How Do You Thicken the Juice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
Are you factoring your flavorings as part of the PG final ratio? If you aren't, you need to and if you already are doing that than you need more vg in your mix for it to be thicker.

Thank you for reply. Yes, I am factoring in the PG in the flavors. I have ordered several flavors from TVC at 50/50 and they are thicker then mine.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
Use a thicker VG.

Use less flavoring.

Keep your bottles closed tight, except as required to mix, as PG & VG draw water out of the air to themselves and water thins.

Use VG based flavorings.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

Where do you get the thicker PG? So opening the bottles and airing them out "steeping" will thin them out? Who has VG flavorings or is it hit and miss with the different companies. I use CAP, DIY FS, LOR, FA, FW and a little TPA. Appreciate your help.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've never seen thicker PG. Different VG's have different viscosity.

Steeping is done with a closed bottle. (Entropy is the target)

Breathe or Airing-Out is an open bottle. (Oxidation, evaporation of high notes and alcohol, adding a bitter taste is the target)

They do two different things to a mix and it is darn shame to confuse them into one concept.

Of the companies you listed, the only one I know that carries VG flavoring is TPA/TFA. (I don't play with FW's stuff, so don't know anything about it.)

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
I've never seen thicker PG. Different VG's have different viscosity.

Steeping is done with a closed bottle. (Entropy is the target)

Breathe or Airing-Out is an open bottle. (Oxidation, evaporation of high notes and alcohol, adding a bitter taste is the target)

They do two different things to a mix and it is darn shame to confuse them into one concept.

Of the companies you listed, the only one I know that carries VG flavoring is TPA/TFA. (I don't play with FW's stuff, so don't know anything about it.)

Who has a pretty thick VG. (meant to put VG instead of the PG....sorry). I do understand leaving the bottles open is to let out alcohol etc. Maybe I am leaving them open too long. How long should you leave them open? I usually do it for a day. Then I close them and just let them sit for what seems forever. Thank you for all your help. Really new to this DIY stuff. I need all the help I can get. I have been reading this forum for days on end. So much info.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The P&G VG is my favorite, but I like that viscosity...

I only have one recipe that I let Breathe and it's only for a few hours. It's the only one that gets better by being left open, so I have no idea how long yours need FFAD. I'm not even sure why leaving a bottle open is so popular. It's way down on my list of things to try.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
The P&G VG is my favorite, but I like that viscosity...

I only have one recipe that I let Breathe and it's only for a few hours. It's the only one that gets better by being left open, so I have no idea how long yours need FFAD. I'm not even sure why leaving a bottle open is so popular. It's way down on my list of things to try.

I am going to get some P&G VG and stop letting my juices air out unless really necessary. Lesson learned the hard way. I think I will also increase the VG in my mixes also. Now I need to figure out some good recipes (I hope).

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The P&G is thinner. If you want thicker, the Humco, carried at places like Walmart, is a better way to go.

I like P&G's because of the flavor, or lack of flavor. VG tastes like olive oil to me and the P&G is closer to a light virgin olive oil to me.

I like the thinner viscosity of the P&G too. Seems to become homogeneous quicker when mixed with PG.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
The P&G is thinner. If you want thicker, the Humco, carried at places like Walmart, is a better way to go.

I like P&G's because of the flavor, or lack of flavor. VG tastes like olive oil to me and the P&G is closer to a light virgin olive oil to me.

I like the thinner viscosity of the P&G too. Seems to become homogeneous quicker when mixed with PG.

Thank you very much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread