Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would stick with genuine joyetech Twists.
A 650mAH should last you about 5-6 hours if you are not running it at high wattage with low resistance.
I keep mine set about 4.0 - 4.2

I don't know how long a blu disposable lasts, must be like 200puffs or something very dismal.

Get a 1,000 mah Twist or Vision spinner 1300 mah for home, they are longer in size but should last about 8-10+ hours.

I had both 650 and 1000 when I started out

I did not choose the smoktec as quality control doesn't impress me given recalls on other stuff, etc.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Just went through this evaluation myself and came up with the following information.

Stick batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway. My :2c: Congrats on getting here, good luck and Vape On!

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
I bought an joye ego twist and a smoktech winder for my first vv battery's about a month ago. Of those two I prefer the winder as the numbers on the dial are so much easier to read. I can only seem to read the twist dial when it is in direct sunlight and the stars and moon are in perfect alignment. The rest of the battery's seem to be of equal build quality and battery life between the two is not notably different. They are both 900mah and the pair will last me about 1.5 days if I run them dead, but I usually use one for half the day then swap it out for the other and put it on the charger. Battery life really depends on how much you vape.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
JoyeTech Twist is a clone/ knockoff of the original Ovale Twist.
I own both Twist and Spinners and much prefer the Spinner cuz:
wider knurled voltage dial
easy to see voltage numbers
Spinner is 1 mm wider than the Twist but is shorter.
As for the Winder it's similar to the Spinner.
All the above PVs are manufactured by large and reputable companies. Most of us that own both Twists and Spinners prefer the Spinner.
Here's a Winder sale:
Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals: LOWER: Smoktech Winder VV Ego 900mAh - $16.14

As for manufacturers they all have their pros and cons. LOVE some SmokTech gear but also HATE some of their stuff. Same with Vision and JoyeTech.

Last edited:

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
I have not tried the Winder, but I have a Smok ego passthrough and a Joye ego Twist. The center pin on the Smok battery got crushed quickly and now I have to pry it up every so often and not everything will work on it. It is relegated as an emergency battery. My two Twists have been used heavily every day for almost a year and haven't had a single issue with connection or center pin.

Just my experience.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
For the price this seems like a great deal anyone have experience with this one? $15.75 EGO-CE4S Twist 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / 2.7

See billbeck's post above. The linked battery is not variable voltage. So you could use it to start with, but you will more than likely need to upgrade pretty soon to get the VV that you'll need to improve your vaping with different heads / toppers.

That said, many people do start with a non variable ego type battery. But many people also out grow it within a few weeks. My experience only...

card

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
TX
See billbeck's post above. The linked battery is not variable voltage. So you could use it to start with, but you will more than likely need to upgrade pretty soon to get the VV that you'll need to improve your vaping with different heads / toppers.

That said, many people do start with a non variable ego type battery. But many people also out grow it within a few weeks. My experience only...

I'm pretty sure it is vv its called an EGO-CE4S Twist.
Here is one that is not vv: $8.21 EGO-CE4S 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - blue / 3.7 see the difference? You'll see it at the bottom of the battery there is a etched number for the volts in the first link and is titled ego twist. Is there such a thing as a non vv ego twist?

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs

card

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
TX
Using the coupon code 20rocky at checkout gives you 20% off, bringing this to about $62 which I'd be willing to bet is the best deal out there. I bought mine from RMV about 2 weeks ago, just got the 650 Ego C kit w/the mini vivi nova tanks. I LOVE it and it shipped cross country free in 2 days! EGO-C Twist 1000MAh and clearomizer Kit - $78.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

According to the discussion http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1369803/t/1004998/ego-twist this one $15.75 EGO-CE4S Twist 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / 2.7 is the same just without the labeling on the bottom. This one only comes with one battery, but for 15.75 I'm pretty sure I can buy two and still beat the above at half the price, plus I'll get two chargers.

Last edited:

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
According to the discussion Ego Twist: FastTech Forums this one $15.75 EGO-CE4S Twist 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / 2.7 is the same just without the labeling on the bottom. This one only comes with one battery, but for 15.75 I'm pretty sure I can buy two and still beat the above at half the price, plus I'll get two chargers.

WRONG, that's a 650mah, not the 1,000mah. It also doesn't come with 2 mini vivi nova clero's and 5 replacement heads, which are about $30 bundled together. To boot you're buying a KNOCK OFF. I stand by my statement. Find me a better deal on ORIGINAL Ego's and mini vivi novas which BLOW AWAY those fast tech knock off cleros. To put together the same knock off kit at fast tech you MAY save a few bucks I'll give you that. To buy a knock off (which I wouldn't) you'd need to be less than half the price IMO or you're a fool.

card

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
TX
I don't vape continuously all-day long so the 650 mah is all I need plus its smaller than the 1,000mah. Plus, I am pretty sure I read that the ego itself is a clone of the Ovale twist. Since all clones are made in china I wouldn't doubt it if these were made in the same factories as the joy-techs since everything about them is the exact same, all the way to the charger. Just because it doesn't have a stamp and fancy packaging your ready to call it a knock off? But why would anyone want to knock off a knock-off? I'm glad I have never had a real "eGo" so I wouldn't know what I'm missing. Clone clearos are probably just as good too.. but then again I may never know if this these tanks work out fine. I'm not even sure if i'll like clearos or not since im such a noob. I'll be going with the 15 dolar setup for sure.

msween00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Hamden, CT
I don't vape continuously all-day long so the 650 mah is all I need plus its smaller than the 1,000mah. Plus, I am pretty sure I read that the ego itself is a clone of the Ovale twist. Since all clones are made in china I wouldn't doubt it if these were made in the same factories as the joy-techs since everything about them is the exact same, all the way to the charger. Just because it doesn't have a stamp and fancy packaging your ready to call it a knock off? But why would anyone want to knock off a knock-off? I'm glad I have never had a real "eGo" so I wouldn't know what I'm missing. Clone clearos are probably just as good too.. but then again I may never know if this these tanks work out fine. I'm not even sure if i'll like clearos or not since im such a noob. I'll be going with the 15 dolar setup for sure.

Knock offs = less quality control. You may get a great one, you may get crap. Also, if the same factory makes two different brands of the same thing (not uncommon in China) usually the less expensive or knock off version is made with the parts that weren't good enough for the more expensive version (ie didn't pass the quality tests with high enough numbers).

I don't care which way you go as long as you're off the analogs, but it is something you should be aware of.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread