New to Bottom Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am new to bottom feeders so please pardon my ignorance and I have questions before I can purchase. What do I need 1st off to get started? How much is it going to cost and where do I purchase these things? I've used the mini ego ( the size of a cigarette) an ego, and Zmax with cartomizers in a tank, vivi nova's, kanger T3... list goes on. I haven't tried dripping because I'm not quite sure how. I have had crappy luck with pretty much everything because I vape the dark sweet juices. I usually go through a smok cartomizer a day except with the Ikenvape ones I usually go through 2 which I have no idea why. It was suggested to me by Bad to try a bottom feeder like a Reo. I haven't had the $$ to start all over again but I need to order carts and was thinking maybe just use that $$ to order a bottom feeder instead. Soooo if you can help me figure out what I am doing I would appreciate it very much so!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Good choice. You will need a REO. Blems start from 115. They are brand new with usually undetectable or very minor imperfections in the finish. A grand or mini 2.1

You will need an aw IMR 18650 battery for a grand or an aw IMR 18490 for a mini 2.1. I would suggest buying at least 2 batteries to start. RTD vapor.com. I also recommend an xtar wp2 charger from RTD vapor.

You will still need either a carto, an atty or an RBA.

That and juice and your ready to rock.

Lets see, 115 for the REO, 6 for shipping, approx 10 per battery, 20 for the charger, 6 for shipping = +/- $170. + whoever you need for the topper (carto /atty / RBA) and your set :)

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Last edited:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good choice. You will need a REO. Blems start from 115. They are brand new with usually undetectable or very minor imperfections in the finish. A grand or mini 2.1

You will need an aw IMR 18650 battery for a grand or an aw IMR 18490 for a mini 2.1. I would suggest buying at least 2 batteries to start. RTD vapor.com. I also recommend an xtar wp2 charger from RTD vapor.

You will still need either a carto, an atty or an RBA.

That and juice and your ready to rock.

Lets see, 115 for the REO, 6 for shipping, approx 10 per battery, 20 for the charger, 6 for shipping = +/- $160. + whoever you need for the topper (carto /atty / RBA) and your set :)

I have batteries for the grand already but not sure what to do for a topper, which is best and how do I find it? I am assuming the cartomizers I have won't work for this because they are prepunched and would need a tank?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I have batteries for the grand already but not sure what to do for a topper, which is best and how do I find it? I am assuming the cartomizers I have won't work for this because they are prepunched and would need a tank?

Prepunched - no. The best bet is REOs new RBA. I know that RBAs sound intimidating - their not :). 43 for one that will last indefinitely is very good. Here's a link of a Step by step picture tutorial how to build the REO RBA. Check it out and tell me if it looks to tough :)
RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9421933

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Actually no that doesn't look that tough ( for hubs...lol) but where would I get all this from? I have no tools like that, it's hard to even find a hammer in my house much less that stuff!! lol
Prepunched - no. The best bet is REOs new RBA. I know that RBAs sound intimidating - their not :). 43 for one that will last indefinitely is very good. Here's a link of a Step by step picture tutorial how to build the REO RBA. Check it out and tell me if it looks to tough :)

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would LOVE to finally break even from quitting smoking but as of right now I spend close to the same as when I was smoking.... ok still less but not a lot less!!
If you buy the Reomizer 2 you'll never have to buy a carto or atty again. Make your own coils for pennies. In three months or so you'll be even or ahead of what you are doing now.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Actually no that doesn't look that tough ( for hubs...lol) but where would I get all this from? I have no tools like that, it's hard to even find a hammer in my house much less that stuff!! lol

Its all very basic stuff:) nail clippers, Small screwdriver, tweezers, and something to wrap the coil around, like a small drill but, nail, toothpick, cotton- here's a link (cotton balls work if you boil em):
http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Rolled-Cotton?skuId=955492

Wire - here's a link (REO also sells it)
http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/products/Resistance_Wire/RW0107.html

You can do it :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I would LOVE to finally break even from quitting smoking but as of right now I spend close to the same as when I was smoking.... ok still less but not a lot less!!

I have spent ALOT less buying 7 REOs, 6 RM2s, 3 chalices, liters of juice and countless dollars in vape related sundries like magnifying lights, file cabinets etc. than I did on one CT scan of my lungs. Met my whole deductible in one afternoon :) that was an expense related to smoking. Then i had to get another a few months later (right after new insurance fiscal year) to confirm that my lungs had healed. 3,800 will buy an awful lot REOs and RBAs. :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The REO will pay for itself pretty quickly because it's VERY durable. You will never have to buy another pv. And the rebuildable atomizer will make that part of it practically free after a very short time. That $43 dollars is really the only cost. Wire and wicking material are cheap, cheap. You can wrap a coil (and essentially have a brand new atty) for pennies, like super_X says. Not only that, but it'll be the best vape you've ever had....so it's not just because they're so cheap to run that we love them; they're the best vape ever.

If you already have the batteries and the charger, you're way ahead of the game. Go to reosmods.com and look at the REO Grand. (That's the one that will fit the batteries you already have.)

The REO will be a game changer.

We, of course, all love REOs here or we wouldn't be here, but it's because they're so good. There wouldn't be such a huge, loyal following if they weren't really good. There's an active thread right now that talks about how we all ended up here, and for most of us why we never looked any further. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/431999-not-disparage-other-mods.html

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK

You can buy the wire on the reosmods site, and some wicking material, too, for cheap. Or you can buy the wire in bulk....we have a link for a place that sells 100 feet for around $6.00. You can make about 400 coils with that amount. And many of us use cotton balls for wicks....and that costs almost nothing because you can get about 50 wicks out of one cotton ball. See? Practically free. I got a set of little screwdrivers at DollarTree for $1.00, and a little pair of manicure scissors for $1.00. That's really all you need. (Or nail clippers instead of the scissors. :))

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

I happen to really like the SHORTY CARTOS on the REO.

Until you get into RBAs or something, which I'm not yet.

I also use a 306 and 510 cisco atty on mine.

you will not be sorry. I think i would not still be vaping had I not found bottom feeders. Its just SO EASY. Everything is on board, juice, etc. all you do is throw a carto on there and squeeze the juice up into it and vape away. You can prime the cartos first if you want.

you ccan also use boge 2.0 but yes, no punched ones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread