Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
hey guys, I need a recommendation for a rebuildable dripper atty . with all the positive info on these builds I would like to give it a go. also I have heard they work better on a bottom feed mods like the reo's, will all drippers work with these mods? or do you need a dripper specific to those mods? thanks

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My 4$ original phoenix has put all my tanks in my vape drawer. I build a vertical ss wick and this thing hits like a beast. Im waiting for my nimbus clone from fasttech and my k100 so I can experience what a sub ohm vape is like.

well I cant tell you what a sub-1 performs like in a dripper but if the comparisons are the same as in a genesis, youll like it for sure. I will probably take note to all the ones that will be mentioned here and order something in a few days. thanks one for the phoenix

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
For bottom feeders you need an RBA that isn't sealed at the bottom (take an Igo l, sealed at the bottom and will not work with a bottom feed mod). The RBA that I see recommended the most is the RM2, from Reo mods, for a bottom feeder. I've had mine for about 3 weeks, I haven't touched my other mods or my other RBa's etc since. Lots of info here, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/394619-affordable-rba-2-0-a.html.

If you just want to try a dripper without the bottom feeder the Igo L is great. Lots of room to work, holds quite few drops, off the top of my head 15 drops. It's actually what lead me to buying a Reo, I loved the vape but hated dripping every half hour.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
If it's got a sealed connection at the 510 (like an Igo L), it will not work on a bottom feeder. I 'think' Toddsreviews mentions the Spiral rda as one that works with bottom feeders, and of course Rob's rda over at Reosmods. The benefit of the bottom feeder ones is basically ease of use by squanking instead of dripping. Though with the quality of Rob's stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if his reomizer is a superior rda in other ways too. I've not used one. The Igo L gets wonderful reviews... works great for me, and I think a good place to start if you're just getting into drippers. If you wanted to jump right in head first, you could check the triple post ones like the nimbus or Igo W for easier dual coil setups, though I myself have no experience with them either.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Vap . . . . . . . RM2 for bottom feeding http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Must have, no brainer, favorite atty. Ceramic base and cap-cooling fins like a 2stroke would have. Not SS, but custom milled to fit the REO

Speaking of which, if you are planning ahead; the REO Grand has a catch cup @ 15mm diameter. Any atty that you would drill out for bottom feeding needs to be smaller in external width. Or you need to stack onto a 510 adapter/extension to get above the catch cup.

Also . . . . . http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html

Last edited:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
vap, hands down the Phoenix, can fairly easily be modded for bottom feeding as well and they are dirt cheap

try it with a vertical sub-ohm coil on SS Mesh, best vape I have

this is the version i like most:
Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer - Clone

hey guys, I need a recommendation for a rebuildable dripper atty . with all the positive info on these builds I would like to give it a go. also I have heard they work better on a bottom feed mods like the reo's, will all drippers work with these mods? or do you need a dripper specific to those mods? thanks

bikini_kill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Oklahoma City, OK USA
I use 14500 mods almost exclusively so I stick with RDAs that are 17mm and under. My two favorites are the eBaron Dripper by Leo and the Kayfun Mini v2.1 ES.

The eBaron Dripper by Leo comes in two versions: the Dripper Spiral and the Dripper Pro. The former has a spiral design on the drip shield and the latter has a plain drip shield; the Dripper Pro has a wider base that matches the tapering and finish of the Provari. Internally they are identical, so any review you see for one will apply to the other, performance-wise. They use ceramic cups and are meant to be set up with R/NR wire, though it seems a lot of people are unaware of this or choose to ignore it and set them up without joining the NR wire. They hold a lot of juice for a dripper that size and I like them enough that I have three of them, two Spirals and a Pro, in my regular rotation. The only thing I don't like about them is that they do not have an adjustable center post.

The Kayfun Mini v2.1 ES is sealed at the bottom so it can't be used as a bottom-feeder. It's also quite expensive, especially when compared to single-function drippers. If neither of those things are deal-breakers for you, it deserves a look because it's superbly crafted, extremely versatile, and a great vape. If you want all the details, see the user manual. You can use it in drip mode, tank mode, or long tank mode depending on how much capacity you want. Everything's adjustable. Super easy to set up; plain old Kanthal & silica will do ya. Svoe Mesto also makes a cool thing called the Sticker that lets you mount your Kayfun Mini side-by-side with a small mod if you want a different form factor. The larger Kayfun v3.1 ES has no drip mode, in case you were wondering.

I'd like to try the Cyclone sometime. It has a nice look to it (IMO) and appears to be high quality. I think a couple of my local brick & mortars carry it, which is always nice.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
yea the baron rocks but $60+.
but for cheap throw down 30 bucks and get a handful at fasttech to play with, or an igo-l and maybe an octopus, i have most and several are actually built well. tossing the china wick thing and rewicking with 3 mm and they all kick it hard

then if you feel inclined buy a nice one.

i been on a dripper kick for about 2 months now and a little tuning and the right materials you can pretty much match a geni taste wise with the right dripper.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
hey guys i appreciate all the info. my plans are to buy a rebuildable dripper and make a few builds to compare the flavor to my current genny w/ ceramic. if the flavor is better i might then try the bottom fed devices. i love the genesis attys and especially the porous ceramic wick, the only issue is that it seems that the last 1/4 of the juice degrades slightly because the wick is in constant contact with the juice, the flavor is still good but just not as good as a fresh tank. with drippers you get a fresher supply of juice, its just that i don't like dripping, this is where the bottom feeder might come into play. thanks

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hey vap, senio is doing a good looking 22mm dripper. The list is closed now but if you discover you're into dripping, that might be one you don't want miss on next list opening.

looks nice buddy, especially on my vela. but i don't think i could just drip. if i like the flavor of these drippers i would definatly need a bottom feeder for it. so i will buy a decent rba and if i like it i will buy a reo and an rba that works on it. thanks

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
yea the baron rocks but $60+.
but for cheap throw down 30 bucks and get a handful at fasttech to play with, or an igo-l and maybe an octopus, i have most and several are actually built well. tossing the china wick thing and rewicking with 3 mm and they all kick it hard

then if you feel inclined buy a nice one.

i been on a dripper kick for about 2 months now and a little tuning and the right materials you can pretty much match a geni taste wise with the right dripper.

Have you used Ekowool on rebuilding RBA? I'm thinking of 2mm since it's hollow...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
ypega3e9.jpg

+ 1 on the RM2, with Cooling fins like an *old school* two stroke (well all two strokes have been old school in MX/SX bikes for about 10 years) but the newer, old school 2 strokes, like my 01 CR here, are liquid cooled. Only fins are on the Radiator guards :)

I know, it needs a little wash down. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread