Tired of fake ego batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

baobeiiiii

May 29, 2013
China
hey,

I live in China, so I buy my vaping gear from Chinese vendors. I've gone through about 10 ego-t and ego-k batteries that i'm quite sure were 'fake'. They have the eGo-T logo on them, but... for example, does this look like a real ego battery to you? I doubt the genuine ego-t batteries have a button that changes color.

Is there anyone with an absolute genuine ego-t battery who can take a look and share their opinion? I'm using stardust ce6 clearomizers but these batteries keep giving me harsh dry hits and drain fast. They seem to be very unreliable. I also had an ego-k (auto battery) that melted the stardust. I woke up to find the plastic completely melted, unrecognizable... luckily i had left it on a glass table top overnight or it could have started a fire. I'm guessing the auto battery just fired up by itself until it drained itself of power.

Attachments

• T26i9gXeNbXXXXXXXX_!!255719918.jpg
    T26i9gXeNbXXXXXXXX_!!255719918.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 103
  • T238xsXXNNXXXXXXXX_!!255719918.jpg
    T238xsXXNNXXXXXXXX_!!255719918.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 80
  • T2IZyZXcXbXXXXXXXX_!!255719918.jpg
    T2IZyZXcXbXXXXXXXX_!!255719918.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

baobeiiiii

May 29, 2013
China
My suggestion is get a PV that uses standard batteries and you probably won't have these issues. A Vamo or Zmax are two that come to mind. And as Vapoor suggestioned, you could buy from Janty. Here are some web sites:

$51.42 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Home (Janty World)

Thanks for the recommendation. Is that like a cheaper provari? I'm tempted to get one for home use, especially if it is indeed free worldwide shipping. I'd have to connect my ce6 stardust to it though.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks for the recommendation. Is that like a cheaper provari? I'm tempted to get one for home use, especially if it is indeed free worldwide shipping. I'd have to connect my ce6 stardust to it though.

Provari is VV whereas the Vamo is also VW (variable watt). VW is basically "set & forget", because with VW, it automatically adjusts the power as the resistence changes in your atty/carto to maintain your original setting. The Vamo also comes with a 5 amp switch which allows you to use almost any atty/carto on the market unlike the much weaker 2.5 amp switch on the eGos.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

If ordering from Fasttech:
Discount Code CPASTE13SPRING for 5% discount

Here's a review. Note the V2 does not have the battery rattle

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
And this is exactly what I was talking about. There are no quality control rules in china for companies to follow, so you get fakes almost every time. Fakes arent the same quality as the real thing, no matter how you look at it. Im sorry you are getting ripped off! have you thought of ordering directly from the joytech website? This would ensure you are getting the real thing.

Its sad that they make all these fakes that get mixed in with the real ones, as it can be difficult to tell until they do something like yours, and melt your tanks (sheesh). A Girl at work got a purse she swore was a real designer bag, but it started falling apart and when I went on the actual companies website, they didnt even have a bag that looked like the one she had gotten.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
gonna get one :) Have been vaping for about a year, always ego. I think sometimes the harsh taste I get might be these batteries voltage dropping slowly etc. Any recommendations on what ato to attach to it? I've only used stardusts before (ego threaded).

Because the Vamo is variable voltage and variable wattage you can set it to VW and the Vamo will automatically read the ohms of the juice delivery device and adjust accordingly. I use the Vision brand Vivi Novas on my Vamo. Used Stardusts but found the quality was lacking. Using my Vivi for 10+ months. It's rebuilable which means you can disassemble and clean it. Heads are lasting 10 weeks+. Easy (10 secs) and cheap ($2.00) to replace the head. Make absolutely sure you order the Vision brand and not the knockoff. Fasttech unfortunately only sells the knockoff.
Here's the Vision Vivi- located in China and ECF listed company- comes with 3 heads:
Vivi Nova Tank Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable Long Wick)
Here's the extra heads:
5pc Coil Heads for Vivi Nova (Long Wick)
Here's a vid by PB

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
And this is exactly what I was talking about. There are no quality control rules in china for companies to follow, so you get fakes almost every time. Fakes arent the same quality as the real thing, no matter how you look at it. Im sorry you are getting ripped off! have you thought of ordering directly from the joytech website? This would ensure you are getting the real thing.

Its sad that they make all these fakes that get mixed in with the real ones, as it can be difficult to tell until they do something like yours, and melt your tanks (sheesh). A Girl at work got a purse she swore was a real designer bag, but it started falling apart and when I went on the actual companies website, they didnt even have a bag that looked like the one she had gotten.

Will you stop spreading your BS lies and prejudice? Where do you think Joye Tech is located?? From the Joye Tech web site:

"Joyetech factory was founded in Shenzhen China in December of 2007."

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
My suggestion is get a PV that uses standard batteries and you probably won't have these issues. A Vamo or Zmax are two that come to mind.

That, the std batteries, is one of my primary reasons for moving to a PV (not sure if the nomenclature is correct, but I think you know what I mean) from an eGo... The absolute best life I've gotten out of any eGo battery I've had (and I've had a bunch) is about 3 1/2 months... Now, granted, I vape a 'lot', but still -- 3 1/2 months?

So a few weeks ago I made the move and got a Vamo for myself and a mini-Lavatube for the wife since it's much lighter in weight and a bit smaller overall than the Vamo which she didn't care for... Now I've got standardized batteries that are far less expensive than the eGos and will, I hope, last a bit longer... But, if not, what's a replacement cost of around $3-$4 @ as opposed to $18-$20?

Also have a V8 Gripper coming and 2 mech mods -- all using the same batts... Simplicity is Golden... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread