Vamo and tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjh4chiefs

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2011
KC Metro MO
I just ordered a vamo and while I am waiting for it to be delivered I wanted to get some idea of what to use with it.
I am a flavor junkie so in your opinion which tank gives the best flavor? Right now I use egos with ce3 clearos. The few tanks I have tried in the past have all seemed like the flavor was muted.
Also I use 80 pg 20 vg ratio on my juices will this still work well with a tank?
i have been vaping for about a year but I am still smoking 5 cigs a day. I am hoping with the right setup to be able to give them up completely!

Susan

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Well the CE3 is a bottom coil clearo - so if you prefer that cooler vape, you could try either an EVOD or (everyone's favorite but mine) a pro-tank. They are also bottom coil and will provide a similar vape to your CE3s

The EVOD will hold about 1.6ml of juice and the pro-tank about 3.5ml. The EVOD heads are cheap ($1.50) and will fit in the pro-tank. Also, the pro-tank is glass, so you can use any juice in there - the EVODs are not so beware of tank cracking citrus / cinnamon juices.

I also use a (genuine) vivi nova metal, I have a mini (1.5ml) and a regular (3.5ml) sized tank. These are top coil and will give a warmer vape than you might be used to. All my suggestions look good on a Vamo. The replacement heads are around $2-3 but I have just started re-wrapping / wicking them myself - with mixed results :D

Edit - I see you got your Vamo from Fasttech. They also have the pro-tank but it's sold out right now. They carry the EVODs too - several members on here have got theirs and vape with them with no issues. BUT - I wouldn't recommend buying the vivi novas from fasttech, they are knock-offs and a lot of people have had leaking issues with them.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
On my vamo I am finding I absolutely love carto tanks for flavor and vapor production. There are a WIDE range of tanks out there. Here in the states many ECF people love the IBTanked carto tanks and the Phiniacs. Advantage is they are glass and if you get the metal endcap option you have no worries about what juice you put in them (they wont crack with citrus or cinnamon flavors like some plastics). Downside is they are a bit more pricey.

I recently picked up a bundle of 5 DCT carto tanks from fasttech dirt cheap and they are working wonderfully. You do NOT have to run dual coil cartos with them if you do not want to (though the vamo can handle a dual coil). Upside they are extremely lightweight and affordable. Downside you MIGHT have trouble with juice cracking as they are plastic and they are a smaller capacity.

BOTH sorts give me the flavor and vapor I enjoy but as in all things vaping it really is a matter of individual taste.

Hey Susan,

I also have a Vamo and I have been exclusively using carto-tanks on it. It is the best combo for me, for performance and completely hassle free.
I have a couple of mini-sub tanks from mom and pop vapor shop. It takes some training to set them up but they are solidly attached so they won't come off in your pocket/bag, and I never had the tiniest leak. The little holes and screws are convenient too to fill them up.

As far as cartos I use boge LR. They are cheap and offer plenty good performance and flavor in my opinion.

80/20 will certainly work in carto-tanks, you will just need less holes in the cartos as the liquid is thinner. One hole should be enough.

It takes a little research to find the perfect setup for you but once you found it you will easily give up the real thing!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
If you go with the Evod, you'll need a 510 to Ego adapter. I love the ProTank on my Vamo, and you wouldn't need an adapter.

You must have an older Vamo, most that I have seen on the forum have 510 and ego threading. I can use an EVOD or even an MT3 on mine.

Edit - I just checked, the one on Fasttech has both 510 and ego threads.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I've looked at the carto tanks and they look very interesting. I was wondering if the flavor output was good.
I don't think I understand the advantages/disadvantages of single vs dual coils. I'll probably try both to find out for myself. Lol

And that is the very best thing you can do. Try it yourself.

A beautiful example for you some people LOVE the protank and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Other have no end to complaints and problems with it. A fast search of this forum will point out that controversy really quickly. :)

Everyone has to find their own happy vaping place and it is different for every one of us.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
You must have an older Vamo, most that I have seen on the forum have 510 and ego threading. I can use an EVOD or even an MT3 on mine.

Edit - I just checked, the one on Fasttech has both 510 and ego threads.

You're absolutely right, and I'm feeling more than a little silly right now :oops: When I was Vamo shopping I was told I needed an adapter, so I got the adapter and never even tried my T3s and Evods without it :facepalm: Well, whaddaya know . . . they fit without an adapter!!

Thanks, Aglet, for setting me straight :)

~~scurrying off to edit that dumb post~~

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
You're absolutely right, and I'm feeling more than a little silly right now :oops: When I was Vamo shopping I was told I needed an adapter, so I got the adapter and never even tried my T3s and Evods without it :facepalm: Well, whaddaya know . . . they fit without an adapter!!

Thanks, Aglet, for setting me straight :)

~~scurrying off to edit that dumb post~~

That said I always use an adapter on mine anyways even when using 510 devices. The Vamo connector is known to be a bit touchy so I just feel that by screwing and unscrewing my devices from an adapter that just STAYS attached to my vamo I am protecting the vamo connector.

Just my opinion of course.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
That said I always use an adapter on mine anyways even when using 510 devices. The Vamo connector is known to be a bit touchy so I just feel that by screwing and unscrewing my devices from an adapter that just STAYS attached to my vamo I am protecting the vamo connector.

Just my opinion of course.

Thanks! Maybe that's why I kept reading that the adapter was necessary, but I took it to mean that those devices wouldn't fit without it. Silly me for not even trying them. Hmmm . . . if it protects the threading I think I'll keep using it after all.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks! Maybe that's why I kept reading that the adapter was necessary, but I took it to mean that those devices wouldn't fit without it. Silly me for not even trying them. Hmmm . . . if it protects the threading I think I'll keep using it after all.

I believe on the vs 1 Vamo there was no ego threading so it might be some of what you read is just older info.

Like I said I am just more comfortable using the threading on hte adapter considering I change devices multiple times a day. Saves wear and tear on the vamo. Not everyone is going to feel the same. Just makes sense to me to do though.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I use Smok Tech Pyrex Carto Tanks. Since they are glass you can vape any flavor without cracking. It works GEAT on the VAMO as well. I also use EVODs they do pretty good. Both of which can be bought at FastTech at good prices.

Can you get me a like to the smok tech pyrex carto tank on fasttech I haven't seen that one there yet and am in the market for a pyrex carto tank and working out my next fasttech order. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread