Johnson Creek Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
Overall I think JC is pretty good juice, and their shipping time has always been exceptional.

I use only 100% VG or high VG, and I've tried about everything in JC's Red Oak line. All have been good and very vape-worthy with a few exceptions - Valencia, smelled great in the bottle, but I can't tell you how it vapes because I never got it to vape no matter what I tried, NEVER; Silverthorn, really tastes like pipe tobacco, just not my thing, but I can how others might love it; Vanda, tastes good, smells great, VERY, VERY, VERY THICK, thickest juice I have ever used, nothing else even compares in this regard.

I love Tennessee Cured. Island is another favorite, might not be great for everybody as it is strong on the coconut. Ranier has the potential to be really good with a long steep time, hated it at first and set my bottle aside, but tried again two months or so later and couldn't put it down.

I don't have any problems recommending JC to anybody, price is higher than some other places, but overall a good product.

Last edited:

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
JC is all I use now. I have tried many vendors and none are "smoke juice". There is an underlying flavor in most of their juices some hate it some love it. I also use VG only and really enjoy their Wisconsin Frost and Solstice. To me all other vendors flavors do not recreate my smoking need. I now vape only 0mg and enjoy their menthols as a replacement for liquids with nic in them. Their juices are pricey but IMO really worth the cost. Just keep in mind that their flavors all have the underlying almost greasy smokey peanut taste to them some flavors more than others.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
Overall I think JC is pretty good juice, and their shipping time has always been exceptional.

I use only 100% VG or high VG, and I've tried about everything in JC's Red Oak line. All have been good and very vape-worthy with a few exceptions - Valencia, smelled great in the bottle, but I can't tell you how it vapes because I never got it to vape no matter what I tried, NEVER; Silverthorn, really tastes like pipe tobacco, just not my thing, but I can how others might love it; Vanda, tastes good, smells great, VERY, VERY, VERY THICK, thickest juice I have ever used, nothing else even compares in this regard.

I love Tennessee Cured. Island is another favorite, might not be great for everybody as it is strong on the coconut. Ranier has the potential to be really good with a long steep time, hated it at first and set my bottle aside, but tried again two months or so later and couldn't put it down.

I don't have any problems recommending JC to anybody, price is higher than some other places, but overall a good product.

Thanks- Any health side effect problems at all with VG? Especially with the more viscous flavors? I ask because before buying a GS kit, I tried a BLU disposable in Classic Tobacco (JC makes their flavors) and actually liked it and had no problems. Wished it had a little more vapor so I went with the GS kit. Also their kit gave more stuff for the money and they accept returns. But I got some serious side effects- maybe due to the PG. So it has to go back. Hoping VG will be less sensitizing for me. Treading really carefully going forward.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
JC is all I use now. I have tried many vendors and none are "smoke juice". There is an underlying flavor in most of their juices some hate it some love it. I also use VG only and really enjoy their Wisconsin Frost and Solstice. To me all other vendors flavors do not recreate my smoking need. I now vape only 0mg and enjoy their menthols as a replacement for liquids with nic in them. Their juices are pricey but IMO really worth the cost. Just keep in mind that their flavors all have the underlying almost greasy smokey peanut taste to them some flavors more than others.
Thank you- I too want no nicotine- I want flavor and vapor- but their trial bottles are 18mg so I will initially have to deal with that- get a couple of 15 ml in zero nicotine and mix with their sample bottles to try out. I ordered a starter kit and ended up choosing Tundra, hope it is close to the Wisconsin Frost. The peanut taste should be fine- they specifically mention on their web site to not use the VG if you have allergies to nuts- so maybe that is why- their secret ingredient.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
Hey Confusednoobie,

When I first started vaping I was using what were mostly PG juices, within a short time I started having problems that my research indicated might be related to PG sensitivities, though I can't say as a fact that that was what was happening. My problems included an ever present metallic taste and bleeding sinuses. I switched to VG and my problems went away.

Occasionally I try a new juice (VG) that aggravates my minor asthma problems, or causes minor upper respiratory congestion. Neither of these issues has been major and both occur less frequently now. I have never experienced any negative symptoms from JC juices, though that should not be viewed as guaranty of similar results for any other party.

Regardless of what you vape, be sure to drink enough to stay hydrated, vaping, whether PG or VG, can cause you to become dehydrated.

Good luck, and believe it or not, it does get less confusing over time. The keys are a good reliable PV, a backup PV, and a juice that you really like. I am not familiar with the kits you mentioned, but I believe JC makes a quality juice, same for Alien Visions E-Juice (when they are open), and Heather's Heavenly Vapes, among others.

Last edited:

j0sh_m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
MO
JC Domestic is the closest thing i have to an all-day vape. I couldn't stand it when I first tried it, but it kind of snuck up on me. Tennessee Cured is pretty good to.

I'd try Vanda but you guys are scaring me about how thick it is - lol.

Same here. Domestic and Tennessee Cured is my everyday vape. Haven't tried Vanda but I find Swiss Dark to be thickier than the two I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread