Best Cartomizer for Tank with eGo Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
I'm using my Volcano tube tank (4ML tank, 1.5 ohm dual coil cartomizer with only one hole punched) on my eGo Twist. At first, when filled the carto, it was fantastic. I was vaping at 4.8V and it was just perfect. Then, almost 12 hours later, the vape amount died off and it takes a second or 2 for the atty to even fire.

As I've posted in a couple other threads, I'm looking for more information on a better tank, but I think it may be the carto on the inside I really need to get right.

At 4.8V, should I be vaping with a different carto? Should I really be using the dual coil carto at 1.5 ohms (this is what comes with the inferno which maxes out at 3.7V) or should I be going with something single coil?

Just need some insight, thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Personally I'm not a fan of the dual coil cartos; and I'm not familiar enough with them to suggest proper ohm/voltage/watts. All I can tell you is that 1.5 ohm dual coil has two 3.0 ohm heating coils in it.

I started out using dual coils in my tanks and frequently got a burnt taste after vaping them a while. Since I switched to using single coil carts I rarely experience that anymore.

I typically vape between 3.4 - 4.8 volts on my Provari's. I use Ikenvape 510 Fusions (3.0 ohm) and Ikenvape Platinums (2.5 ohm). Clearly a better carto than either Boge or Smoktech if you can get them. I use the Smoktech 3.0 ohm single coils as a backup to the IKV.

I prefer a cooler vape; lower resistance coils are too harsh and uncomfortable for me. I also find the higher resistance allows for more flavor production with the juices that I use. Lower resistance coils can cause some of the more fragile fruit flavors to taste burnt. I don't concern myself much with throat hit or vapor production, but my guess is the single coils provide just as much vapor as the dual coils at comparable voltages that I use.

You might consider trying a pyrex cartotank. There are those vapors who insist they get a cleaner flavor using one. Glass is an inert material so it will not contribute its own "taste" to the juice. Pyrex is also safe to use with those flavors known to crack plastic tanks. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/

Check out IBTanked http://www.ibtanked.com/ for their 19mm diameter tanks or Phiniac for their Skinny Phinny http://phiniac.com/cid-93-1/skinny-phinny.html.

IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg IBTanked on a Spinner eGo
___

The Safe Vaping Power Chart is a useful guideline to help people choose the proper atty resistance to the voltages that they use. I've been told that it applies only to single coil atty's, and not for dual coils.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I have a Boge F17 tank and although I have some odd problems with it leaking (loose orings which I need to replace) I did discover something in the last day or so with my cartos.

The first prepunched boge I stuck in it worked like a dream losts of taste and great vapor and lasted nearly 3 weeks. Well I changed it yesterday for a new one. And inside 5 minutes even though I had preprimed it I started getting dry hits. By today I was getting burnt taste. SO I knew I had to replace it. I dug out the carto punch I had picked up but never used. And on the new boge punched 1 additional hole to the 2 that came from the factory. OMG I am in heaven. This tank has NEVER tasted this good.

Lesson learned make sure you have the right amour of holes in the carto for best performance.

Note to self: Buy more tanks. ;)

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
Yes they can. Just make sure you use the proper length of cartomizer (35mm vs 45mm) according to the tank length you use, or vice versa.

View attachment 218860

Without the flange, wouldn't the tank slip down towards the battery?

Anyway, all things being equal, what's the best flanged cartomizer out there? lol

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Without the flange, wouldn't the tank slip down towards the battery?

Anyway, all things being equal, what's the best flanged cartomizer out there? lol
If the cartotank has properly fitted o-rings, the tank will not slide on the cartomizer.

That said, Smoktech is the only brand cartomizer that uses a flange exclusively. I think some of my Ikenvape cartos have a small flange, too; but not sure which ones. But as said before, a flange is not necessary for tanks that have properly fitting o-rings.

(Smoktech DCT tanks notoriously are slidey on a carto, probably why they use a flange on their cartos.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread