Built my first micro-coil today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
Hey guys thanks for the nice threads. I built my first micro-coil today. Turned out pretty good.

My concern is, though I am i getting clouds of vapor, the taste is a little dry and not real flavorful.

My build.

IMG_0474.jpg

kanthal 28. 10 wraps.

Silica Wick. 2mm

came out at about 1.7ohms.

The question is: How to get more flavor?

I saw someone mention about organic cotton balls or something. How are they in terms of flavor?

Scroll Down for the much better second attempt

Last edited:

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
Doesnt look very micro, I made a 10 wrap of 30 gauge and came out at .2 higher than yours(1.9ohm). You should of been able to get more wraps in there and make it smaller and more compact. Like this, its with a single piece of 1.5mm ekowool in the coil
View attachment 219886

yeah im kinda blind in my old age. Your right after looking at the picture more. Its not very micro. I will have to try the screw or toothpick method and see what I can do.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here is the rebuild. Officially attempt two. Came out to 1.5ohms. This time with some organic cotton balls as the wick.

IMG_0475.jpg

Jeeves, I would recommend going slightly thinner on the cotton. You want it to pull thru the coil with very little resistance and be about the same density / thickness for the entire length of the wick. Nice coil though bro :)

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
Jeeves, I would recommend going slightly thinner on the cotton. You want it to pull thru the coil with very little resistance and be about the same density / thickness for the entire length of the wick. Nice coil though bro :)

yeah it went through nice and easy actually but thanks I will try to make it a little thinner next time.

Last edited:

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Here is the rebuild. Officially attempt two. Came out to 1.5ohms. This time with some organic cotton balls as the wick.

IMG_0475.jpg

Good job. Now to finish that coil and make it perfect you'll have to push the coils together while you fire the device. Start from the inside out and everywhere you see a gap push it together. Keep an eye on the leg at the bottom of your picture while you're doing this because you may have to pull a little slack out of it when you're done. When you have it right it will fire a little differently than a normal coil. Normal coils fire from the inside out and glow throughout. What I've noticed with my micro coils is when all the coils are touching evenly it will fire from the inside out, but one or two coils on each end will look like they're barely glowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread