Safe smoke does not give you a right to assault children

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmueller88

Jun 10, 2013
USA
I am really starting to hate these e-cigs. Everybody that uses them thinks they are "safe" because they can smoke them anywhere. So what people are doing, it has been done twice to me, is to prove it to other people that they are safe, they are blowing the smoke into children's faces. I have had 2 separate people blow e-cig smoke in my 3 year old son's face, and have seen it done to other children. Then they mad dog you waiting for you to say something. After you tell them they are jerks and they should not do that, they reply "it is ok for them to do that because the smoke is "safe". Of course I gave them a piece of my mind.
From what I have learned, that is a form of assault and I can call the police. Next time anyone does that to my or any other child, I will call the cops, siting self defense of a child against assault.
"Safe e-cig" my ...

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
One, you can not smoke them everywhere. Two, any person that does that probably deserves police involvement. Three, I personally wouldn't be so against the ecig as the user. I personally am very respectful around other people with mine, and always ask if I can use it inside, and never in the same room as a child, and if possible far away outside. Not that I don't think it's safe, just don't like the example to kids that it's ok.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
She has every right to rant here since it is a vaping forum and there are allot if ignorant vapers on these forums that think its OK to vape anywhere just because there is no laws about it. Some vapers need to quit trying to vape most places smoking is not allowed since it is making vaping look bad.

Sure there are no laws about it and it most likely doesn't harm others but it would annoy and bother others. Take it outside and be considerate to others around you.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Everybody that uses them thinks they are "safe" because they can smoke them anywhere.
You'll find many, if not most, of us here are not in agreement with that statement.

So what people are doing, it has been done twice to me, is to prove it to other people that they are safe, they are blowing the smoke into children's faces. I have had 2 separate people blow e-cig smoke in my 3 year old son's face, and have seen it done to other children.
Unfortunately you've run into some people that have attitude and are extremely ignorant. Please don't label all of us the same. I respect other people's rights and have not and will never vape around children. Why should I burden anyone with my addiction?

From what I have learned, that is a form of assault and I can call the police. Next time anyone does that to my or any other child, I will call the cops, siting self defense of a child against assault.
Please do and I hope they are charged. Aside from that I do apologize for the occasional idiots that are roaming around but I can assure you many ECF members would be equally upset if the same were to happen to their kids.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I am really starting to hate these e-cigs. Everybody that uses them thinks they are "safe" because they can smoke them anywhere. So what people are doing, it has been done twice to me, is to prove it to other people that they are safe, they are blowing the smoke into children's faces. I have had 2 separate people blow e-cig smoke in my 3 year old son's face, and have seen it done to other children. Then they mad dog you waiting for you to say something. After you tell them they are jerks and they should not do that, they reply "it is ok for them to do that because the smoke is "safe". Of course I gave them a piece of my mind.
"Safe e-cig" my ...

I think you will find that many of the posters on this forum are there with you that the vapor from our e-cigs should not be blowing the face of ANYONE much less children. So please do not lump us all together.

As for where we vape I can only speak for myself. If smoking is not allowed somewhere then I do not vape there. Where I live that pretty much means I vape in and around my own home and in the car.That is it.

IF someone doing this is assault in your area then by all means report them. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Coming to a forum dedicated to the responsible use of e-cigs and going off on a hate and cuss laden rant probably was not the best way to get your point across. I do understand your anger though. I would likely be just as angry

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
If that happened to me (if I had kids), I would punch the person in the face.

I vape and I'm still respectful to others and realize that they don't necessarily want to inhale it. Much less their kids.

Well I wouldn't punch them in the face, but I am very respectful.
If necessary I wouldn't exhale

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You must be hanging around some very considerate people. Some changes in your social circles may help.

Agree completely. Those peeps are looney tunes. Not sure I buy the story at all, but if true the OP really needs to consider who they are associating with. JMO

cmueller88

Jun 10, 2013
USA
Unfortunately, these ecigs fall into peoples hands that are very ignorant on the subject. Not until advertisers and other community ecig leaders change the general notion that ecigs are "safe and harmless" this will continue to happen.
I am very surprised about the positive comments coming from this discussion and hope it will start a trend of more appropriate and civil e-smoking behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread