Blinking blue light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzal

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Singapore
Hi All ,

Need your help on this issue. My Ego has this weird problem today. When i press the blue button to start vaping , it blinks for a few times then stops...It doesnt fires up the juice...no smoke is coming when i vape...

I thought it was the battery issue , so i charged it for a couple of hours and try...Still no luck

When i detached the top part ( the one that contains the juice ) and just leave the battery and press the blue button , it will continue to light up until i let go...

My apologies in advance i dont get the part name right...

SpiritBear

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Maricopa Co, Arizona, USA
To turn an eGo on, you press the blue button 5 times fairly quickly -- the button will then blink blue 3 or 4 times. To turn it off, you again press the button 5 times fairly quickly, and again the button will blink blue 3 or 4 times. Is it possible that when you thought you were turning it on, you actually turned it off?

Sorry if you already tried this -- I'm still pretty new myself and it this doesn't work, hopefully someone will come along who has a better idea!

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
Hi All ,

Need your help on this issue. My Ego has this weird problem today. When i press the blue button to start vaping , it blinks for a few times then stops...It doesnt fires up the juice...no smoke is coming when i vape...

I thought it was the battery issue , so i charged it for a couple of hours and try...Still no luck

When i detached the top part ( the one that contains the juice ) and just leave the battery and press the blue button , it will continue to light up until i let go...

My apologies in advance i dont get the part name right...

This actually just happened to me. Take the tank off the battery and take a q-tip to clean both the battery head (gently) and the underside of the tank.There is a little pin/gold pad inside the battery you can see, clean that off. Liquid and moisture get down in there and cause a short, which is why it blinks. The blinking means its self protection mode has been activated. If that doesnt fix it, your tank may be clogged causing airflow issues, which can also overheat the battery. You should always clean your battery heads, as well as the charger part where the battery connects. It really prolongs the life of your equipment.

Lorenzal

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Singapore
Hi All , thank you for the nice suggestions...after much googling , lifting out the battery and pulling that pin out it still does not work...

I found out the charger was the faulty one! It keeps showing Green LED but and wont charge..i borrowed another charger and yes it is showing red and in a few hours i was vaping again...

Thank you all again for the great help and advise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread