ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
heres a newer one at fasttech. seems liek the clones are coming out fastter than the originals lol!
$7.01 YK1 KTS Stainless Steel Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

heres another one, looks liek an improvement on the octopus, at least in terms of look anyway. this one might be the easiest to rebuild overall. i have the octo and its easy peasy.
$5.56 SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100 - red / 2.4
I have both them coming they look good especially for the money . I have 1x the first one and a 1 pink for my wife and 1 full silver of the second.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Ok, my cobra clone is here,, wow its beautifull,, nothing on the cheap look.. Is my first genesys style tank and i was to check the installed coil and blew up. Damit i have no wick and wir to build my first one.. So far i like the look, now i need some coil to test the vape
y8atyde7.jpg

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah k200 is almost 25mm , also kinda answered my own question. Gotvapes carries these,
http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1231
was 4 times the price, now on sale for double , lol. A review said it worked pretty good. I think I may try it for my first fast order. The mouthpiece is kinda like a protank. Fastech prices are awesome.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Ok, my cobra clone is here,, wow its beautifull,, nothing on the cheap look.. Is my first genesys style tank and i was to check the installed coil and blew up. Damit i have no wick and wir to build my first one.. So far i like the look, now i need some coil to test the vape
y8atyde7.jpg

mine arrived yesterday and, like yours my coil popped right away and I'm out of 32/34 gauge. should have some in a cou

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
y8atyde7.jpg

mine arrived yesterday and, like yours my coil popped right away and I'm out of 32/34 gauge. should have some in a couple days though and then we'll see how it is.... I think I'll be trying to drill out the wick hole, pretty small!

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
mine arrived yesterday and, like yours my coil popped right away and I'm out of 32/34 gauge. should have some in a couple days though and then we'll see how it is.... I think I'll be trying to drill out the wick hole, pretty small!

I just recived a 32g wire couple of days back, every single coil i build just popped out right away also, i just took the mesh and burned some more with my torch and like 3 times couples of drops and some fire, then my next coil stop popping out im still new on building coils but i manage to get one work at 1.9ohm is an airy draw but maybe is that im used to tighted draws on my devices,

Overall it vapes awesome as always that depend a lot on your build coil and i know i can get a much better coil, mine still changing resistance, happend a few time same coil reads 4ohm and and later .3 ohms.. Mmmm i think my next build im going to use a 3mm silica that i ordered with the khental.

bris1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
I just got one and am vaping on the stock coil now. measured 2.8 ohms which is ungodly high for me. Had to drill out the air hole a bit, but still not getting great vapor. I have it on ProVari mini to test and up to 5 volts so far and not very good vapor. I will most likely drill the air hole out to 1/8" and wrap a coil around .8 ohms and see how it vapes then. better quality than I expected for the price, though.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
ok, I have been using the bigger of the two DID clone's labeled as cobra.
skipping to the end, it vapes great, wicks great. no leaks.

now for the bad. I have found that it is all modular. bottom cap, middle tube, top cape and center pin. they all seem to always want to back out and come apart and of course juice all over the place. so i took it all apart cleaned the parts with alcohol. I got some loctite and coated the threadings and re assembled. Now it's not coming apart. so I suggest before any use, go out and get some loctite and coat the threads before you do anything else or you will just get mad later after installing the wick and coil and it all just comes apart on you. hope this helps.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
ok, I have been using the bigger of the two DID clone's labeled as cobra.
skipping to the end, it vapes great, wicks great. no leaks.

now for the bad. I have found that it is all modular. bottom cap, middle tube, top cape and center pin. they all seem to always want to back out and come apart and of course juice all over the place. so i took it all apart cleaned the parts with alcohol. I got some loctite and coated the threadings and re assembled. Now it's not coming apart. so I suggest before any use, go out and get some loctite and coat the threads before you do anything else or you will just get mad later after installing the wick and coil and it all just comes apart on you. hope this helps.

That is almost funny. As you were probably typing your post, I was tossing my clone in the garbage, for the same reason. I had a good coil, just checked it before filling the tank. But when I put the cap on, I was getting that burnt taste. Unscrewed the cap to check it, but ended up unscrewing the whole thing outta the base.
Drained the liquid and washed it up, but tried to unscrew the top of the coil and just couldn't get it loose.
Pulled out the wick for later, and dumped it. I bought two, so I still have one left, but its just too high maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread