Status
Not open for further replies.

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
Alright. Now what? (For some reason I can't hit enter and move to the next line) Anyway. I can't wait to wrap my first coil ever. A little timid. A little scared. I'm going to follow the video on the reo site and the pics on this forum. But, should I try it out on my provari first to see the ohm's or just run with it? I have 32g kanthal and 2.5 wick from Reo. Thanks in advance!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Alright. Now what? (For some reason I can't hit enter and move to the next line) Anyway. I can't wait to wrap my first coil ever. A little timid. A little scared. I'm going to follow the video on the reo site and the pics on this forum. But, should I try it out on my provari first to see the ohm's or just run with it? I have 32g kanthal and 2.5 wick from Reo. Thanks in advance!

Bro that is an awesome feeling ain't it! Congrats. Welcome to vaping at its finest :)

tpedwards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2013
Australia
Cograts, I just recieved my reo grand and reomizer today also. Wrapped my coil with 32 gauge as well only difference is that I used cotton ball for wick. It too was my first time and it probably took me 10 minutes. Easy job, came out at 2ohms on provari. And it vapes fantastically.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
congratulations_comment_25-fcc9bb153b68d30f2f048c85955cc022.jpg

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
It's easy peasy. It's as easy as the video makes it look. And it's the best vape in the world. Yes....I'd check the ohms on the Provari first....just to be safe. This thread is awsome, too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/413000-rm2-rba-2-0-reomizer-2-rebuild-tutorial.html

Have fun.

Thanks for the encouragement. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be...

Five times around... 1.9 on the Provari scale!

Amazing difference in taste. Almost too smooth. :)

Now if only the Pictures were available on Super_X's thread. I need to try again real soon and get around 1.5. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get there?

- Next mission is rebuilding a ProTank. Muhahaha..

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
What gauge wire does everyone use? I have a spool of 32. Is it possible to do the micro wrap with 32 and stay under 2ohm?

I use twisted 32 gauge kanthal on my Grand's RBA. I also used a paperclip in my cordless drill's chuck. (leave one end looped to hold the wire)

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
I use twisted 32 gauge kanthal on my Grand's RBA. I also used a paperclip in my cordless drill's chuck. (leave one end looped to hold the wire)

Hmph. So by twisting I'll be able to coil tighter and get a lower resistance...(not sure I stated that properly) Neat! Where is my drill anyway?

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
What gauge wire does everyone use? I have a spool of 32. Is it possible to do the micro wrap with 32 and stay under 2ohm?

Yes, it is. I do this all the time with 32g. Wrap on something small like a paperclip. Maybe 5/6 or 7/8 wraps and that should keep you under 2.0.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That's what I use all the time - 32 gauge, and I wrap on the end of a little bitty screwdriver. I always use about 5-6 wraps and get a coil that's around 1.2 - 1.5 ohms. Then I slide my cotton embroidery thread (usually) or my organic cotton ball "string" through the coil, saturate it, and voila!! vaping nirvana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread