Anyone Rebuild an iSmoke or iClear 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I did my first rebuild today, and wow is it rewarding. The taste from the cotton wick sure does the trick. I did several: ProTank, CE6, T3Ms and Mini Nova. The two I couldn't were the iClear 16 and the iSmoke BCC.

Anyone had success with either? For the iSmoka the only issue was I couldn't get the dang thing apart. I don't know why, is there a way to get to the coil? For the iClear I noticed two rubber caps and since it has double coils, I couldn't figure out a proper technique. Any help with either would be great.

Cheers.

vape em if you got em!

For the iClear I noticed two rubber caps and since it has double coils, I couldn't figure out a proper technique. Any help with either would be great.

I got some of the iClear 16's with my itaste VV 3.0 and I love them! I took one apart to see if I could build it. I got it entirely dissembled. The biggest problem I see is the silicone sleeves on the coil wire. Are these the "rubber Caps" you were talking about?
I wouldn't even know where to find silicone tubing that small and even if you did how would you get it on the coil. Also it is very difficult to thread the coil wires. One end has to go down through the center while the other has to press against the wall of the atomizer tube. I suspect when these are built that the end of the coil that goes down through the tube is long and then trimmed once it is installed. But again I dont know how to get the silicone tubing on a coil lead.

DerNemo

Sep 9, 2013
Dayton, OH
I know this thread's been quiet for a month or so, but since I'm new I wanted to chime in (since this was the thread that brought me to the site). I've rebuilt my 16's coils once so far, didn't replace the silicone tubing (hasn't affected anything), I did have a problem at first where once everything was back together I'd test it on my multimeter and it would null out, apparently there's a silicon o-ring that was causing the coils to ground out when fully assembled, ended up taking it out, hooking everything back up and the thing works perfectly. When I get some new rebuild supplies I'll put together a video or pics showing it.

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I know this thread's been quiet for a month or so, but since I'm new I wanted to chime in (since this was the thread that brought me to the site). I've rebuilt my 16's coils once so far, didn't replace the silicone tubing (hasn't affected anything), I did have a problem at first where once everything was back together I'd test it on my multimeter and it would null out, apparently there's a silicon o-ring that was causing the coils to ground out when fully assembled, ended up taking it out, hooking everything back up and the thing works perfectly. When I get some new rebuild supplies I'll put together a video or pics showing it.

Hi, Did you ever make that video?
Cheers,
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread