LorAnn flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
Hi all,
Been a couple of weeks since I've visited, work got busy, life, etc.. Still vaping, and still DIY'ing. Haven't played chemist lately though, been just mixing as needed a recipe that's become my ADV. Anyways, I've really found that I prefer LA to TPA/TFA, and have bought mostly LA concentrates.. but finding recipes that include the flavors I have has been difficult. I think I have a knack for buying a lot of things that don't go together. The few threads I've found for LA exclusively start with someone asking about LA, then everyone responds how much they like TPA/TFA better. Please don't turn this one into that-

Anyways.. I've read somewhere that the bubble gum flavor was delicious, so I have that one. I tried it out at 10%, but it lacked flavor, so I remixed to 20% (most single LA flavors I mix at 20-23% where my personal sweet spot seems to be). I get the flavor at the 20%, but it's rather harsh, biting, and produces very little vapor. It's been sitting in a corner steeping for weeks, tried it again, same thing. Any suggestions on that one?

Secondly, as far as flavors go, of the ones I list below, which would you say make good stand alone vapes, or which would you think I should mix together? Note, all are LA flavors unless otherwise noted.

Blueberry
Coconut
Licorice
Butter Rum
Cherry
Bananna Creme
Bubble Gum
Cinnamon Spice (TFA)
Pineapple
County fair cotton candy (had same issue as bubble gum)
English Toffee
Apple
Butterscotch
Menthol and Clove (Pinkspot)

So far, I've done licorice, and have combined the pineapple, coconut, and butter rum for a great pina colada.. but that's about it.

bigbassbrent

ECF Veteran
20% sounds a little strong for LA but you didn’t mention what % your base liquid is so its hard to say what percent you should shoot for. 100% VG is going to require a lot more flavor than 100% PG. I use a 70PG/30VG mix and usually go around 10-14% for my LA flavors.

From you list, and assuming a 70/30 base, perhaps try Banana Creme (10%) with a light cherry (4%) might be good. Add 1 drop/ml of cotton candy as a sweetener. And instead of cherry you could probably use the Butter Rum or English Toffee in the same percent for some good combinations with the Banana Creme.

Last edited:

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
ah, forgot to clarify. I use 50/50 18mg base

I do all new mixes at 10% and raise as necessary. I've had the discussion about flavor percentages in other topics, but for some reason I don't really taste the flavor deeply until I generally hit the 20-23% point with most flavors. Others are obviously stronger. For instance, my pina colada recipe is 5% pineapple, 15% coconut, and 10% butter run.. I tried taking each down to equal 20% total, but then it just didn't taste as good or as robust.. I'm a flavor junkie I guess lol.. Also doesn't help that I have sinus issues.

I've also read that LA flavors are weak, but you will find there's claims on every brand of that same thing. I've gotten weak / ruined TFA flavors before, so we all have our biases. Doesn't help that more than a few resellers water them down when they repackage the flavors.. I plan to order direct from TPA and see- currently I get my stuff from wizard labs, and I love their LA stuff, but their TFA is just kind of "meh" to me.

Thanks for the recipe suggestions, I will give them a try later.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Hi all,
Been a couple of weeks since I've visited, work got busy, life, etc.. Still vaping, and still DIY'ing. Haven't played chemist lately though, been just mixing as needed a recipe that's become my ADV. Anyways, I've really found that I prefer LA to TPA/TFA, and have bought mostly LA concentrates.. but finding recipes that include the flavors I have has been difficult. I think I have a knack for buying a lot of things that don't go together. The few threads I've found for LA exclusively start with someone asking about LA, then everyone responds how much they like TPA/TFA better. Please don't turn this one into that-

Anyways.. I've read somewhere that the bubble gum flavor was delicious, so I have that one. I tried it out at 10%, but it lacked flavor, so I remixed to 20% (most single LA flavors I mix at 20-23% where my personal sweet spot seems to be). I get the flavor at the 20%, but it's rather harsh, biting, and produces very little vapor. It's been sitting in a corner steeping for weeks, tried it again, same thing. Any suggestions on that one?

Secondly, as far as flavors go, of the ones I list below, which would you say make good stand alone vapes, or which would you think I should mix together? Note, all are LA flavors unless otherwise noted.

Blueberry
Coconut
Licorice
Butter Rum
Cherry
Bananna Creme
Bubble Gum
Cinnamon Spice (TFA)
Pineapple
County fair cotton candy (had same issue as bubble gum)
English Toffee
Apple
Butterscotch
Menthol and Clove (Pinkspot)

So far, I've done licorice, and have combined the pineapple, coconut, and butter rum for a great pina colada.. but that's about it.

This looks interesting:

6% English Toffee
4% Butter Rum
4% Butter Scotch

No idea what to call it? "BAWDY MAMA?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread