EVOD Replacement head question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KinkyPenguin

Jun 18, 2013
LA
First let me introduce myself, I just recently started vaping like a month ago so im still new to vaping.

So my current setup is a standard 900 EGO battery purchased from apolloecigs.com with an Kanger EVOD tank. Now from what i've read evod tanks are compatible with pro tank heads. So my question is do I have to physically change anything in the pro tank heads to fit into my evod tank? For example do I have to change the long skinny piece of metal that is attached to the pro tank and switch it with my old evod heads in order for the head to fit into the tank? And is their any noticeable difference from using different heads?

Thank you.

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
To answer your question no you don't have to physically change or reconfigure the heads (evod/protank).
Some people prefer the Evod air stem to the Protank stem because the Evod inner diameter is smaller creating a mildly harder draw.

Otherwise the are pretty much like legos...set them up any way you want.
To change the stems just use light pressure with a small pair of needle nose plyers and the stem will wiggle right off.

evod1.jpg
(PT on the right)

Last edited:

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
You can also re-wick these coils with cotton for another go around before the coils are toast.

Excellent point. Very easy, practical and inexpensive.

I took out two new (in the wrappers) coils to see if anything was obviously different.

evod2.jpg

Evod on left... aside from the air stems and a very minor bevel on the Pt's center post they are exactly the same down to having two "flavor" wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread