Digital Cartomizer / Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyM

May 1, 2013
Lapeer, MI, USA
cartomizer-and-atomizer-ohm-meter.jpg
I am looking to pick up one of these meters, but I can't seem to find anybody that has them in stock.
Does anybody know of a place that has them in stock right now?
I do have a multimeter, but I wanted to get one of these because it looks more convenient. :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
buy a connector at madvapes, solder two wires onto it and use the multimeter. Save $$$$ for vaping stuffis.

:2c:

OR...if that gadget is more than $____ then just pick up an extra multi-meter at MV and a connector. Then you can read continuity too, and if you rig up an adapter, check amps, and volts, etc. Unless that gadget does all that already........

When low end multimeters are $10.00 or whatever, it's hard to justify a uni-tasker, IMO.

Last edited:

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just found out that the EVIC I'm waiting on can be used as a ohm meter - so I didn't get one - but yeah, I got that email about them being in stock - I bet they're sold out already, lol.

Not to be a buttinski, here, but I thought that about my Provari, too. It works just fine as long as the ohms are @1.2 or higher, but it's not much help when I'm wrapping a coil to use on a mechanical and need to make sure I'm not gonna 'splode or anything. I don't do the super sub-ohm thing (not intentionally, anyway :)), but I do aim for 1.1 to 1.2. At that resistance level, all I get on the Provari is an error code, so I don't know if I'm in the sweet spot or the red zone :). If you're not using an RBA, or if you're just more adept at wrapping a coil than I am (most people are), the Evic meter should be all you need. Just depends on what you're metering and why.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i'm going crazy looking for one, too! they can check the resistance of the carto/atty without burning the coil, which is great if you're like me and have a pile of cartos and don't know the resistance...and also, if you want to test your own wraps. it's the most hard to find $20 accessory in the vaping world, it would seem. if anybody can find it, please let me know!
thanks!

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
This is becoming a unicorn search. Every vendor I have contacted says they go as fast as they get them stocked. My eyes are open all over the place, but still no luck. I have seen a few how to's on the forum for making one, but it's doubtful I can pull that off. It seems like such an essential tool. I have so many cartos laying around that I have no idea what resistance they are, and now that I am starting to learn about coil building, this 20 dollar thing is even more important to have. Please let me know if you all see one out there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread