Ekowool sheath for stainless steel wick for AGA-T2. SS rope ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Do you sleeve it all the way or just in the coil region ?

I've done both. First was just from the wick hole to the the top for the coil. Then I sleeved the whole thing as experiement to see if less cooked juice would mix back into the tank. It seems like my juice is not changing color nearly as quick or bad as with a full mesh wick but I think that may just be because of the Ekowool helping with that. I've been meaning to try another idea I had but it's had a full sleeve for a while now & working great. Couldn't really tell a difference in vapor production so I think I will just continue to sleeve the whole thing.

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I've done both. First was just from the wick hole to the the top for the coil. Then I sleeved the whole thing as experiement to see if less cooked juice would mix back into the tank. It seems like my juice is not changing color nearly as quick or bad as with a full mesh wick but I think that may just be because of the Ekowool helping with that. I've been meaning to try another idea I had but it's had a full sleeve for a while now & working great. Couldn't really tell a difference in vapor production so I think I will just continue to sleeve the whole thing.

How big is the SS mesh square you use vs no Ekowool . I am asking this because after I roll my SS mesh there is barely any space left in the hole.
Another question is are you oxidizing the mesh when using Ekowool ?

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
How big is the SS mesh square you use vs no Ekowool . I am asking this because after I roll my SS mesh there is barely any space left in the hole.
Another question is are you oxidizing the mesh when using Ekowool ?

I forget exactly but it is short. I want to say when I was doing a full mesh it was like 2.5" long or so. For the sleeved wick I started out with 1" & ended up cutting it a bit shorter as after I rolled it. I pre cut the height of the wick to 1.25" for the RSST. I rolled it tight & made it just a bit under 2mm dia so it's a really thin wick, then sleeved it with 2mm Ekowool. I don't oxize the mesh when using Ekowool. I just blast it with a propane torch real quick to burn off anything that might be on it. I used 300 mesh with all VG. When I was using a full Ekowool wick I was using 3mm Ekowool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread