the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
every fill seems kind of expensive

anyhow, there are videos on youtube which explain how to full take the heads apart

you likely need to remove one or more of the flavor wicks, these are wicks that are not spun into the coil but sit on top of it...all you need is a little tweezer to get it out but its kind of impossible for me to explain the process here

google "cleaning the kanger pro tank" there are several you tube videos...even if you dont want to clean the head, you will want to get one of the flavor wicks out of there

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Let me explain better, Im swapping the TWO heads that came with it EVERY OTHER clean. So I am still using the same two that came with it

ahh ok that makes sense

anyhow, the heads dont last forever, i do think you should try cleaning them...its no very hard to do once you've done it a time or two...take five minutes or so, you'll get to know the inner workings too so when you have a tight draw you can make adjustments

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
What are you using them on? Sometimes on a Vamo, which has fairly deep threading, tightening a KPT fully will close off the intake holes. Can you loosen up the draw by unscrewing the KPT 1/4 turn?

Also, alot of us haven't had the greatest experience with the heads that come with the KPT. If you bought some extra heads, the build quality seems to be improved on replacement heads. Save your stock heads for rebuilding. Might just be time to clean them out and dry burn them.

Brewer26

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
NY
Even if the head was filthy I'm not sure that would cause the draw to tighten up like that unless it was so bad it solidified. Are you using 2 different bases? One of my Protanks came with a base that did not have the air channels machined into it so there was pretty much no draw at all. Like sucking on your thumb kind of draw.

Might want to check your atty connection too.. rotank bad about the atty loosening up while your working with the heads.. Either that or you may need to clean/replace the heads you have.... 3rd or 4th fill , don't know how many draws or days you've been through with that but attys usually have a life-span 10-14 days if your lucky and heads require proper cleaning to function depending on your rate of vaping.

Vape Nerd has the best advice .... Check out some of the youtube K-pro / T3 cleaning and build videos and that should explain all you need to know about taking care of your tanks..:evil:

Might want to check your atty connection too.. rotank bad about the atty loosening up while your working with the heads.. Either that or you may need to clean/replace the heads you have.... 3rd or 4th fill , don't know how many draws or days you've been through with that but attys usually have a life-span 10-14 days if your lucky and heads require proper cleaning to function depending on your rate of vaping.

Vape Nerd has the best advice .... Check out some of the youtube K-pro / T3 cleaning and build videos and that should explain all you need to know about taking care of your tanks..:evil:

Im assuming A dry burn wouldnt hurt it, I may try that. Its just odd that only this fill is tight

mommafish

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
okc
JB Kucken:9803313 said:
So I have been switching the stock heads that come with my protank every fill. This is probably the 3rd or 4th refill on this head, and the draw went from airy to tight... Is something going on? im using 50/50 and have been since I bought my Protank. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...
im having kinda the same problem I have to change the heads everyother day to get mine to work I contacted kanger and they said they are having problems with about 2 percent of th kpt but thats alk they would say.. wouldn't tell me what to do to fix it. So im at a loss

im having kinda the same problem I have to change the heads everyother day to get mine to work I contacted kanger and they said they are having problems with about 2 percent of th kpt but thats alk they would say.. wouldn't tell me what to do to fix it. So im at a loss

Not really like Im complaining, because a tighter draw is kinda nice. I just want to make sure Im not doing something wrong

Not really like Im complaining, because a tighter draw is kinda nice. I just want to make sure Im not doing something wrong

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK

Hey Fish, how are ya, 405 vaperz on 89th and walker has replacement heads (not sure they are real kanger, don't have the extra flavor wicks) but they work well. Been using them since the originals did the same on my protank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread