Apollo Standard Kit, first impessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Just got it today, and wanted to share my thoughts on it so far.

First off, even before I opened the box, I was impressed with the very nice packaging. I was even more thrilled to see it once opened; everything has a very nice professional, understated look to it. It comes with a PCC, two standard batteries, a USB cable and AC adapter, a USB battery charger, and one free five-pack of pre-filled cartos (I chose menthol 12mg.). I also ordered a five-pack of blank cartos to use with the Halo Mystic e-juice I have; I'll order more once I have a better feel for their juice.

The batteries have a really nice look to them, and I like the fact that I can have five cartos and the two batteries all in one case. This is particularly useful for me, because I travel quite a bit for work, and being able to recharge on the go is definitely a key feature for me, which is why I chose this kit. The PCC allows for the two batteries to be stored, one slides into a cylinder and another screws into the charging port. The PCC itself can be recharged via a port on the lower right side of the pack. Curiously, Apollo chose to make this a mini-USB port, instead of the rather prolific micro-USB standard that most devices have adapted. Not a big deal to me, personally, but it IS one more cable to carry when on a business trip or vacation.

Two [minor] issues I have with the PCC: one, it doesn't allow for storage of one battery with a carto attached, which means I have to remove the battery and one carto and assemble them before using. Not a huge deal, but a [very minor] annoyance. Second, I wish the battery didn't have to be screwed into the PCC. I have large hands, and find that --in order to screw the battery in-- I have to remove one or two of the spare cartos from their slots. Again, not a deal-breaker, just an observation.

The PCC has a display on the lower right front of the case, that allows the charging level to be seen very easily, and there's a back-lit LCD, which is helpful in low-light conditions. Below the LCD is a small button that you can press to see how much of a charge is left on the battery that's in the charging slot, very handy!

As for the e-cig itself: very nice draw, decent vapor, not overly thick, but not weak, either. With the 12 mg. strength, I get a pretty good throat hit without any harsh feeling, and so far, there's no leakage of juice from the carto. I'll know more about this over time, I suspect.

I have to say that, so far, this looks like the kit I'll be sticking with. I had also ordered [and received today] the Green Smoke Ultimate Kit, and I will also be testing that one out eventually, but the fact that this one comes with the PCC makes it a much better fit for my personal needs.

2013-06-17 16.01.39.jpg 2013-06-17 16.02.12.jpg 2013-06-17 16.03.02.jpg 2013-06-17 16.03.25.jpg

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Thanks for the review, Doc. I ordered the free Apollo e-cig that they offered about a month ago. It included one battery, two "High" cartomizers, and a USB charger. I'm not sure what the nicotine content of the "High" cartos are but they are a little too strong for me. I suppose it's probably 18mg or more.

The battery and carto perform well and I don't really detect any negative issues with them. I like the fact that all of the Apollo products are made in the U.S.A. I will probably get a few of their cartomizers and some juice one of these days but right now I'm really into my Volts. I'll stick with those for now but I do think that Apollo offers a good product.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the review. I was thinking to try Apollo, and thanks to your review I ordered the standard starter kit. Will comment on my experience once I have the kit.

Good for you! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I just got my e-juice sample kit today; green apple, menthol, menthol frost, peach mango and clove. I also ordered a bunch of blank cartomizers so that there's no cross-contamination between flavors. Just finished filling them up and they're steeping. I'll report back later on the taste.

I can say that, while I like thenTH of their juice, I wish there was more vapor.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Tapatalk.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
very good review. got my Apollo standard kit 8 days ago and don't have much to complain about. i did a little research before i settled on Apollo. right now i'm just trying out various nicotine strengths to find that sweet spot. even though i'm still in the testing phase with regards to nicotine strengths and flavors i don't feel the urge to go back to analog cigarettes. so i'm definitely pleased with my purchase and wish i'd done this years ago.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
very good review. got my Apollo standard kit 8 days ago and don't have much to complain about. i did a little research before i settled on Apollo. right now i'm just trying out various nicotine strengths to find that sweet spot. even though i'm still in the testing phase with regards to nicotine strengths and flavors i don't feel the urge to go back to analog cigarettes. so i'm definitely pleased with my purchase and wish i'd done this years ago.

Good for you!

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013

I recommend trying the RY4 and Piña Colada, you won't be disappointed.

CosmicladyP

Jul 13, 2013
Atlanta
I was just researching the Apollo and thought I might try it as I am new to vaping. I have tried Blu, ENJOY, and V2. Have you tried the Volcano. I don't think I want to try the mods or tanks as I like the look and feel of real cigs. There are so many to choose from. Have you seen the Frii as well? I was thinking about either the Apollo or Volcano.

MissNanc

Jul 29, 2013
United States
I also have to praise the Apollo e-cig. I tried 3 other brands before I found Apollo. They totally satisfy my nic cravings. I was lucky enough to get the free Mini Extreme Kit about a month ago and I was so happy with it that I then ordered the Extreme Kit. I had a problem with the USB Charger (with my Mini Extreme Kit) and contacted Apollo via the online chat and they immediately sent me a new one along with another battery. Last Friday (July 26th) I ordered the ESlim Kit and it's "out for delivery" today! So my point is along with loving the brand, and the great customer service, the shipping is so fast it's unbelievable. I'm in Michigan and they are in California and I've never had faster shipping from any company for anything I've ever ordered online. I have recommended them to all the smokers I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread