Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
In the beginning it is more expensive, for a short period of time.

That period of time becomes longer as you try to find the right juice and nicotine strength.
That period of time becomes longer if you start messing with different models.
That period of time becomes longer if you start looking at mods.

That period of time becomes MUCH longer if you start stocking up.

If you are satisfied with something that works, once you find it, then it is way cheaper than smoking.
Because ongoing costs to keep you rolling are MUCH cheaper than smoking.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
After 6 months of vaping we're staying $500-$600 pretty consistently under what we would have spent on analogs. It's been that way for a while now.
Like everyone says, the first month or two will make you doubt you're ever going to save money vaping. It balances out. At least it's worked that way for us.

Elapid

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Mississippi
Even with buying a battery mod about every two months it's still cheaper. At $50 to $60 a carton which last one week at best, look at what you can get in PV's and supplies with that money and how long they will last. Granted I have spent a little over $2k in the last 6 months, but I have more than enough supplies to go for something like 2 years for both me and the wife. Cigarettes costing me over $350 a month, a modest figure, would be $8,400 in two years less the 2k I spent makes the savings at over $6,000 in two years! My cost for vaping wouldn't be as high as it is if I didn't think I have to collect battery mods like I do.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
At first it cost much more than smoking; especially because you want to try everything and find the e-cig that suits you the best. I have purchased many different e-cigs, and have at least a year supply of juice, cartomizers, and batteries. Calculating the cost of smoking over a year compared to my year worth of vaping supplies; vaping cost me between 20%-30% of what I would have spent on cigarettes.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
It used to cost me $13 (usd) a day to smoke, now it cost me about $8.50 a week to vape.

You'll be buying a new Mercedes with your savings soon at that rate :D

My savings aren't that dramatic, but I have reduced my cost by about 50%. And if I start mixing my own juices, it's go down a lot more.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
The purchase of my starter kit and juice cost approx. twice my average cost of analogs for 1 week. Since that purchase, I've only spent my weekly analog cost of $25 (I was a RYO guy for 10 yrs) and in 1 months time, I have enough supplies and juice to last me quite a while. I'm now planning on placing orders every other week until I'm overwhelmed with stuff. Then the "real" saving will begin.

As long as juice doesn't end up taxes like analogs, it will remain to be a serious cost reduction.

Fishman7

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
FT. LAUDERDALE FL
does it even matter if it cost more most of us dont look at this for a cost or savings

its health i cant put a price on that
ive spent a whole lot more on this vs analogs but im not sucking in all the tar ,carcinogens sp? and less likely to get cancer

but i do own a mass of mods and supplies now
2- prodigys
1- protege
1 BB
1 X haler
1- BB

damn i had to build a battery charging rack lol

its worth the extra money to me

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I voted "a little less" but that is a long-term thought. So far it has been considerably more expensive, and probably will be for a bit. But then, I smoked fairly cheaply (stuffed my own), and I am seriously stocking up, because I don't want to go back again.

In the long term, I do expect to safe money. Probably quite a bit, compared, but as I said - I spent fairly little to begin with. Like around 25 Euros a week, maybe 30, that's around 18-20$ I believe. So obviously, even a 510 starter kit sets me back. Lasts longer, though.

Much cheaper. Im already feeling that after a few days. I bought my stuff on my credit card, and I buy cigs with pocket money. I'm really enjoying Whiskey and 555 juices right now, and probably wont switch for a while. But with a week only vaping, I have had more pocket money then I have had in a LONG time. Havent spent a dime of it really since pay day. :D I figure in about two weeks at most all the stuff I bought will technically be 'payed off' in sense. Then it will be time to buy some new attys, batts, and a few packs of samples :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread