Smoktech RSST and a (insert mechanical mod here)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
The RSST is a dead on 22mm Genny. Most all high end mech. mods have settled on 22mm diameter. Hence the 18650 batteries are 18mm and the mod exterior is 22mm. It depends on how much you want to spend on the mod. The smoktek Natural is 22mm and so are many other cheaper China mods and many high end also. You'll need to decide between a mechanical mod, no wires and can use very low 0hm wraps or a regulated mod with a dna20 fir instance. Good luck, daze

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
looks good on a smoktech natural

20130523_235014.jpg

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
If i was to use an RSST on a Provari what gauge Kanthral would be required and how many coils needed for about 2ohms ?

I am concidering the leap into RBA's and the local b&m sell the RSST.

Please accept my appologies if i have hijacked the thread,

I thought it pointless to start a new one seeing as you are on the subject of RSST's.

VapeDentist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
NJ
If i was to use an RSST on a Provari what gauge Kanthral would be required and how many coils needed for about 2ohms ?

I am concidering the leap into RBA's and the local b&m sell the RSST.

Please accept my appologies if i have hijacked the thread,

I thought it pointless to start a new one seeing as you are on the subject of RSST's.

No hijack, it's all good - I tried different wraps on the povari and other regulated devices - I'm at the point where I'm convinced to not even mess and just get a mechanical. The higher the gauge and wraps the more resistance. You will get an error on the provari below 1.5 ohms. There are people that know a lot more about this than me on Ecf.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Andy may i ask you, what wraps etc to use on the ProVari ?

What kind of wire and wick setup are u using on the provari?

Certainly.

Vari's are actually far more forgiving on LR stuff than most people give them credit for. I have regularly gotten away with .8 ohm set at 3.0 volts but even then to be honest it is down to the wick and how oxydised it is. Most of my wicks are light fired or oxydised with a mech, mostly a mech.

The set up pictured above is well actually not a mesh set up but a silica one. Doubled 3mm silica, pin then 4 wraps of 32 AWG giving me 1.6 ohms. Attach kanthal with the pin in place then remove the pin before firing and away you go.

My coils can be anywhere from .7 to 2 ohms depending on the liquid I am or want to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread