$1.00 Almond Essence - 50mL Other flavours won't work and taste like burning sugar. You can use coconut aswell.. But make sure they're not OIL.. They need to be soluable so they can mix with :

---OPTION---
You can either use Distilled water (if you don't want to buy this, you can make it at home: get your kettle to boil, hold a cup upside down on the nozzle of the kettle, have the evaporated water condensate and catch the drops into a container. I hold the boil button for only 15-20 seconds so I don't destroy my thermo in the kettle.)
OR
(cost depends where you live) Vodka. Vodka gives a throat hit, where distilled water is a smooth vape.

You need empty bottles/container and a measuring device such as a 1mL syringe (50c from the chemist)

I make batches of 4mL that can last up from 2 to 4+ days of heavy vaping.

You can either mix it by -
2mL Glycerine + 2mL of Distilled water + ONE (1) drop of Almond essence. This will give a smooth vape

2mL Glycerine + 2mL of Vodka + ONE (1) drop of Almond essence. Throat hit.

2mL Glycerine + 1mL of distilled water + 1mL of Vodka + ONE drop of Almond Essence. Smooth but with a slight throat hit.

You can try with 2 drops of Almond if you can't taste anything.. BUT MAKE SURE YOU STIR the contents well before use. You can use the syringe or put the juice into a drop bottle.

ALSO I changed my wool / poly cartridge with a lipton tea bag. You can do this by emptying a teabag > fold the teabag in 1/2 > roll it up > insert into the cart > cut off excess to measure. Tea bags are safer to use than the poly or wool stock cartridges. You will have a smoother, longer cart without the burning taste of poly / wool.

Hope this helps :)

-Jai

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-I want a trap that throws bears at people. I'll call it a bear trap. I know it sounds misleading, but it sounds cool and I want to see the look on the person's face when they set it off..

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
there is a few things.. there is the loranns, fairies finest, few other places the loranns is the easiest to find at local stores, only thing is you can usually only find the common flavors unless you order online.

as far as mixing calculator it is more to get it to the mg of nic that you want.. if you start with 48mg unflavored and want 24mg flavored half 48mg - then to taste the other half glycerin and flavoring

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I use the calculator spreadsheet to decide %s of all components, nic, flavor, added distilled water, added VG, using the nic level of the nigh-nic unflavored I'm going to dilute. It gives me mL of each component corresponding to those decided %s, which I draw out from each component source bottle with a syringe which allows me to see volumes of each. Then either shake it up in the syringe and add to a cart, or squirt the whole volume of juice into a dropper bottle. For me this is fast, easy, safe (never touch a liquid), and accurate. If it needs more flavor, a few drops more usually does the trick, and doesn't change relative %s a lot. But then everyone has their own way of doing DIY, and there are lots of other methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread