Great Customer Service.....Horrible Product!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadianExotics

Jan 14, 2013
Portland OR
Eric is fabulous!!! This is one OUTSTANDING vendor....everything is handled professionally, and in a timely manner. There is no limit to how long I could go on about this vendor as a model for how others should run a business.

Sadly, the product does not reflect the same quality as the business ethic.

Got a couple samples to start, and I'm happy I did. The VS4 sounded like a great idea. I'm quite the RY4 connoisseur, so I ordered a sample of that as well. When I loaded up the juice (VS4), it smelled sooooo good, I couldn't wait to vape it!!!!

That smile on my face quickly diminished upon my first vape. The VS4 honestly tasted like a Werther's toffee freshly plucked from an ashtray!!!! In case anyone was wondering, I put a new wick and wrapped a new coil on a Genny for this experience, so I know the taste I was tasting was not from my equipment.

It is beyond me why some vendors put this ash-flavor in their liquid, and subsequently ruin what could be a great vaping experience. If I wanted that taste, I'd return to analogs, or vape Liquid Smoke!!!!

Sadly, I tossed the whole kit & kaboodle down the drain, grateful I didn't pay any money for all of the few toots I had. I know taste is subjective, but this is my own personal opinion....

If anyone is listening, PLEASE improve your product, and remove that "cig-alike" flavor from your tobacco line. I'd love to support such a great business!!!! Thanks again for the samples, and excellent above-and-beyond service!!!

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! Personally, VS4 is my all day vape. I don't get any ashy flavor profile from it, but just as some folks love cilantro and some hate it, some love onions and some hate it, some will love VS4 and some will hate it!

Although, I do think "horrible product" is a bit harsh.

As is the way with life, I suppose!

CascadianExotics

Jan 14, 2013
Portland OR
I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! Personally, VS4 is my all day vape. I don't get any ashy flavor profile from it, but just as some folks love cilantro and some hate it, some love onions and some hate it, some will love VS4 and some will hate it!

Although, I do think "horrible product" is a bit harsh.

As is the way with life, I suppose!

All good, Eric. As I said, taste is subjective....and, this is my own personal opinion. For being direct and either blunt, brutal, or "harsh" with that, I do apologize.

Some vendors have that particular pepper-ash profile in their tobacco flavors. After tasting "clean" tobacco flavors (more resembling the bouquet of loose tobacco leaf rather than the taste) for so long, the "cig-alike" profiles of some tobaccos really turn me off.

I don't know if using a different tobacco flavoring agent to achieve the same result would solve the problem or not. But, I'd be interested in being a "Lab Rat" for that experience!!!

VS4 was such a great concept. And without that ash-flavor, it could have easily found its place in my rotation!!! Thanks again....

Last edited:

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I personally don't get that from any of VS tobacco's...I get clean friendly to equipment great tasting juice on all of his tobacco's I've tried.Don't here much about VS on forums but man Eric's got some killer juice,and if u like coffee capp flavor u got to try Sumatra.Alright Eric expect at least one free sample on next order :)

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Butting my way in here. I wish I could have caught it from your drain. I savor every drop and break it out for special occasions. Wish I could afford it as my all day vape. Or Dover which I make a kiss poor clone of. Interesting to read your perspective. I hate ash vapes. Lick me an ashtray, no thanks. Oh and your honesty was brutal, but kudos for speaking your mind. Lalala, now about that Dover stock! Hmmm? Happy Fathers day! Ps, we talk about VS when we can, really we do. Dover stock might motivate us more. Just kidding around. Hugs

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
VERY new to the scene so forgive it this is a bit obvious. But from all the reading I have been doing the 'tobacco' flavors seem to excel with a little steeping time.
Could this be a factor in this reaction?

VS tobaccos are essentially pre-steeped, so this was just a case of a customer wanting something different (but there is no ash for me to speak of at ALL!). I have tried more tobacco vapes than a little bit, and I keep some VS in my stash. They work if you are familiar with what else is available from other vendors. I think so much of vaping has to do with understanding.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
No ash taste from VS tobaccos, very clean, flavorful, just right.

Yeah, I am still baffled at that. What people taste may be subjective, but what's in a juice is not subjective--that's not up for debate. Some juices do have that ash taste because of what's in them, VS tobaccos do not have that.

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
No ash taste from VS tobaccos, very clean, flavorful, just right.

Ditto, I'm not sure what the OP was vaping, but my guess is he's new to twisting his own coils and didn't burn off the chemicals before introducing the juice (hello rancid flavor!). I know exactly the peppery flavor that OP was describing and it's generally found in a lot of lower grade juices, which is exactly why I switched to VS a couple years ago. I can't stand that peppery flavor, and I mean that in the strongest sense of the word.

Regardless, calling someone's product horrible is just wrong. Maybe not to your liking? It's not about being blunt or speaking your mind, it's about being respectful of other people? Do you realize this is someone's livelihood? Do you realize this is a public forum that people use to validate where they are spending their money? Not sure if the OP works for a competitor, is just ignorant on twisting his own coils or just plain doesn't like the flavor, but I've sampled every tobacco flavor Eric makes and I've never gotten that peppery taste which I so hate.

People need to step back and think a bit before brain dumping on the interwebs...

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
It is beyond me why some vendors put this ash-flavor in their liquid, and subsequently ruin what could be a great Vaping experience. If I wanted that taste, I'd return to analogs, or vape Liquid Smoke!!!!

Sadly, I tossed the whole kit & kaboodle down the drain, grateful I didn't pay any money for all of the few toots I had. I know taste is subjective, but this is my own personal opinion....

there are people who like/want the ashy taste! lots of newbies want the vape to taste like a cig
it's a shame to waste liquid, you can offer it for sale, for trade or give away (in the appropriate sections of course) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread