Wicks and wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

uitzetter

Jul 12, 2012
The Netherlands
For the vivi's and the protanks (same for the evod's) I use 30 or 32. I find 28 too thick, unless you want really low ohms and want to put it on a mech.

For VV/VW I would stick to 30/32g wire.

Doesn't matter what kind or wick you are using. I agree, 3mm always works for me. I tested with double folded 3mm last week. It works, but I got too many wraps on there, so the resistance was on the high end for me. On the protank I do not use flavor wicks and not a sillicon thingy on the air tube. Gives me more flavor. Haven't tried this fat a wick on the vivi though...

So anything from 3 - 4 X 1mm - 3 X 1.5mm - 2 X 2mm - 1 X 3 mm etc. will work. Just use what you have lying around or if you are just starting, try out what kinds of wick you like the best in terms of making a new coil and wicking capabilities. If you are tight on a budget, try to see if you can recoil with el-cheapo cotton. Look for the threads here on ECF. It wicks great. Small learning curve. I prefer German silica right now, however, is more expensive then cotton balls or cotton roll.

The most versatile wire for clearo's is def. 32g I think.

BigLebowski

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
Clearfield, UT
With money tight, skip the wick and learn to use cotton from cotton balls or even q tips. Pretty sure you already have those. Some people swear by cotton for flavor, just dont let it go dry.

For Protank I use a 5 wrap on a 1/16 drill bit and then pull cotton through the coil. I get a 1.8-2.0 coil, and make sure you prime it and let it sit for at least half an hour.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
thanks for the info but i dont think cotton would be good for me i chain vape and get dry hits now and again thinkin that would be nasty

Cotton wicks much better than silica. One I figured out the right amount to use in my evods I can't get a dry hit even if I try. I just use cotton balls I got at the local dollar store. Well I think I got them at the dollar store as they have no brand name, I have had them for ages. It has me so spoiled I cant even vape off of silica anymore, such an awful taste it adds.

Edit: Forgot to add 30 or 32ga kanthal works best for me. With 28ga I could bairly fit enough wraps to get a 1.3ohm head. Go 30ga for 1.5-1.8ohm coils and if you want higher than that get 32ga.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread