• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

14500 battery charger from FastTech questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejoe

Aug 10, 2010
Cabo San Lucas, MX
I just recently purchased a SuperT Precise Simplicity and 3 AW IMR 14500 batteries. I was a bit impulsive on buying the battery charger and bought one without doing any research. I bought the following charger from fasttech and due to the price, I'm afraid I bought something that is either dangerous, or incompatible with my batteries. I can't find any information about it. Will this charger work with my AW IMR 14500 batteries? What are the draw backs of this charger?

$3.74 Portable Digital Battery Charger for 14500 Rechargeable Batteries - US plug / charges two 14500 at once at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thank you

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Thats a good price but I have several mods that use different size batts so that wouldn't help me.

battcharger.JPG

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I just recently purchased a SuperT Precise Simplicity and 3 AW IMR 14500 batteries. I was a bit impulsive on buying the battery charger and bought one without doing any research. I bought the following charger from FastTech and due to the price, I'm afraid I bought something that is either dangerous, or incompatible with my batteries. I can't find any information about it. Will this charger work with my AW IMR 14500 batteries? What are the draw backs of this charger?

$3.74 Portable Digital Battery Charger for 14500 Rechargeable Batteries - US plug / charges two 14500 at once at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thank you

Yes it will charge your 14500 batteries - its a charger for rechargeables.
The drawback is you've bought a no-name cheap charger. The quality may not be very good and you take a risk. I won't lecture you with horror stories - but your choice isn't the best and I do strongly recommend you get yourself something better. I wouldn't use it.
This is a good charger - lots of vapers are using the Nitecore 12s:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte

Other good chargers are Xtar or Pila.

Last edited:

joejoe

Aug 10, 2010
Cabo San Lucas, MX
The drawback is you've bought a no-name cheap charger. The quality may not be very good and you take a risk. I won't lecture you with horror stories - but your choice isn't the best and I do strongly recommend you get yourself something better. I wouldn't use it.

This is what I'm looking for. I couldn't find any reviews of these chargers and would like to read some of those stories and why I should or shouldn't use this charger. I read this charger has built in battery protection and fault detection, so I would like to know what the risks are above these features, or if these features don't work on this particular charger.

Thanks guys.

joejoe

Aug 10, 2010
Cabo San Lucas, MX

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
This is what I'm looking for. I couldn't find any reviews of these chargers and would like to read some of those stories and why I should or shouldn't use this charger. I read this charger has built in battery protection and fault detection, so I would like to know what the risks are above these features, or if these features don't work on this particular charger.

Thanks guys.

That's one issue - how do we find reviews of a no-name charger? I prefer to use something that has reviews and a good track record that is known. Your charger may have those features you mention but I would question the quality control on such a cheap generic unit.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Pila Xtar are the best chargers. Do you need the best...I'd argue no. You dont want the cheapest either. 4+ years of vaping and Trustfires have been safe and worked well for me...just my opinion.

Battery chargers at RTD Vapor

I have a couple of Trustfire TR-001s that have worked ok for me. If I use them its for the 18350s. Mostly though I use an Xtar WP2 that is a very good and not too expensive charger. It can charge the 18650s quicker and is a better quality. Its this one:
http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/xtar-wp2-ii-detail
The Nitecore 12 on the RTD Vapor page is the same one Fasttech are selling cheaper with free shipping:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread