Not open for further replies.

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
Hiya :)

Been using Vapor King for a few days and so far so good. However, I have a question about the exhale and what's in it. I have read it is primarily water vapor with trace chemicals. However...it certainly has more lingering power than any water vapor I have ever seen before. Then again....it certainly isn't smoke either. So what is it?

As you all know....as former smokers...everything you owned had a nice bronze patina including the walls. I am looking forward to getting new carpet and painting the walls to cover all the years of smoke...but wonder if there is a new residue I will be dealing with?

Thanks

BriDog67

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Wisconsin USA
I'm not sure and have been meaning to ask also if anyone has problems with film on their car windows. When I quit smoking I cleaned my car windows thoroughly and within a month they looked like they were fogging up a bit. I swiped my finger across the windshield and sure enough, that old familiar smoker film was back.

The car does smell much nicer though. Air fresheners seem to last forever now.

Milano

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Long Island, N.Y.
Borrowed this pic from the "Wonderful World of vaping" thread:

dondaboomvape-albums-pictures-used-posts-picture2596-smoke-vs-vapor-towel.jpg

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Since your nic juice is 65% pure water, regardless of the nic content, I'm not too worried about what's coming out. Whatever it is, it's nothing like what you're exhaling with analogs.

I wonder where you get the 65% water figure?
PG/VG are water soluble, but they aren't water.

Now, the vapor itself may have substantially more in it than the e-liquid, as vaporized pg/vg will draw water from the air, but I'm still not sure about the 65% figure :/

That being said, aside from the possible impurities found when a shady manufacturer uses the wrong grade, the only thing I'd worry about inhaling in the slightest is the flavorings, as they were not tested for being irritants when inhaled. They generally use flavorings that are safe for consumption, however, so that's a secondary concern. If you were really worried, you could just stick to pg with menthol crystals added and you'd be sure it was safe. ;)

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
Oh....I got moved to the health forum I see...

I am satisfied with the relative health aspects of e-smoke, but to get back to my original post: I am a painter by trade. Now in my business, we would never try to overpaint a heavily smoke-stained wall. It will bleed. We would first either wash it with Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) or pre-prime with a stain killer like KILZ. As I mentioned, the vapor lingers in the air longer than water vapor, but not nearly as long as actual smoke. So in matters of painting walls, I got curious about whether the vapor also has a residue effect....even if less than actual ciggie smoke. It's not a deal breaker or anything if it does, but just looking to learn as much as possible on this stuff.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I wonder where you get the 65% water figure?
PG/VG are water soluble, but they aren't water.

Now, the vapor itself may have substantially more in it than the e-liquid, as vaporized pg/vg will draw water from the air, but I'm still not sure about the 65% figure :/

That being said, aside from the possible impurities found when a shady manufacturer uses the wrong grade, the only thing I'd worry about inhaling in the slightest is the flavorings, as they were not tested for being irritants when inhaled. They generally use flavorings that are safe for consumption, however, so that's a secondary concern. If you were really worried, you could just stick to pg with menthol crystals added and you'd be sure it was safe. ;)

Got my figures wrong. 10% pure water, 65% pg or vg. Still I wouldn't worry about "second-hand" vape, would you?

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
I read the PG has a lower vaporization point which is why it produces nice vapor at lower temperature than water. Probably explains why it lingers longer in the air as well. And used in theatrical smoke machines.

Someone posted that their car window had a thin clear film from PG/VG I forget which and where the post went. Of course a thin film would collect small dirt particles or whatever if left on long enough. I'm too new to know whether the car windows build up a film quickly or slowly. But I do know regular analogs gunked up my windows quite quickly with a yellow tar slime.

I'll clean my windows sometime soon then see if and when a film collects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread