Provari / Battery weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Dubbya

Apr 13, 2013
London, Uk
Hi Folks
Here's a weird thing:
Sometimes my Provari 2.5 starts to flash, indicating the battery is low- I'm not sure why but I unscrewed the battery cap and then tightened it again and the flashing stopped. When I checked the battery power, it showed 3.6 volts and carried on working for an hour or so before the battery finally ran out.
Could anyone explain why this happens? The batteries are 2 months old and get charged in an nitecore i4 charger.
Thanks.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
What kind of battery? I have noticed a similar thing with my provari. If your battery drops below 3.4 (or is it 3.6?) under lode it will start blinking. Your battery might have just had a weird dip which caused the low battery indicator to come on. While you fire your device the power isn't constant. There is always a fluctuation in power from the battery.

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
Someone told me this issue was one of the very few things they have changed in their 2.5 version of the provari. I have exactly the same thing happening to me on my provari 2.0 but since it doesn't happen every 5minutes I stopped bothering and just deal with it... However, why on earth would you write in grey?!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What you have noticed is relatively common knowledge to long-term Provari owners. Removing the battery and putting it back seems to reset the low battery sensor warning button. A lot of people routinely remove the battery and put it back to reset the low battery indicator, which can become annoying from the constant blinking.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Your best bet would be to get a Sigelei ZMAX. It is a much better mod and doesn't have any of these problems you have with the provari. I sold mine and had enough to get a zmax and protanks and lots of juice. You won't be sorry, you can get a much better mod that will last longer, work better, provide a better vape, and you will have money left over for other things.

Taylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
York, PA
Your best bet would be to get a Sigelei ZMAX. It is a much better mod and doesn't have any of these problems you have with the provari. I sold mine and had enough to get a zmax and protanks and lots of juice. You won't be sorry, you can get a much better mod that will last longer, work better, provide a better vape, and you will have money left over for other things.

Lol (ten characters)

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ

Have to disagree on this one. But to each his own.

To OP, take the battery out, take a qtip and clean the pin inside where the positive head of the battery goes. 90% of the time it's just funky from dust and dirt. Should take care of it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Thank you madstabber, I needed a good laugh today.

Last edited:

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
Have to disagree on this one. But to each his own.

To OP, take the battery out, take a qtip and clean the pin inside where the positive head of the battery goes. 90% of the time it's just funky from dust and dirt. Should take care of it.

An often overlooked task. I think I'll clean mine right now.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another potential issue that is often over-looked are the threads on the battery cap. The battery cap is part of the electrical circuit of the Provari, and if there is oxidation accumulated in the threading (appearing as dark gritty material), the electrical circuit suffers. Some anti-oxidant is in order. Provape recommends Noaloxx. It is sold on the website or you can purchase it in your local hardware store like Lowe's or Home Depot. This not only removes this rust-like material, but will keep your battery cap threads buttery smooth.

The threads should look like shiney bare steel. Apply a small amount of Noaloxx to the threads, work it in with the cap on, and then remove with a soft cloth. Repeat if necessary.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

Protank? I know some like them but I hated hated hated them.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
what?! a problem with a provari??? couldn't be!!! after reading the provari forums, i'm completely convinced that they make your juice taste like a $5000 bottle of champagne, they make you spit gold and poop diamonds, and you instantly get to hang out with michelle obama and neil patrick harris the moment you buy one...

in all seriousness, i'd agree that it's probably a cleaning issue. like anything else, if you don't clean it regularly, it's not going to work properly.

someone above said something about batteries fluctuating when they drain - i almost exclusively use mechs, and i can assure you that if you use PROPER batteries (high-drain, unprotected imr's, i think provape says only aw's if you want to keep your warranty), this is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread