Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to ECF POntificator!

I was under the impression that RY4 was one of the original tobacco-style flavors from way back, produced by Ruyan. I could be wrong though. :unsure: I'm fairly certain someone will come along shortly that is more knowledgeable on that topic than I. :D

In the meantime...

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you! :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!! :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

Nu2Dis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Jersey Shore, NJ, USA
I tried an RY4 from a local vendor and it kind of tasted, to me, like i was puffing on an unlit cigarette that had been dipped in a dirty ashtray.

But, as many people before me have mentioned time and again, taste is subjective. It may be your favorite all day Vape. I would suggest with any new flavor; pick up a small size, let is sit a few days, then vape it. If you like it, buy more quickly.:2c:

Does RY symbolize natural tobbaco taste? What are the differences between the various numbers following RY such as RY4, RY5, RY6, etc? I'm new to all of this vaping terminology and would appreciate clarification on this.:?:

Nu2Dis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Jersey Shore, NJ, USA
As written in WIKI:

Ruyan is the original inventor of the e-cigarette and Ruyan has registered patents in more than 40 countries since 2003.[4] Ruyan began to form the idea for the electronic cigarette in 2000. In 2003, SBT was established, and the first patent was registered in the same year in China. In 2007, Ruyan’s first international patent was registered.[5] The patent was later granted in the United States as well.[6] It is important to point out, most e-cigarette sold use a heating element instead of ultrasonic technology.[7] However the first battery operated electric cigarette [8] patent registered in the United States was by Herbert A. Gilbert (Beaver Falls, PA, USA) on 17 August 1965

Welcome to ECF POntificator!

I was under the impression that RY4 was one of the original tobacco-style flavors from way back, produced by Ruyan. I could be wrong though. :unsure: I'm fairly certain someone will come along shortly that is more knowledgeable on that topic than I. :D

In the meantime...

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you! :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!! :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
RY1 the original formula was very very sweet. RY2 was a notch below this. RY3 a notch below RY2. RY4 you can say was originally a balanced formula between tobacco flavor with sweet cararmel and vanilla tones. RY5 and RY6 lean toward more of the tobacco with less of the sweet. If I'm wrong on this someone correct me, but that is how I read all of it from bits and pieces here and there on the forums. And yes, I am an RY4 variant ADV person leaning toward the sweeter versions, currently my ADV is Indigo's RY4

WendyPie

Jun 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
The thing is every RY4 is different, I have tried a few but only like/love one from a local business. The others were too sweet.

So true, I use one RY4 that I adore, it's my all day, every day vape. I just got a free sample from a company I bought equipment from and their RY4 is not at all the same. Just kind of sickly sweet, I'm gonna let it steep a week and see if it gets better before I give up.
Wendy

I like the Hangsen RY4. It's been my first and only entry into the RY4 realm though. I just received some Hangsen RY6 this week and it's actually pretty good, but with a bit of warning, it does have a bit of a dirty ashtray taste to it, but in a good way. I like that true analog taste here in there throughout the day. Sort of a half day vape (hdv). I would recommend it to newcomers who want to start with the analog taste and work their way in.

I haven't heard many good things about DeKang in the 3 months I've been vaping, but I've also heard that DeKang is the base for many of the smaller providers of e-juice. So, that being said, it doesn't surprise me that someone said that the DeKang RY4 tasted bad.

randyrocker

Jun 13, 2013
Texas
I tried an RY4 from a local vendor and it kind of tasted, to me, like i was puffing on an unlit cigarette that had been dipped in a dirty ashtray.

But, as many people before me have mentioned time and again, taste is subjective. It may be your favorite all day Vape. I would suggest with any new flavor; pick up a small size, let is sit a few days, then vape it. If you like it, buy more quickly.:2c:

I think the Ry4 is the form of of Alien DNA they are having us inhale {laughs"

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The original RY4 was invented by Ludo, owner/President of Janty. He worked with a chemist from DeKang in experimenting and inventing the flavor. Janty's Classic RY4 is the original. I do believer the "R" stands for Runyan. But whether that is in deference to Ruyan or because the word means "like smoke" in Chinese, I do not know.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
The original RY4 was invented by Ludo, owner/President of Janty. He worked with a chemist from DeKang in experimenting and inventing the flavor. Janty's Classic RY4 is the original. I do believer the "R" stands for Runyan. But whether that is in deference to Ruyan or because the word means "like smoke" in Chinese"like smoke" in Chinese, I do not know.

Ahhhh! Learn something new ever day, but that does seem a logical reason ^_^

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
The RY is Ruyan and 4 is the version.

Hint: I recommend you stay away from Dekang's new RY4. I have not heard from one person that likes it, and personally it gives me a major headache just smelling it.

How new are we talkin'? I just got some Dekang RY4 within the last week or so. Seems to be the same as I'd had previously.

I like it but wish it had more flavor.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
How new are we talkin'? I just got some Dekang RY4 within the last week or so. Seems to be the same as I'd had previously.

I like it but wish it had more flavor.

DeKang RY4 and Janty RY4 are two different versions. The chemist who helped Janty make their RY4 left DeKang and took the formula from what was reported several years ago. And Chinese eliquid is intentionally more subtle than American.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
The original Dekang RY4 was the flavor almost everyone loved and wanted (kind of like Boboas Bounty now) and remember that back then there were not as many ejuice vendors. They changed the formula as stated in a post above and people got upset. As there became more vendors they tried to recreate it and came up with their own versions. The reason that everyone else called it the same thing is because they wanted people to buy theirs too. Generally now it means tobacco with caramel.
The different numbers are vendors way of saying like RY but a bit different like sweeter or added a tiny bit of cinnamon, more vanilla, or whatever. There is no rule about the numbers. Every vendors numbers mean something different so you have to read the description of each number for each particular vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread