How can I tell what is compatible with my E-Cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I have the kit in the picture below and I'm thinking ahead about where to buy my batteries when they need replaced. The manufacturer wants $34.95 for a new battery but I'm thinking I can get them much cheaper than that. The manufacturer (TECECIG) doesn't seem to want to disclose any specifications that would help me determine a possible alternative replacement battery.

The only information I could find about these batteries is that they are 2.6 volts.

When it's time for me to replace a battery, how can I determine which brand/type of batteries, if any, are compatible with the cartomizers and chargers that I already have?

Thanks.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
They may be 808s. Its a tricky one because Tececig say they sell 808s and 510s on their forum.

In this pic the cartomizer on the left is 510, the one on the right is 808.

Kanger horizontal coil cartomizers 510-808D-1.jpg

Do yours look like either of these?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks, kiwivap!

Yes, mine look like the one on the right. Does that mean that I simply need to look for 808D-1 batteries? Do I need to be concerned about the threads or is that what 808D-1 means?

That is what KR808d-1 means. That tells you what the threading is.

I suggest getting replacement parts and such at SmokelessImage.

The person i bought my first kit off was the same way. I asked about the thread type and voltage and they practically ignored my first few emails but keep it up eventually they will give you the answer. Also i told my company i would continue to buy the e-liquid off them as long as they told me the thread type. Ofc i didnt but it did get them to cough up the answers i needed pretty quick :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks, kiwivap!

Yes, mine look like the one on the right. Does that mean that I simply need to look for 808D-1 batteries? Do I need to be concerned about the threads or is that what 808D-1 means?

You could try some 808 cartos. Smokeless Image have them and Kanger make them too:
Kanger Cartomizers for 510 or 808

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
If you want a real good battery in 808 I recommend the volt from smokeless image. Unless your Ecig was made with some type of proprietary connection, which I hate when vendors do that, the volt should work fine on the pcc. View attachment 216414

This is what concerns me the most. I want to make sure I'm buying a compatible battery.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Yea, figured that. It's probably an 808 but figured I would show you the connections on the pcc just in case.

Ah yes, I see what you are getting at now. Mine looks almost the same except there is a hole in the middle on the charger and the battery. Looks proprietary to me but I'm not sure.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
SnowDog, I have a couple of very specific questions for you.

On the bottom of your cartomizer, are there 2-4 slots underneath the threads?
On the bottom of your cartomizer, on the center pin, is there a slot directly through the center of it?

If the answer to both of these questions is no, then you probably have an 808D-2 device. Companies like to offer their 808's in this thread-type because it is just sub-standard enough to cause compatibility issue with other devices. Their hope is to lock you in to only buying from them.

808D-1 and 808D-2 are actually the same thread-type, but the 808D-1 has longer/deeper threads. D-1 atomizers will fit on D-2 batteries, but they won't thread flush to the battery. Attempting to make them sit flush could ruin the center pin of your battery and/or atomizer.

There are adapters out there for making 808D-1 and 808D-2 devices compatible with each other, or even for 808D-2 to 510, in the event that is what TECECIG is selling. My gut thinks it's probably true.

Good luck.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
SnowDog, I have a couple of very specific questions for you.

On the bottom of your cartomizer, are there 2-4 slots underneath the threads?
On the bottom of your cartomizer, on the center pin, is there a slot directly through the center of it?

If the answer to both of these questions is no, then you probably have an 808D-2 device. Companies like to offer their 808's in this thread-type because it is just sub-standard enough to cause compatibility issue with other devices. Their hope is to lock you in to only buying from them.

808D-1 and 808D-2 are actually the same thread-type, but the 808D-1 has longer/deeper threads. D-1 atomizers will fit on D-2 batteries, but they won't thread flush to the battery. Attempting to make them sit flush could ruin the center pin of your battery and/or atomizer.

There are adapters out there for making 808D-1 and 808D-2 devices compatible with each other, or even for 808D-2 to 510, in the event that is what TECECIG is selling. My gut thinks it's probably true.

Good luck.

If I understand the questions correctly, the answer to both questions is yes. Would that mean that my cartomizers are universal and not proprietary?

I don't know if this is helpful in answering my questions but the pcc that came with my kit says "MODEL 808D/808D-1" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread