Alcohol in e-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
From what I understand it increases the throat hit.

but it is a very small amount. I haven't tried it yet but I do have a few low nic eliquids that I may adjust a bit.

That's all I know of it. Now this next part is just my opinion. I think the alcohol doesn't make it to the lungs. It is absorbed, like the nicotine, in the mouth/throat. Like I said, my opinion. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will correct me. :)

I can say that it does seem to increase throat hit, but my problem would be with milder flavored juices, such as butterscotch. It's not too noticeable in my strawberry lemonade, but I can definitely taste the alcohol in the butterscotch. Would the alcohol degrade the polyfill in a cartomizer? I'm not that savvy with chemical effects.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Alcohol is used often in eliquids--to dilute 100% VG (alcohol or distilled water works best) or to add flavor and TH. Some flavoring concentrates are alcohol based. I hate boozy ejuices, so when I detect alcohol, I leave the bottle open for a while in hope that the alcohol will evaporate. Those are minuscule amounts, though. I wouldn't worry about polyfill--cartomizers are disposable anyway. Besides, those who like to clean their cartos often soak them in vodka (for the record, I don't clean cartomizers myself--just throw them out after they have vaporized ~10 ml of ejuice, more if they are used in a tank).

Happy2beMe

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
South Florida, USA
Alcohol is used often in eliquids--to dilute 100% VG (alcohol or distilled water works best) or to add flavor and TH. Some flavoring concentrates are alcohol based. I hate boozy ejuices, so when I detect alcohol, I leave the bottle open for a while in hope that the alcohol will evaporate. Those are minuscule amounts, though. I wouldn't worry about polyfill--cartomizers are disposable anyway. Besides, those who like to clean their cartos often soak them in vodka (for the record, I don't clean cartomizers myself--just throw them out after they have vaporized ~10 ml of ejuice, more if they are used in a tank).

I agree. boozing the liquid just kills the flavor. I do the same thing actually, if I smell the alcohol is strong just let it sit a while open cap and let it evaporate. water is best but I recommend ordering a flavor shot or 2 in a liquid you need to thin. The alcohol definitely won't hurt your device but it will give a much harsher throat hit (I don't like). It won't get in your lungs because like when used in cooking, it looses it's properties once heated past a certain temp. that's why it's impossible to get drunk from vaping alcohol or eating pasta w/vodka sauce.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I agree. boozing the liquid just kills the flavor. I do the same thing actually, if I smell the alcohol is strong just let it sit a while open cap and let it evaporate. water is best but I recommend ordering a flavor shot or 2 in a liquid you need to thin. The alcohol definitely won't hurt your device but it will give a much harsher throat hit (I don't like). It won't get in your lungs because like when used in cooking, it looses it's properties once heated past a certain temp. that's why it's impossible to get drunk from vaping alcohol or eating pasta w/vodka sauce.

don't laugh if i am wrong but if i put my liquid in a super hot bowl of water (a small amount of water, maybe comes up half way) and leave lid off- will the alcohol evaporate faster? i did this with my classic tobacco and love the way it tastes now! any info is appreciated, ive only been vaping for a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread