Does anyone have one of the V5 fasttech RDA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Well, if it does have 2 holes, it would likely be necessary to cover one of them up if you only wanted a single coil build. I am thinking the quick and dirty way would be to use some tape or a broken off toothpick. The nicest way would be threading a tiny screw into it.

I definitely want to hear some details about this rba before I buy one, but it seems like it could be pretty nice. fasttech also has one that is kind of like an IGO-S, and I might jump on that one instead. Just wish they had one like an IGO-L!

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0

Kamoch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
La Mirada, CA
This is the nimbus clone. I believe it has 3 posts for a dual wick setup and dual air holes. i have a Nimbus & hopefully 2 of these coming in a planned co-op if it gets off the ground. For 6 bucks & change looks great to me. The air holes are pretty small so unless you are going to run dual coils I wouldn't worry about covering up one air hole for a single wick. If anything, run dual coils & drill out both holes!

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
This is the nimbus clone. I believe it has 3 posts for a dual wick setup and dual air holes. i have a Nimbus & hopefully 2 of these coming in a planned co-op if it gets off the ground. For 6 bucks & change looks great to me. The air holes are pretty small so unless you are going to run dual coils I wouldn't worry about covering up one air hole for a single wick. If anything, run dual coils & drill out both holes!

I would be going for the best performing single coil I can build, and I would think that directing all the airflow over the coil would be important for that. So I would probably enlarge both holes and cover one, uncover both if I want to screw around with dual coils.

I'm currently trying to learn how to make a good hybrid wick with silica and mesh, and having two of them going at once seems frustrating at best. Eventually I will move on to solid mesh or some of the more advanced soft wick material.

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I'm not impressed.

The juice well on the deck seems shallower than it should be. If there's anything more than 12 drops of liquid in there and you remove the cap, your mod is going to get messy.

The drip tip that is included looks nice but doesn't fit snugly. It stays put, but it doesn't seat in the hole very well and is sort of wobbly.

The screws on the 3 posts that capture resistance wires have allen wrench heads as opposed to phillips heads. The screws themselves are TINY. It only takes about 3 turns for the screw to come out. If you lose one, good luck finding a replacement. The tiny allen wrench that comes with the atomizer seems like it's too small in diameter for the screw heads. After tinkering with it for a while last night, the allen wrench has already become slightly stripped (the edges have rounded).

The cap has one air hole that's way too narrow. I don't see anybody being satisfied with a draw as tight as it is out of the box. The atomizer comes with a dual coil setup already installed with what looks to be 34AWG wire. (one air hole with dual coils......?) After a quick rinse to get rid of any residual contaminants, I dripped some e-liquid and gave it a go. As expected, the draw is way too stiff, vapor production was anemic and throat hit was harsh.

I enlarged the one air hole a bit and gave it another try...same results but with a lighter draw. I drilled another air hole opposite the existing hole and gave it another try...same results, airier draw.

I rebuilt it with 32AWG and 30AWG...I got better results with the rebuilds but the throat his stayed harsh and unpleasant.

Your results may differ from mine, but until I hear back from fellow ECFers about theirs performing well, this thing will be relegated to the back of my vape supply drawer.

heysteve

Verified Member
Your results may differ from mine, but until I hear back from fellow ECFers about theirs performing well, this thing will be relegated to the back of my vape supply drawer.

so not at all comparable to the real nimbus? mine should be coming in any day now..

heysteve

Verified Member
I haven't tried the Nimbus. If the Nimbus sucks, then the Fasttech RDA is comparable.

lol for sure. ill have to compare once the v5 comes in. i personally love the nimbus, just don't love the price. if the v5 works out good, ill use the money i saved and put it towards the trident ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread