R.I.P Gioacchino (Jack) Giampapa

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
WELL!!!!

I'm happy at last! I can see every picture!

This ole brain isn't designed to go thru so much to achieve this!

What finally worked was shutting the puter all the way down then logging on with plain ole IE! The color's sharper, the letters are richer, I got to "like" every single picture instead of only about two then I'd have to refresh.

Kapers is happy, happy at last:laugh:

Rob and Alice, thank you so much for posting so many pictures so that all of us that couldn't be there got a chance to be there at least vicariously.

Jack's mountains are stunning!No wonder he scoffs at us flatlanders!

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
My DH so misses the 70's; the peoples' attitudes, behaviors, ways of living and being, etc. It's still around up there.

Last video is still uploading to PB so can't interrupt it. Just now said upload failed after going for hours. One was too large. So now can post a few pics.

Back in a bit.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Veteran's Memorial Cemetery.
20130624_104812.jpg~original

20130624_095621.jpg~original

20130624_104226.jpg~original

Julie and Rob taking pictures of gorgeous view in Jack's mountains. We were "up there."
20130622_152608.jpg~original

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Hang'n on Bert's Patio. Bert's lovely wife B, not in picture, was working most of the time but we did get to spend some quality time with her. She's as gracious as they come. Bert says she's a brazen wench when it comes to vaping anywhere she pleases. GlassyFreddie, not in picture, dropped by some.

20130621_165202.jpg~original

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Sunday night last supper. So here's some of the story............. (BTW... Bert knows the owner, place just recently opened, great success. He brews some of his own beer. Even beer haters could find one they liked. We spent evening passing glasses around the table.) So when Julie, Rob, and I arrived at Bert and B's TV was on. Pietro just had to see it. We watched over an hour and event still hadn't happened. But timing great as B got off work and with us soon after we arrived at ....... not sure what you call the place but so many beers/ales to sample, some going up to 12%. (Guess you can tell I know very little about beer.) So we put two phones in middle of table, camera's live feed from different angles. B arrived soon after pics taken. Food incredible!!!!!!
High-wire artist Nik Wallenda walks across canyon, but maybe not Grand | World news | guardian.co.uk

20130623_194913.jpg~original

20130623_195145.jpg~original

20130623_195121.jpg~original

20130623_195057.jpg~original

20130623_195021.jpg~original

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Wow. I didn't know about this. I'm either off or on (too much) the forum. I don't live too far from Conifer. The next time I'm up there I'll stop and take a few vapes and let him know you all say hello.

Sorry we missed you. Wish we had known to get in touch with you. You were with us in heart and spirit.

Feisty Alice

Spirit76

Jun 26, 2013
Conifer, CO, USA
Hi, I'm Bard. I'm a semi family member of Jack's (I hooked up with Penny, Jack's #1 and Gioa's Mom, in 1990). Since we moved to Paradise from Miami in 2005, after 3 hurricanes hit our house, I got to spend a lot of time with Jack. Gioa, Billy, Jonny (Little Man), Mikhaele, Jill (his sister) and her husband Todd, Penny and I want to thank you all for sending part of the ReoMod family to the service. For us it was like immediate family and very comforting. You could not have sent a finer group than Alice, Julie, Bert, Pietro and Rob. They are extremely nice people, for flatlanders.
Sorry it took so long to post this. I am computer semi literate and it took 3 days to figure where to post 5 times, I did live chat a lot.
Thanks again for sharing the love.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Just one more picture of one of Jack's dearly beloved breed that makes me think of how much he'll be forever missed by his REOfamily -

376283_213660082044419_1083881647_n.jpg

I'm so glad his RW family knows how we all feel. I just cannot thank those from REOville who went to honor and celebrate him out of personal friendship, but also on all of our behalves, enough!
I remember that pic from the GSDC on FB! He loved GSD's!? And I never knew that was him with the "No, I'm not Tom Selleck" shirt!
I can only hope I make 1/100th of the amount of people that remembered him, remember me...he surely left a massive legacy. I've had no interactions with him, but man did he have a crew! Great send up folks. You went above and beyond.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I remember that pic from the GSDC on FB! He loved GSD's!? And I never knew that was him with the "No, I'm not Tom Selleck" shirt!
I can only hope I make 1/100th of the amount of people that remembered him, remember me...he surely left a massive legacy. I've had no interactions with him, but man did he have a crew! Great send up folks. You went above and beyond.

Besides leaving a loving family behind, he also left his GSD behind....DAWG. :wub: You should read his book *Cherish the Magic* It's a great story about a man and his GSD :) You'll get to know the man a little through that book I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread