walmart vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

droptopjim

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Tennessee, USA
just started this diy ejuice, and everything i made had an odd aftertaste, i finally tracked it down, i am sure it was the vg i just got from walmart. I made a mix of 10% capellas vanilla custard with 5% boston creme pie, no walmart vg this time. this isnt too bad, and is vapable so perhaps i may be headed in the right direction. Where is a good source/brand for vg?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Some walmarts carry the humco vg that's marked as vegetable glycerin as well as the glycerin that's just labeled as glycerin. If your walmart carries it, at least you would know you're getting vegetable glycerin. It may taste the same though, as a lot of folks say it's the same thing.

Edit: Mean time order a bottle of this. This tastes sweet like vg should, and no 'off' taste. http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-110/Glycerin-Vegetable-KOSHER-USP/Detail

Last edited:

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
just started this diy ejuice, and everything i made had an odd aftertaste, i finally tracked it down, i am sure it was the vg i just got from walmart. I made a mix of 10% capellas vanilla custard with 5% boston creme pie, no walmart vg this time. this isnt too bad, and is vapable so perhaps i may be headed in the right direction. Where is a good source/brand for vg?

Hi droptopjim,
I believe the Walmart and CVS are the same. Many people find it good, but your not alone in not liking -we all have different tastes.
I haven't tried the Humco yet, but I did buy one recently. Have bought these and liked.
1000 ml of Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher Certified
Amazon.com: Vegetable Glycerine Kosher USP - 1 Quart (32 Oz.): Everything Else
Amazon.com: Glycerin Vegetable Kosher USP - 1 Quart: Health & Personal Care

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Per the stickied thread here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/52669-pg-vg-labeling-purity-please-read.html it is :
Although I cannot speak for EVERY manufacturer of Glycerin, USP that exists, I did personally speak to the Quality Assurance person at Humco, Inc. Humco contract packages (meaning, places their manufactured product into other company's labeled bottles) for almost every major pharmacy label in the country. From their company information they contract package for the following:

Among our wholesale customers are McKesson Healthcare Solutions, Cardinal Health and AmerisourceBergen(which is the Family Phamacy and Good Neighbor Pharmacy labels) along with most regional wholesalers. In addition, Humco supplies products to Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid and Wal-Mart.

So any Glycerin, USP labeled in any of the above mentioned Pharmacy labels (Humco, Family Pharmacy, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreen's and Walmart labels) IS USP grade AND Vegetable sourced.

Brands of Glycerin, USP not included in the above list would have to be verified as solely vegetable source by direct contact with the manufacturer/packager/distributor listed on the label.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Humco states that it's glycerin is made from either animal or vegetable fat. This was a few years ago so things could have changed.

"...Brands of Glycerin, USP not included in the above list would have to be verified as solely vegetable source by direct contact with the manufacturer/packager/distributor listed on the label. "

I've seen several posts from folks that maintain that the USP grade is the magic words to look for on anything labeled just glycerin because that would mean it is vegetable sourced. That's probably true but another thing we haven't considered is shelf life.

All I know is I went to use a little of the humco glycerin and it didn't taste good. Not real bad, but just a little off some way. I put it back in the medicine cabinet to use on my skin, but after a few weeks I started to notice a slight odor when I went to use some. I threw it out. I had picked up two bottles so I opened the second and it smelled fine and I've been using it on my hands. I just now went and tasted it and it does indeed taste just fine. Nice and sweet with no 'off' note at all.

So I say taste a drop of it, and if it tastes fine then it probably is fine.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
The one I bought a few weeks ago has 4-18 on it. I'm fair sure that I have seen 2 years mentioned somewhere else however.

My Humco from Walmart has 4-18 also. The others that I bought have been 2 years or no expiration noted. Just like other things in life - doesn't mean it goes bad on that date. Some veterans are going beyond 2 years in the gallon size as I type and hopeful we will know more from their experience :)

tru2dgame

Feb 28, 2012
Virginia, USA
yes, USP are the magic words. U.S. Pharmacopoeia - Which means that the company abides by the stringent methods and practices in manufacturing. These standards are world renowned and are used by some countries as a default since it provides a good level of consumer safety. U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention

You definitely are not going to go wrong buying something USP grade as the cheapest brand to the most expensive must adhere to the same guidelines in order to receive that labeling grade. That is why I get my PG at tractor supply company. USP Grade Propylene Glycol. Works great and is 20 a gallon like it would be on Amazon but with no wait for shipping.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
I bought CVS vg today, I already had walmart humco and wizard labs. Why did I feel it necessary to go to CVS? :blink: Haven't cracked it open yet, though. I'm seriously considering getting a gallon of pg and vg from Essential Depot, but the initial outlay is daunting. Tried ordering the smallest bottle, the shipping was like $10 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread