Drain and refill iclear 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostin

Jun 21, 2013
Louisville KY
So my parts came this morning and I gave up analogs. I purchased two iclear 16's and 2 eGo CTwist batteries. They work awesome. I've tried looking around, but can't seem to find much information on draining a cartomizer and refilling it. I have one tank filled with a liquid that is okay at best to me, and I have one that I really don't like at all. So I have some questions about draining a basically full iclear 16 and refilling it. Do you unscrew it from the drip to drain or the part that connect to the battery? Once apart, how do you clean the wicks, or do you even have to? Do you pull the wicks off the head? People talk about washing it. Which parts do you exactly wash, which ones do you want to make sure you don't get anything on, etc?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm extremely new to vaping and there is A LOT to know it seems like.

Thanks.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hi, and welcome to ECF.

As far as the iclear16s, it's pretty simple to clean. Just be careful not to lose the tiny o-rings :)

Okay, to empty and clean: unscrew the top, and place on a paper towel, napkin, tissue, etc. Notice the tiny o-ring attacked to the drip tip (black mouthpiece). That will come off easily -- don't lose it if it does, and be careful when you rinse so it doesn't go down the drain.

Unscrew the bottom from the plastic tube using the gnurled part of the metal over the sink. Be careful not to break the plastic. The coil heads are attached to a post attached to the base. The liquid will flush quickly. You don't have to unscrew from the base, unless you're changing out the coil head itself. Rinse under running water, using your fingers to gently pat the juice from the wicks -- don't pull on the wicks -- they are attached to the coils. The rubber piece ontop of the coil head --make certain you don't lose that. That forms a seal with the mouthpiece. You can take it off and rinse it out, but don't lose it. After the wicks are free from juice, simple pat them down, shake them off and let all the piece air dry.

Put back together and you're good to go.

boostin

Jun 21, 2013
Louisville KY
Hi, and welcome to ECF.

As far as the iclear16s, it's pretty simple to clean. Just be careful not to lose the tiny o-rings :)

Okay, to empty and clean: unscrew the top, and place on a paper towel, napkin, tissue, etc. Notice the tiny o-ring attacked to the drip tip (black mouthpiece). That will come off easily -- don't lose it if it does, and be careful when you rinse so it doesn't go down the drain.

Unscrew the bottom from the plastic tube using the gnurled part of the metal over the sink. Be careful not to break the plastic. The coil heads are attached to a post attached to the base. The liquid will flush quickly. You don't have to unscrew from the base, unless you're changing out the coil head itself. Rinse under running water, using your fingers to gently pat the juice from the wicks -- don't pull on the wicks -- they are attached to the coils. The rubber piece ontop of the coil head --make certain you don't lose that. That forms a seal with the mouthpiece. You can take it off and rinse it out, but don't lose it. After the wicks are free from juice, simple pat them down, shake them off and let all the piece air dry.

Put back together and you're good to go.

Thanks so much for that! When you say rinse under water, you're talking about everything right? I don't want to run water over the coils to mess them up and someone say, "Oh didn't think I had to put that in there, that's common sense!" lol

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Yep, everything. Don't worry about getting the coils wet -- they air dry like everything else. You just don't want to break the coils by tugging on the wicks :) Rinse under running water.

Most times if I've used them for at least a week, after the rinsing, I let the piece soak in the hot water for a little while, then rinse them off again just to make certain all of the residue came off.

boostin

Jun 21, 2013
Louisville KY
Yep, everything. Don't worry about getting the coils wet -- they air dry like everything else. You just don't want to break the coils by tugging on the wicks :) Rinse under running water.

Most times if I've used them for at least a week, after the rinsing, I let the piece soak in the hot water for a little while, then rinse them off again just to make certain all of the residue came off.

Thanks again! Just cleaned everything out, will put it all back together and refill in the morning. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread