• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanger Protank leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesterBlack

May 5, 2013
SG
I leave it on its side most of the time when its not in use and am experiencing no leaks so far. I've even dropped it once but still doing good. Did you just fill up the tank with juice? Leave it to set for awhile. When i changed the coil to try out a different juice, i had the same noise. Im not too sure about why its leaking from the bottom though.. Only reason i can think of is maybe the bottom cap is not screwed into the tank tight enough.. Maybe the others can help..

kiryn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Pandora
I use the Protank on my epipe as my daily setup. So far I have not faced any leaking problems with it. The only time when there might be some spillage is after I fill the tank and don't clean up before capping back on.

Bubbly (sizzling?) sound is probably from the atomiser. No spillage when exhaling.

You might have a dud? Probably time to contact the vendor you got it from.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
any1 having any leaking issues with this tank when its left on its side?
makes that bubbly sound when i suck in.
when i blow out, the juice comes out from the bottom.

Did u lose the insulator cap? The one that u cap on top of the wicks.

Did u take off any wicks? If yes, advisable to leave at least 2 remaining, if not juice can leak out of the bottom.

Lastly, the juice u are using maybe too thin. Try using thicker juices.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
Nope the insulator cap is still there.
Removed 1 wick.
It happened with both my kangers.

Like leaving it in my pocket for like 15min or so and this happens.
It leaks from the bottom to the positive wire cap where the o ring is.

Don't think its the juice though.
First time I used it i didn't have any problem.

Maybe I'll try my coil heads with 3 wicks and see if this happens.

Vainkid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Stinkapore aka Sillypore
Maybe I'm wrong, try replacing with a thicker wick? Did u try to drain off the juice, reinstall the bottom holder and the head? For my understanding, the bottom holder attach to the coil head require to click on with a bit of force as there are air hole below which has chance to induce leaking.

Last edited:

Lan Jamz

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Second star to the right
I have a protank and it does leaks abit through the 510 connection as i had the top wick removed but nothing too major. I think you should try with 3 wicks instead. See if that helps
For the leakage around the kanger name, cant be you soo unlucky for you to get 2 defected items. Did you drop them by any chance?

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
Erm, maybe try rebuilding it? Replace with 3mm silica. I'm using it and it works even better than removing any of the originals. At the same time its thick enough to leave just a small little gap between the insulator and wick to allow juice to gather in. Better flavor, easier draws tons of vapor.

Never tried rebuilding so a bit scared to do so haha.
only vaping for about 5 weeks now.
maybe ill google and youtube a bit then decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread