The E-Pipe Juice Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
First let me say I have only been cig free / vaping for just over a month. (Love it, Feel lots better).

Second. I Love making things, so the modders forum is a great place to be.

And Thirdly, What you see hear has been thrown together just to see if it would work, It is a million miles away from being a respectable mod!!!!!!

All parts are based around the RN4081.

Carlos49 is a GOD and his idea to pump juice up through the atty is great.
I don't own a juicebox so this is my own version!

I took a 4081 battery dismantled it and cut the end connector of.
Took a 1" piece of 1 16th brass tube, sanded 5mm at one end of the tube to reduce its thickness, allowing its insertion into an atty.
Then soldered the tube into the battery positive hole with 5mm sticking out. See picture 1.
1.JPG

I also soldered the two battery wires.

The rear of the brass tube sticking out the back. To take the e-juice feed pipe. Picture 2.
2.JPG

Next with juice pipe added.
3.JPG

I have not done it yet but a small amount of silicone based glue would be required for a good tight seal.

Next I took a 5ml juice bottle from totally wicked uk. and made holes in the lid and inner cap.

4.JPG

Also fixing the rubber tube into the black cap with a silicone based glue would seal the bottle from leakage.

The Atomizer will screw on the battery cap as usual, but the brass pipe will be inserted into the atomizer.
5.JPG

I have obtained 4 x AAA 1000ma NIhd,
If added around the bottle of juice in cases the external measurement is only 40 x 40 x 60 mm. Approx.

6.JPG

I was dying to give it a try so I through it all together to see how good the vapor is.
7.JPG

A cardboard tube and a push switch, means I'm able to test.
OH YES WORKS LIKE A DREAM. 4.8v vaping I love it.

Something else i noticed.
If I cover the atty inlet airholes, doNOT activate the atty and suck once or twice, The Juice is drawn up the pipe to the atty. (Self dripping I love it).

The batteries are replaceable but why should I have to remove them to recharge them, or even build in a charging point.
Remember the attys collar is -ve so if I put a stud under the pipe bowl attached to the +ve and then built a charging stand it should work.

Your comments please.
Happy Vaping
Peter.................

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
That's sweet dude! I have been working on the same concept only with an 801. Just never have time to work on it. :(
It's like a JB with a replaceable atty.
Just refine the package a little and you might have a huge hit on your hands.
Shorten the tube and stick it in a project box with a 18650, and I'll buy one right now :)

How's the leakage/flooding factor with it?

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Please remember this is nowhere near a MOD not yet.
Flooding is not a problem. if I squeeze the juice bottle and half fill the atty, when the juice bottle re-inflates the excess juice returns into the bottle.
There should be NO internal leakage via the battery connector / Atty because the battery connector is fully sealed.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I would not say that it 'no where near a mod'. You are to humble.
You have a vapable device, that's a mod.
You also have all the pieces in place for the 'proof of concept'.
Going from where you are now to putting the whole thing in a project box is the easiest part of the entire process.
All you need is a $3 box from radioshack, an 18650 battery, shorter wires and tube and you are there...Right there with some of the most coveted devices on the forum.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Wow, nice design! So it sounds like there's not much of a learning curve in not flooding the atty, right?

Could you put the switch on the battery connector for more of an e-hookah design?

I'm sure the juice box fanbois will trash the design for using stock attys, but I'm wondering what difference in atty life this design would have.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Increasing the voltage on the 4081 atty, I'm sure would reduce its life.
But I read a recommendation on LibertyFlights uk, Ref the Copper using the RN4081 atty!

As I said previously Carlos49 is the JuiceBox God.
But I don't like spending money unless I must.
And NOT been able to replace the atty easily rules out his design. (FOR ME).
Using stock or generic atomizers was and is the backbone of my design.
5 x RN4081 = £19.99 about £4.00 each. Totally Wicked UK. Not a bad price.

Highping, suggested using the 18650 as my own juiceBox variation. And I now understand why. 3.7v 18650 2100ma would last all day.

I have been vaping 24mg Hilton in my 4081 supermini for 2 weeks or so, nice and smooth, but in the 4.8v mod it is mindblowingly strong.
I Do like the higher voltage vaping!!!!!

Peter

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Rick from atmosusa thinks the rn4081 is a robust little atty, but he has confided to me that he's leaning towards the 501. Your design hits the 5v 'sweet spot'. The 6v seems to be a bit much for even the 4081 atty, but my non hv 510 atty is standing up to my 5v xhaler just fine.

It seems to me you could put that inside a project box and have an atty replaceable version of the JB. Or have more choice in atty/battery combinations.

Nifty little design.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Just started working on the bowl of the pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH My, its massive. far far too big. Must re-think.

Could anyone out there with a dse601 or similar, post a pick with dimensions added.
Height, width of bowl, width of shaft at bowl etc etc.
I would be very greatful
Thanks
Peter

Last edited:

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Whoa!!! This is sweet!

So now we need a 4-peice PV. Cart tip, atty, juice cartridge, batt. The juice cartridge would have the electrical contacts in place to allow batt to att connection and the juice would be drawn up into the atty like you already have.

Reminds me of some of the old ink pens that had their own ink cartridges you could buy and replace.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Scottbee
You are right about the low pressure inlet.
And mixing with incoming air from side holes. but after air comes in juice can escape, if juice bottle is too slow to re-inflate sucking back excess juice. Posted this a few days ago. Without any response.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/64647-4081-atty-question.html
Because for this reason I wanted to block side-holes.
THNX
Petercro

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
The side air holes are very important to proper atomizer function. If you block them.. and try to get air from almost anywhere else (besides the bottom center hole).. the atty performance will be dismal.

What you need is a check valve with a very low cracking pressure (medical grade) that will stop the liquid from flowing back down into the bottle.

Or... hmmm.... there are other ways.... hmmmm...... ;)

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
I Want juice to flow back down into the bottle. I don't want it to flow out of the side hole.
After coating atomizer coil and wick, excess juice is pulled back into the bottle. Stopping flooding and conserving juice. but a little could flow out of the side hole. This is what I want to stop.
But because I will NOT MOD the atty, It must be out of the box, adding a check valve to the attys side hole is NOT a viable idea
Thanks though.
Would love to get air into the atty via the mouthpiece!!!!!!!

Oggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
Sabattus, ME, US
Not sure if this would work, just an idea. With the standard Atty and Cart you draw air from under the atty up the sides of the cart collecting vapor on the way. If you block the atty holes for no leakage. Take a round tip cart pop of the end and there is an air hole on each side. Block one side, then drill a hole in the side of the cart for airflow. This will let the air flow in and across the atty then out for vapor. Not sure if it would work but would be a simple easy cart mod so you dont have to change the atty much.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I Want juice to flow back down into the bottle. I don't want it to flow out of the side hole.
After coating atomizer coil and wick, excess juice is pulled back into the bottle. Stopping flooding and conserving juice. but a little could flow out of the side hole. This is what I want to stop.
But because I will NOT MOD the atty, It must be out of the box, adding a check valve to the attys side hole is NOT a viable idea
Thanks though.
Would love to get air into the atty via the mouthpiece!!!!!!!

Ahhh.. I see. You and I are looking at this a bit differently.

Gotchya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread