Cheapest eGo type starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexSG

Jun 16, 2013
Texas
Looking for a less expensive way to introduce some friends to decent ecigs. The local smoke shop now carries Vapage VPro-T and some replacements (crystal carts and batteries) for it, so keeping it compatible with those makes it easier for them to expand if they like it. (College town, one tobacco shop. Nearest vape shop is >1hr drive.)

Doesn't have to be a kit, per se, though I'd prefer to keep it to one vendor for shipping reasons. Basically, I just want to have something that I can use to show them that the gas station disposables they long ago gave up on aren't a good example of what an ecig can be. If I can put something together that can be passed around with a few different flavors, (tobacco, menthol, and something sweet) maybe a few of them will be interested enough to try it. If I can get the total cost of the unit down around $20-25 with charger, I'll probably be able to get a few of them circulating and/or make an ecig and 15ml of juice my default birthday present for smokers. Obviously I'd like it to be reasonable quality and performance as well.

I've noticed in the local all-night cafe, the cutest waitress noticed me vaping with thick vapor for 3-4 hours without a refill or fresh battery. Seems she tried some gas station disposables and with her pack-a-day habit, they wouldn't even get her through a shift, and only produced good vapor for the first 10-15 puffs. If I could loan her something with at least 1.5ml capacity and a solid battery, and let her try a shift with that, I'm betting she'd be hooked. If I could then sell it to her at my cost for $20-25 and let her piggyback on my juice orders, she'd save a fortune just on cigs, not to mention the tooth whitener she must be using. At least two of the other waitresses (also cute) are also heavy smokers, so converting one would be three potential converts, plus they're pretty visible to smokers since it's the only 24 hour place within 30 miles that has a smoking section. vaping has a big advantage for waitresses, since there's no drawback to grabbing a puff on the move, as opposed to lighting a cig and then putting it out after 1-2 drags, so they're a very logical target for converts, too.

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
View attachment 221397

I strongly urge you to purchase one of these instead of a standard eGo battery. They are 17$, it accepts all 18650 batteries, is 510/eGo threaded, and will last FAR LONGER, durability wise, than a standard eGo battery. It has a very nice, responsive metal button. Throw an EVOD on top and you are in vaping bliss!

Btw, its from Mountain Vapors. I have one, and have been using it more than my Silver Bullet to due the
form factor. They also offer an 18350 model.
View attachment 221396

Last edited:

TexSG

Jun 16, 2013
Texas

Looks good. Think I'll order a couple of these tomorrow and see if I can convert some folks.

I'm still looking for a juice that doesn't taste odd first thing in the morning or after certain foods, but I'm getting a week from a pack of Camels instead of a day now, so as soon as I can cover those times I'll be completely switched over without cravings.

TexSG

Jun 16, 2013
Texas
View attachment 221397

I strongly urge you to purchase one of these instead of a standard eGo battery. They are 17$, it accepts all 18650 batteries, is 510/eGo threaded, and will last FAR LONGER, durability wise, than a standard eGo battery. It has a very nice, responsive metal button. Throw an EVOD on top and you are in vaping bliss!

Btw, its from Mountain Vapors. I have one, and have been using it more than my Silver Bullet to due the
View attachment 221396

Got a link? I don't see it under batteries on their site.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I use theirs, and I also have AW IMR 18650s. They both perform flawless. But, I do agree.

Once a standard eGo fails, its in the trash. At some point you will probably move up to 18650 tube mods, if MV tube mod fails (I have had mine for a year and a half), you can salvage the batteries. Much better long term imo.

TexSG

Jun 16, 2013
Texas
Once a standard eGo fails, its in the trash. At some point you will probably move up to 18650 tube mods, if MV tube mod fails (I have had mine for a year and a half), you can salvage the batteries. Much better long term imo.

I probably will, but I doubt the waitresses will get that fancy. After all, they can pick up this kit $12.56 EGO-T 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1100mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - black / s bag at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping for under $13 online or $25 at the local smoke shop.

Great SD, now I'm going to be piling up cheap parts. That site is like DealExtreme with more class; addictive, even if a lot of it probably is about the same quality as DX's stuff.

MrSunshine

Feb 28, 2013
Mississippi
I probably will, but I doubt the waitresses will get that fancy. After all, they can pick up this kit $12.56 EGO-T 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1100mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - black / s bag at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping for under $13 online or $25 at the local smoke shop.

Great SD, now I'm going to be piling up cheap parts. That site is like DealExtreme with more class; addictive, even if a lot of it probably is about the same quality as DX's stuff.

I haven't yet ordered from Fasttech, but if I were going to get a $13 kit from them, I'd go with one including the knock-off evod. It's got the wall adapter and a case. You can also go cheaper for just the battery, evod and usb charger. Or, step up a little and get two batteries/evods in a kit for $20.

Like I said, I've got no firsthand experience with them, but I think I'd prefer to take my chances with a knock-off evod than a CE4 top coil clearomizer.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
View attachment 221397

View attachment 221396

Hm,,,,,,,,,thanks for this,,,,I'm thinking about getting one of these for a back up emergency mod,,,,the price is certainly right,,,,,,

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got a couple of the knockoff Evod kits with 2 batteries/clearos in the mail now...can't beat the price at $20, unless you consider $9 and change for a single without case. After trying a few different clearos I'm hooked on the Evods for simplicity/reliability - other top coils have died after a few tanks of juice and the CE4 I got gave a kind of weird taste...

feely73

Jun 5, 2013
Long Island, New York
I've got a couple of the knockoff Evod kits with 2 batteries/clearos in the mail now...can't beat the price at $20, unless you consider $9 and change for a single without case. After trying a few different clearos I'm hooked on the Evods for simplicity/reliability - other top coils have died after a few tanks of juice and the CE4 I got gave a kind of weird taste...

I got one on the way too. I don't see how you can go wrong with this one. I have dealt with them on one order already and am pleased with the products and service. I was told their evods are good, so we will see.

Mark408

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
San Jose, Ca
I have been satisfied with everything I have purchased from FastTech. :)

How long does it usually take for you to receive a product from them?
It was my first time ordering from them yesterday. Now I am just waiting for my K100 to come in to pair with my IGO-L dripper tank I have laying around :D I am so impatient :p

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
OP mentioned smoking camels.

Just like to chime and say I recently got some DEKANG 'Camel' and it has rhe best th and analogue like feel and taste to any other tobacco juice I've tried and their prices are cheap as hell, so might want to give that a go.

I've actually started mixing it with USA BLAND (no typo) as it feels too hot and makes me cough, it is a very 'robust' juice at 100pg and for the price. You won't be getting any 'blah blah undertones with an exquisite ____ flavor on the inhale, _______ mid tones and a complicated yet sublte ________ on the exhale' but it's a good cheap 'packs a punch' tobacco juice at a real cheap price.

moxiot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
nyc
I haven't yet ordered from Fasttech, but if I were going to get a $13 kit from them, I'd go with one including the knock-off evod. It's got the wall adapter and a case. You can also go cheaper for just the battery, evod and usb charger. Or, step up a little and get two batteries/evods in a kit for $20.

Like I said, I've got no firsthand experience with them, but I think I'd prefer to take my chances with a knock-off evod than a CE4 top coil clearomizer.

thanks for the suggestion. i went ahead and bought your recommendation. i dont even know what to do next lol. should i buy some eliquid and cartomizers now?
im painfully new but at that price i coulndt say no.
thanks!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread