Status
Not open for further replies.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Does anyone actually have their hot little hands on one of these yet? A small eGo-sized VW battery has been one of my vaping unicorns. I just ordered one but couldn’t find any significant information aside from this review by the VapinGreek

Info from Innokin

Size:15*15*159mm Battery Capacity:800 mAh
Operating Voltage:3.3V-5.0V Charing Time:1.5 Hours
Colors:White, Black, Chameleon, Pearl White Release Date:

Specifications:
Size: 15.1*15.1*99mm
Operating Voltage: 3.3V-5.0V
Operating Wattage: 6.0W-11.0W
Maximum Current Output: 3.5 ampere
Materials: copper tube /aluminium tube + zinc alloy

Main Features:

Variable Voltage:
voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 – 5.0 volts in .1 volt increments.

Variable Wattage:
Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 – 11.0 W in .5 watts increments.

Ohms meter :
Resistive Load Detection.

Puff Counter:
The puff counter will record how many puffs you have taken. The records will be cleared when the device is turned off.

Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection:
Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection helps protect the iTaste VV against faulty atomizers.

Over-Discharge Protection:
The iTaste VV monitors the battery voltage and will automatically turn off when the battery is discharged.

LED Battery Indicator:
The iTaste VV battery utilizes an advanced capacity display via green, yellow and red LED lights. Users will know the battery’s capacity via the color of the LED Button.
The LED lights will show green, yellow or red to indicate full battery life, half capacity or charging needed.

Superior Battery Life:
The iTaste VV e-cigarette features a built-in 800 mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery.

510 Threaded:
The iTaste VV is threaded to accept 510 accessories, including the iClear10,iClear16 and iClear30 clearomizers.

ON/OFF Battery Switch:
Quickly clicking three times will power the device on or off. Once the device is on, holding down the button will activate the battery. This safety feature prevents the atomizer from turning on while it's in your pocket or bag, as well as inadvertent settings changes.

10-Second Cutoff:
If the button is held down for 10 seconds or longer, the iTaste VV will shut itself off until the button is released.

Passthrough:
The iTaste VV is charged through a Micro USB Port. You can recharge it with any standard MicroUSB cable. It can also work as a pass-through device for simultaneous vaping and charging.

Settings Retention:
The device remembers the last voltage or wattage used when switching batteries.

Display Information:
The bright display shows resistance (ohms), voltage, wattage, atomizer voltage output, puff count, and last-used settings.

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I'm interested in one when they finally come out.

I ordered one at nHaler. They have excellent customer service and the new iTaste is included in their Father's Day Sale. I saw them at a few other places. However, I didn't recognize the names and I pretty much stick to vendors I know to be reliable

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I ordered one at nHaler. They have excellent customer service and the new iTaste is included in their Father's Day Sale. I saw them at a few other places. However, I didn't recognize the names and I pretty much stick to vendors I know to be reliable

That price looks pretty good. I watched Dimitris review - so perhaps its finally here - the ego-ish size vw pv?? He was saying he can't help but recommend it to new vapers. I took my X2 out with me the other day - its 900mah, regulated at 3.7 v. I was thinking I'd like a vw at that size. I'm keen to hear how you find this when you get it.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Kiwi - mine won’t likely get here before Thursday so I was hoping that someone else might have their VW iTaste sooner. I love my assorted VW devices but all are on the large size.

I found this video. There isn’t any technical info but you can sort of get an idea of the what the purple chameleon color looks like which is what I ordered.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Kiwi - mine won’t likely get here before Thursday so I was hoping that someone else might have their VW iTaste sooner. I love my assorted VW devices but all are on the large size.

I found this video. There isn’t any technical info but you can sort of get an idea of the what the purple chameleon color looks like which is what I ordered.

Funny you should mention that - I was wondering what the chameleon was like, it appeals to me. I've always been wondering if we'd get a vw pv with an ego twist sort of size. This look likes it doesn't it.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from Heaven-gifts ... ordered 2, one in Chameleon and one in Silver. I have 2 of the previous version in white that I LOVE even without the variable wattage ... Then I found a second deal on an evic, not sure which will get here first, but either way, I should not need any batteries for a long time at this point!

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I've been using a pair for a few weeks and I'm really impressed. It's a great little device. I highly recommend it as a starter kit or backup for when a smaller device is needed. The performance is good, the battery life is what you'd expect, and (as far as I know) it's the only device this size that does VW.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Thanks for posting this vid.. good to know it's 510 and ego threaded.. wonder why they don't include that in the specs? Pretty good selling point IMO..

I didn’t notice that omission, but I would agree that it is very odd. It makes one wonder what is going through the minds of the people at Innokin to think it wasn’t important enough information to include.

I've been using a pair for a few weeks and I'm really impressed. It's a great little device. I highly recommend it as a starter kit or backup for when a smaller device is needed. The performance is good, the battery life is what you'd expect, and (as far as I know) it's the only device this size that does VW.

A big thanks for chiming in. It’s great to hear that you didn’t turn up any seriously unpleasant surprises after using two of the new VW iTastes for a couple of weeks. Yeah!

I’m a diehard VW’er so I’m very appreciative of the smaller form factor choice to add to my arsenal. I also agree with you that the VW iTaste is a fantastic choice for new vapers if they can deal with a larger than a cig-alike form factor.

Now I hope the industry steps it up to deliver my next vaping unicorn, an inexpensive, fiddle-free juice delivery device with HH.357 taste and performance. :)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I didn’t notice that omission, but I would agree that it is very odd. It makes one wonder what is going through the minds of the people at Innokin to think it wasn’t important enough information to include.

A big thanks for chiming in. It’s great to hear that you didn’t turn up any seriously unpleasant surprises after using two of the new VW iTastes for a couple of weeks. Yeah!

I’m a diehard VW’er so I’m very appreciative of the smaller form factor choice to add to my arsenal. I also agree with you that the VW iTaste is a fantastic choice for new vapers if they can deal with a larger than a cig-alike form factor.

Now I hope the industry steps it up to deliver my next vaping unicorn, an inexpensive, fiddle-free juice delivery device with HH.357 taste and performance. :)

You mean like this:

New!!! AGF 510 Atomizer Tank

Vaper Joe just pimped it.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
You mean like this:

New!!! AGF 510 Atomizer Tank

Vaper Joe just pimped it.

I’m leaving that one to the rebuildable experts. What few comments I've seen about it don't seem to be all that favorable.

Oh, and VaperChase has a new review of the Innokin itaste Version 3 up at youtube. Lots of comparisons to it's predecessors.
Thanks for pointing out the Vapor Chase review. I overlooked it because I thought it was a review for the VV only version because of the title, VaporChase Review - The iTaste VV v3 from Innokin. I had forgotten that Innokin kept the VV name for the iTaste despite it being a VW/VV device.:confused: I don’t know if anyone is offering the kit featured in the review with the 5 iClear 16s. However, if the price is friendly that would be a great starter kit once they make it to retailers

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Todd’s review title also does not mention VW so I missed that one as well. I love his reviews, particularly when Todd gets so obviously tickled because he likes something. It's great fun watching him use a couple of his rebuildables with the iTaste.

So far, from the reviews, it looks like the new VW iTaste has a bright future.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
I ordered one and received it Saturday (6/15). My first VV/VW. I really like it. Now I just have to learn how to tell what my sweet spot is. I'm using a Kanger EVOD at 8.0 - 9.0 Watts. I wrapped my coils for a LR, shooting for about 1.8 ohms, but this is telling me I've got about 2.4 ohms. I never measured my coils with a meter, but if it's accurate, I can probably go from 5 coils windings to 4 coils windings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread